NORCAL POWER OUTAGE VOL THE APOCALYPSE STARTS?

and all folks doing is complaining on social media
no one in the streets
demanding answers or anything
again
it aint even hot or windy
so bs on fire precaution
I talked to some people up north in chico and willows they said winds were 40+ they couldnt even go speed limit anywhere.
Power didnt go out on me a few family said they were effected

I had some crazy wind rip my chrome windshield visor off da peterbilt before. :lol:

Those wind gusts are no joke out west.

I haven't been affected in Milpitas.
They should setup some windbreaker or tunnel something or other to protect their lines instead of shutting it off. There gotta be a better solution than shutting down power for everyone. Like we've never had strong winds before

Reactions: Ube
7F8823DB-A7B7-44A0-9928-F5EFC1B2CA7E.jpeg
On my street

How long was power actually out? People are saying days were reported but people in those areas said it was a couple hours which isn't bad. Still messed up on their part but a couple hours ain't **** with a heads up.

How long was power actually out? People are saying days were reported but people in those areas said it was a couple hours which isn't bad. Still messed up on their part but a couple hours ain't **** with a heads up.

Depends on which part of the Bay Area. The central parts of the major cities weren’t affected/affected much, but the more rural/forest/hilly areas have had power out for much longer. There are still 300K people without power.

Also, no one was really given a proper heads up. I believe we all received emergency messages on our phones around late afternoon-evening of the of the day PG&E started to cut power, which gave people almost no time to prepare.

It really shouldn’t come down to such drastic measures. PG&E is negligent as $!&@ and spends millions in executive bonuses but damn near nothing on improving their infrastructure. Getting them to trim trees near power lines is damn near an impossible task

Last edited:
Cats is paying ALL THAT MONEY IN RENT in the bay and cant even keep they lights on????

WTF

It’s October, aint no wildfires......something seem hella backwards

Your ignorance is astounding. October is prime fire season in CA.

If anyone wants to switch over to solar so they aren’t affected by this mess in the future, hit my PM I have a buddy who can get u setup.

Its outright disgusting what lengths they go to to save their butt.
People should protest in front of the executives home everyday the power is off

Solar is only part of the equation - you need to be able to store, too, right? Also, aren't you still technically connected to the grid so if the grid goes down, that factors in?

i’m just going to go out and say it - id rather have people be in danger (myself included) than have them shut the power down randomly.

We’re just gonna let all the food in our fridge spoil. This makes life so hard for any families with young kids etc. I think we need a better alert system so people can get out if necessary if something happens but completely just shutting down power every time there’s weather conditions is not even close a scalable or long term solution.

I get that PgE just doing this because they’ve been blasted with all these lawsuits blaming them for everything. Now they can at least say they’re trying and be less “liable”.

Our American world continue to be more and more snowflake and litigious. We’ve become a society that caters to the 1-5% of problems instead of finding solutions that fit 95% of people.

Not only a better alert system, but PGE needs to make drastic improvements to limit another chance of a major fires caused by their equipment.

IMO, these rolling blackouts will only get worse if they don't have a long term solution.

i’m just going to go out and say it - id rather have people be in danger (myself included) than have them shut the power down randomly.

We’re just gonna let all the food in our fridge spoil. This makes life so hard for any families with young kids etc. I think we need a better alert system so people can get out if necessary if something happens but completely just shutting down power every time there’s weather conditions is not even close a scalable or long term solution.

I get that PgE just doing this because they’ve been blasted with all these lawsuits blaming them for everything. Now they can at least say they’re trying and be less “liable”.

Our American world continue to be more and more snowflake and litigious. We’ve become a society that caters to the 1-5% of problems instead of finding solutions that fit 95% of people.
Don’t want to come off rude but cmon man.

last night the Fire was 5-6 houses away from me if you ever have that feeling you will never thinkhow you arethinking now. You rather be comfortable and have people homes which they worked for to be burned away so you processed food can be safe???

Don’t want to come off rude but cmon man.

last night the Fire was 5-6 houses away from me if you ever have that feeling you will never thinkhow you arethinking now. You rather be comfortable and have people homes which they worked for to be burned away so you processed food can be safe???

I think he's just saying shutting off power for 1 million people should not be the solution here. Is PG&E just going to shut off power every time there's similar conditions? A good portion of us got lucky, with power being out for only 24 hours when they said it could be days.

Will this happen next week? Hell, will this happen again in a few days? We're being held hostage by PG&E.

I think he's just saying shutting off power for 1 million people should not be the solution here. Is PG&E just going to shut off power every time there's similar conditions? A good portion of us got lucky, with power being out for only 24 hours when they said it could be days.

Will this happen next week? Hell, will this happen again in a few days? We're being held hostage by PG&E.
yes its not the permanent solution but for thetime being its better than people being homeless

just got an alert
about a man who relied on oxygen
died 12 min after power was cut off
so much for not tryna get sued

Not only a better alert system, but PGE needs to make drastic improvements to limit another chance of a major fires caused by their equipment.

IMO, these rolling blackouts will only get worse if they don't have a long term solution.

the only long term solution is to bury the power lines which is not really feasible from a monetary standpoint not to mention the impact it would have on residents when they're doing the construction.

the only long term solution is to bury the power lines which is not really feasible from a monetary standpoint not to mention the impact it would have on residents when they're doing the construction.
I hear you, but it's deeper than just PG&E.

I think I read the funding for the state forestry to maintain and limit the chances of large forest fires have been cut. A lot of factors play a role in this and just found out some areas in SoCal had rolling blackouts too. Fortunately, I'm not in an area affected by it.

Heard bout a PG&E worker getting dumped on In Stockton LoL
Winds bad around NE bay to Davis but inner bay is fine. BS tactics that got foolios dropping bread.

Hardest earthquake I’ve felt here since Napa. I’m in Fairfield. Honestly felt harder to me.

I was on my phone with the news on but didn't feel it lol but the dogs were barking so I was distracted

Back
Top Bottom