Not Being a Father Unappreciation.

Originally Posted by lakersman2000

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

Man I wish I had that problem. I dislike children and have three under a year old. Wish I had that single life back

eek.gif

please tell me they are triplets

. ten month old twins and a two week old. Kids are overrated. Love my kids but don't like them.
nerd.gif
 same woman?

If so you just kept the oven on and threw another Red Baron in
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

eek.gif

please tell me they are triplets

. ten month old twins and a two week old. Kids are overrated. Love my kids but don't like them.
nerd.gif
 same woman?

If so you just kept the oven on and threw another Red Baron in
laugh.gif

Yup same girl. Mos def my life feels hijacked.

I was just having this conversation over the weekend with a friend. I turned 30 last month and although I want kids more than anything I have never been in a relationship with anyone I would want to raise a child with. It's still depressing as hell though. In high school I always thought by this age I'd have 2 kids and that ideal life by now. In time I guess...

DoubleJs07 wrote:

Do you have kids? 

You got a deadbeat mentality, or that of someone who has been scarred from something in their youth. 

Nope.  However I have dated females with kids and have been with several JO's with kids.  The girl I am seeing now has a 3 year and everyday I am thankful that the kid isn't mine.  Seeing her for 1 or 2 days a week is plenty! 
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
 at deadbeat mentality... you got that from my 2 paragraphs?  FYI I helped raised my nephews from birth to about 10 years old so I know damn well I make a great father.  Plus kids love me...  I am that Uncle that always gives em the big presents and money!  

You're only 2 months in so it's all new for you.  Just wait until those 'cute' spontaneous moments get old and turned into an everyday... whatever just the shut the hell up when I am trying to watch the Laker game moments!  
roll.gif

May be a blanket statement but you have to appreciate the brutal honesty.

I already know who I'm going to get my Johnny Appleseed on but she isn't ready, and I'm not either. Not sweating it though, we're on the same page, just diffrent books right now.

everyone in this thread is right.

It does make me LOL when 20 yr old dudes talmbout "ima wait til im 33 1/4 to have kids, have a job making 100k, after i've traveled the world 12 times and gained as much knowledge as the highlander after the quickining"

Really, if you don't want kids, don't have kids (or unprotected sex with someone you don't want to spend the rest of your life with). There's literally no such thing as the right time to have kids. That's why you see all these 38 yr old dropping tons 10's of thousands on in vitro fertilization, you can't put mother nature on hold while you do your thing or working 60 hrs a week.

My daughter was unplanned (how a woman can graduate lawschool and not properly use birth control is a question i've asked myself on a few occasions), but her mother (aka my wife) was someone i knew i was ultra compatible, and who i saw myself with for the long haul. When she got preggers, i was 25, unemployed, living in my buddies basement apt (pretty much just like the movie knocked up). But kids are an amazing motivator, if for the simple facts that they give you a reason to be out, and an excuse to be in.

real life...

I jus found out I might be a father myself about n hr ago...

feels... overwhelming

sick.excited.scared. :/

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

DoubleJs07 wrote:

Do you have kids? 

You got a deadbeat mentality, or that of someone who has been scarred from something in their youth. 

Nope.  However I have dated females with kids and have been with several JO's with kids.  The girl I am seeing now has a 3 year and everyday I am thankful that the kid isn't mine.  Seeing her for 1 or 2 days a week is plenty! 
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
 at deadbeat mentality... you got that from my 2 paragraphs?  FYI I helped raised my nephews from birth to about 10 years old so I know damn well I make a great father.  Plus kids love me...  I am that Uncle that always gives em the big presents and money!  

You're only 2 months in so it's all new for you.  Just wait until those 'cute' spontaneous moments get old and turned into an everyday... whatever just the shut the hell up when I am trying to watch the Laker game moments!  
roll.gif

agreed.... I go through that almost daily. I need some me time. I tell em I don't bug you when you sleeping-don't bug. Me . Hell ill be honest I'm not a very caring father . I'm constantly annoyed . It is what it is. Don't rush or be stressed to have kids they aren't that great.

^ lakersman got it right. I do visit my kids 5 or 6 times a year not including their birthdays, father's day & Christmas. Seeing them is fun but they always try to guilt me into staying a lil longer or coming by more often by saying "Daddy, can you take me on a fieldtrip next week?" or "Daddy next week I'm in the school play."

I think a lot of people feel like Lakers but it isn't politically correct to admit it. I know a lot of people that regret having their kids but refuse to admit it because it looks as if you are ungrateful considering childbirth is a gift that everyone can't experience. It must be hell raising kids man. I salute anyone that does it. I value my sleep too much honestly to want to deal with them at this point in my life.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

and OP, da more sucessful you become, that "zero kids" starts to look like a big diamond on your forehead as far as women are concerned....they'll wanna snatch you wanna your pants asap.

remember, childless men become a RARE commodity, especially those who on da right track.
This.
I'm not trying to get married/have kids till im in my 30's...I'll be accomplished, more financially secure, more emotionally mature, smarter etc.  I'll be able to scoop up a younger wife, chill out.  Life gets boring in your 40's and 50's...wouldn't you rather have a kid then so you have something to consume your time with?

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

OP, you really wanna wake up 4 A.M. to hear a whining baby? Plus, who knows if you and the baby's mother are gonna stay together forever.
I'm 22, and I am waitin' till' 35+ for marriage and children. I feel as though by that age, I'll be financially stable with my career on the way and I'll be mature enough to rasie a child with my soulmate and spouse.

I have many years to find that soulmate and spouse. I can have fun without having to worry about who's gonna babysit my child, so I can go out wit' the fellas for the night. Don't have to worry about the government taking out money from my paychecks because of child support.

That's too much headache.
35+?...What are you going to be doing for the next 13+ years???

Your career should be stable by 24-30 unless you're unsure of what you want to do in life...

stacking bread and getting yambs...
Yessir.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I think a lot of people feel like Lakers but it isn't politically correct to admit it. I know a lot of people that regret having their kids but refuse to admit it because it looks as if you are ungrateful considering childbirth is a gift that everyone can't experience. It must be hell raising kids man. I salute anyone that does it. I value my sleep too much honestly to want to deal with them at this point in my life.

so i guess ur parents regret having u then 

It does make me LOL when 20 yr old dudes talmbout "ima wait til im 33 1/4 to have kids, have a job making 100k, after i've traveled the world 12 times and gained as much knowledge as the highlander after the quickining"

Really, if you don't want kids, don't have kids (or unprotected sex with someone you don't want to spend the rest of your life with). There's literally no such thing as the right time to have kids. That's why you see all these 38 yr old dropping tons 10's of thousands on in vitro fertilization, you can't put mother nature on hold while you do your thing or working 60 hrs a week.

Speak for yourself famo...
laugh.gif

Goal was to always have kids when I'm in my 30's about to hit that mark in a month (
frown.gif
), no kids yet (knocks on wood), nearing that six figure mark and pick up and go as I please (
smokin.gif
).

There is a "right time" to have kids, and it differs from person to person.  If your kid set your life straight, then I guess it was the right time for you but what if your life is already straight?  What 38 year old male is paying for artificial insemination?

If anything, having a kid later down the road will keep you focused on living a healthy lifestyle.  Life slows down in your mid to late 30's, don't want to have kids while I'm still in the fast lane, that "baby on board" decal blocking my rear view.  No thanks.

All I know, is looking back at my 20's now that they are almost over, I can say that I am glad I didn't have kids because all my friends that had kids didn't do half the things I'm still doing.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

sick.gif
 at the thought of all the questions DC mustve asked his parents while lil homie was coming up.

Why you have to resort to name calling? DC makes a valid point, and you have to make a snide comment.
I agree wholeheartedly w/ DC. I know my parents must of regretted having me at times, and many other people may regret having their kids or may have regretted having their children. Although it's not PC, it's foolish to say no one wishes they may not have had children. 

Originally Posted by Regis

sick.gif
 at the thought of all the questions DC mustve asked his parents while lil homie was coming up.

laugh.gif

As a father, I say SLOW DOWN! to all of you!!!!

You will have your time...yall in here talking like your clock is ticking.

You better enjoy the time you have to yourself..and you damn sure better not rush it and end up with the wrong chick for 18 yrs

Back
Top Bottom