Non Drinkers And Non Smokers…. How do you go to sleep?

Breathing exercises (5 seconds inhale, 5 seconds exhale, etc.) and/or meditating in bed can really help knock you out.

Also, sleep attire is important. I can’t sleep with jeans or heavy clothes on. (Except if it’s cold at night) Sometimes I sleep with socks on. A tank top, t shirt and gym shorts is perfect for me.

I know some people who sleep in the nude (I can’t do it :lol: :lol: :lol:) and I sleep in light colored clothes.

Air condition has to be on 70-74. Joint got to be frigid cold sometimes for me

Evening workouts as a couple of y’all suggested definitely keep me up late 💯
But we’re all different.

I use 420, works like a charm lol

Evening workouts as a couple of y’all suggested definitely keep me up late 💯
But we’re all different.

I use 420, works like a charm lol

Different for every one. I workout at 11pm sometimes, take a shower and then be knocked out.

I also have my Google speaker play white noise and I make sure to turn my phone off and make sure the room and bed aren't too hot or cold.

I got no problems going to bed, staying asleep is my issue….But just laying down and getting comfy with some background noise always knocks me out

The bad part is I can’t watch or focus on anything after like 9 pm these days cuz I’m guaranteed to doze off on it :lol: :smh:

Also, sleep attire is important. I can’t sleep with jeans or heavy clothes on. (Except if it’s cold at night) Sometimes I sleep with socks on. A tank top, t shirt and gym shorts is perfect for me.

I know some people who sleep in the nude (I can’t do it :lol: :lol: :lol:) and I sleep in light colored clothes.

Air condition has to be on 70-74. Joint got to be frigid cold sometimes for me

Sleeping in jeans is wild lol

Last couple months I have been waking up way more frequently. My main problem is staying asleep, every couple hrs or so during the night. I feel like I have been asleep for hours but it has been only an hr or two. Use to be able to sleep throughout the night 7 to 8 hrs. Some times I can fall back quickly. Can only get about 6 to 7 hrs of sleep now. Surprisingly not tired during the day

Currently, taking a sleeping course from kaiser. Should look into it if you have health insurance.

Some tips for me to work on
get back to exercising and being more active
Limit liquid and food 3 hrs before sleep
Limit screen time, even though I can fall asleep, the blue light will still effect sleep
Clothing and body temp is important
I try to read before bed to tire out

I got no problems going to bed, staying asleep is my issue….But just laying down and getting comfy with some background noise always knocks me out

The bad part is I can’t watch or focus on anything after like 9 pm these days cuz I’m guaranteed to doze off on it :lol: :smh:
I try to do the countdown method. Say 200 and down to 0. If my brain lapses, I reset back at 200.

Speaking of sleep…………. As soon as i quit smoking I started having dreams/nightmares again.
That’s because weed stops your REM sleep so when you stop smoking it comes back full force and that’s why the dream be wild. I’ve always been a dreamer and remember my dreams even when I’m smoking so when I stop smoking/take breaks my dreams be on another level.

As far as tips for better sleep, lots of good advice in this thread. Here’s my list, probably some stuff others have said already but here goes

exercise (sometimes working out too late can give you some energy and it’ll be hard to sleep)
No screens an hour or two before your planned bed time
No caffeine after like 3 PM
Drink some tart Cherry juice before bed, gives you natural melatonin, get the good stuff from the health food store that is pure tart Cherry juice, nothing else added
Get you a lavender spray and spray yourself and bed area with that before bed
Get you a weighted blanket, i recently got one and it’s made falling asleep super easy. The rule is supposedly get one that’s 10 percent your body weight. I went with a 15 lb one and I’m 250 and it works fine but Ima probably try to get a 20-25 lb one soon
Try to read before bed, should doze you out better than being on your phone getting dopamine hits all night that’ll keep you up
This supplement here has helped me stay asleep too, I’d recommend giving it a try
8C8B81AE-943F-411B-8A30-48B018687BF4.jpeg

That’s all I got for now, hope this can help. Sleep is super important and getting a full nights rest is crucial.

Wake up at 5 am for 2 weeks straight and take no more than a 15 min nap during the day….this will self resolve itself pretty easily.

I did all sorts of stuff until i got to this conclusion. Some people it’s just harder to fall asleep and you need to hit that reset button.

I throw on an audio book / white noise with a 15 minute timer and i’m out most nights. You don’t need to stick with 5 am i get up at 615 now it’s just important to start 5 am the first few weeks for the reset.

A few painful days for a lifetime of bliss.

Also, invest in your mattress and bedding.
I changed all my bedding to satin and it is just a whole new level of comfy. It adapts to the weather perfectly. There is no way I could ever go back to cotton.
I also bought a technogel mattress and pillow, which is basically a layer of cooling gel on top.

Bro talking about “he can’t sleep in jeans”… :rofl:Who TF would do that.

I sleep naked. Church.

As I got older, caffeine started to affect me more. I don't drink caffeinated drinks after 3pm and only have about 2 cups of coffee per day in the morning.

Also, working out. Any time of day but with enough intensity where you are actually tired when you go to bed.

I've heard of: no food 2 hours before sleep, no screens 1 hour before sleep. Haven't tried that but that sounds difficult.

It might also take a week or so of forcing yourself to wake up early and stay awake so that you are tired and can't wait to go to sleep at night.

I've heard a lot of people who quit smoking say they had trouble sleeping afterwards, that's never really been an issue for me but i also haven't taken a long break from smoking in some years

Back
Top Bottom