Nokia 5800 . Update, I got it and its hot!

OK here are the details. Its hot and I only had to put down $100.
pimp.gif
Thisis my first new/camera phone since 2007
sick.gif
. But it was worth the wait. Thehand writing takes some getting used to but its great. I love the camera too. I'll post pics from it later.

3066133326_726458cab7.jpg

I got sick of it after about three days.. nothing else to do really..

Bought iphone and never looked back..

Touchscreen isnt very responsive at all.. requires double tap or even triple just to get into something and it looks cheap as hell.. its called xpressmusic fora reason..

I say wait for nokia n97 , it looks very promising.. or an iphone? never have one of those BB..

Originally Posted by xx Name Brand xx

I would get it. I have a nokia and it's a very powerful phone.
Yeah I was peepin that. Some guy on youtube was saying it was better quality wise than the storm because it doesn't get those annoyingscratches around the boarder.

uggggh

i need a new phone

dont know if this will do it though

any word on the n97 coming to america?

i hate my n95
sick.gif

Looks nice but I like HTC's a lot better. I hate when they limit video time 30sec tho?

I picked up a 5800 and the trash never worked.

I was excited too.

Had to settle with something else.

Nokia has trash these days in the U.S.

Used to be hard into Nokia since analog.

Now, straight LG.

On Verizon, by the way, so obviously the options are small Nokia-wise.

Future looks promising, though.

wait for the Nokia 5900... rumored that it got capacitive screen. unlike the 5800 with resistive.

if you are a fan of iphone multi touch youre not going to like the 5800.

s60 is a powerful OS...but many people hate it.

Originally Posted by raffstyleXX

wait for the Nokia 5900... rumored that it got capacitive screen. unlike the 5800 with resistive.

I was going with the 5800 since its with Cincinnati Bell and I prefer them over the other companies at this point and its only $150
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RKO2004

I was going with the 5800 since its with Cincinnati Bell and I prefer them over the other companies at this point and its only $150
pimp.gif
thats a good deal... hope you like the phone. check symbianfreak.com and its forum its a good site.

How is the internet navigation?
It's not bad. I occassionally find it difficult to activate links, but it doesn't bother me too much. It really depends on the website aswell.

I bought this phone about 1.5 months ago and I like it. I like how the touchscreen actually requires effort to work, rather than the iPhone's manner ofworking. The hand-writing recognition isn't bad either, you just have to train it first. The 3rd party applications are growing in number, so you can findalot of extra games and apps for it too. Music volumes are near perfect, the low being very quiet and high being loud enough.
The Symbian OS is my favorite. I had an N72 before and I wanted to stick with nokia, but wanted a media phone, and the 5800 fulfilled all my desires.
The video playback is great and the 8gb micro SD card that you get is very handy. Plus, the resolution of the screen is amazing, especially for widescreenmovies.
If you use the phone aspect more than the media aspect, I wouldn't recommend this phone to you, but if you'd like a multi-media device that also hasthe ability to make calls and text, then I would strongly recommend this gadget.

I love my iPhone Killer.

Originally Posted by corporateJP

Nokia has trash these days in the U.S.

Used to be hard into Nokia since analog.

Now, straight LG.

On Verizon, by the way, so obviously the options are small Nokia-wise.

Future looks promising, though.
Most of the good stuff that they make doesn't even make it to the US though. The process of legalizing it here is very lengthy, so even if weget something, the proceeding model is already out elsewhere. That's why Nokias here usually aren't top of the line.
I get my Nokias from India, where the process isn't as lengthy and the variety is available. When I went recently, there was the N96, N86, 5800, 7310,5320, N73(old), and E71 as the main models, each satisfying the different needs/wants of different people. Here, Nokia is only present in the lower-end modelslike the flip-phones and old school bar phones. Take a look at the N series and you'd change your mind.

pimp.gif

For $150 I think you should get it. Its a great deal.

Originally Posted by nealraj006

How is the internet navigation?
It's not bad. I occassionally find it difficult to activate links, but it doesn't bother me too much. It really depends on the website as well.

I bought this phone about 1.5 months ago and I like it. I like how the touchscreen actually requires effort to work, rather than the iPhone's manner of working. The hand-writing recognition isn't bad either, you just have to train it first. The 3rd party applications are growing in number, so you can find alot of extra games and apps for it too. Music volumes are near perfect, the low being very quiet and high being loud enough.
The Symbian OS is my favorite. I had an N72 before and I wanted to stick with nokia, but wanted a media phone, and the 5800 fulfilled all my desires.
The video playback is great and the 8gb micro SD card that you get is very handy. Plus, the resolution of the screen is amazing, especially for widescreen movies.
If you use the phone aspect more than the media aspect, I wouldn't recommend this phone to you, but if you'd like a multi-media device that also has the ability to make calls and text, then I would strongly recommend this gadget.

I love my iPhone Killer.

Nice review. Thanks. I'm going to try and get it tomorrow morning. Where and how do I get apps? I heard it was a issue with the camera and they made a appfor it.
thats a good deal... hope you like the phone. check symbianfreak.com and its forum its a good site.
Yeah it does seem like a good deal
happy.gif
. Thanks for the site.

Back
Top Bottom