Not getting the grade you thought vol. college is a +%!!!

So I was taking this joke class for my science credit. I hear from everyone how easy it is and how she curves and all that good stuff, so I don't take itthat serious and still expect a A (B at worst).

Anyway I check my grades today and see that I got a C, this is probably what I deserved, but when everyone, even your TA tells you how the prof. will curve thegrades and that the class is an easy A you don't expect a C
mad.gif

Just thought I would share my experience...

If you got a C, obviously your grades were in the low-70s range. You expect a B, at worst, with those grades?

Yeah, that sucks. You would have probably got a better grade if you never heard the hearsay on the professor.

All that talk most likely laxed you and how you approached the work in the class.

I'm still waiting for my grades to be posted online
smh.gif

They were supposed to be posted days ago.

that happend to me too this semester except flip-flopped i expected a C at best in my composition 2 class i ended up gettin a B
pimp.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

If you got a C, obviously your grades were in the low-70s range. You expect a B, at worst, with those grades?

I expected a B because I thought even if I had a C average she was curve up to a B. I actually had a 77% I really can't believe she didn't justboost me to a B.
If it wasn't for all the heresay, my grade would have been MUCH better. Lesson learned.
ohwell.gif

I went from a A at midterm to a D, but he said it should have been a C and will change it but I wanted a B. Def did a double take and almost killed him.

Originally Posted by apwrxmd

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

I expected a B because I thought even if I had a C average she was curve up to a B. I actually had a 77% I really can't believe she didn't just boost me to a B.
If it wasn't for all the heresay, my grade would have been MUCH better. Lesson learned.
ohwell.gif
Why didn't you just try harder? You got the grade you deserved....

You can really avoid this by just talking to your professor during the semester.

If they know your name and face (for good reasons), they'll probably recognize that you at least tried in the class, and perhaps adjust your grade as theysee fit.

It's not brown-nosing, just making a good impression.

I've got 3 A's and a High B right now, and I think the B might get bumped up because of my use of this tactic.

Man I busted my a in my science class. I guess it was to little to late. I got a "D" I need a 650 to get a "C" and had a 642. The kicker isthis all hinged on the final which we took last week. The last two tests were graded inconsisteintly so each time I went back and got 23 extra pts and then 46extra points after I had him regrade my tests. So I ask him to re look at the final because I know there is atleast 8 pts in there that he missed, but he justemails me back and says "All grades are final" His T.A's mess up on grading homeworks and tests all the time so I don't see why hewouldn't atleast look over it to give me that piece of mind that I really did get a "D" I gotta take this class again and I will bet I get an Anext time. Oh and this class kept me from getting a 3.0 this semester...bastard

Originally Posted by bboy1827

Man I busted my a in my science class. I guess it was to little to late. I got a "D" I need a 650 to get a "C" and had a 642. The kicker is this all hinged on the final which we took last week. The last two tests were graded inconsisteintly so each time I went back and got 23 extra pts and then 46 extra points after I had him regrade my tests. So I ask him to re look at the final because I know there is atleast 8 pts in there that he missed, but he just emails me back and says "All grades are final" His T.A's mess up on grading homeworks and tests all the time so I don't see why he wouldn't atleast look over it to give me that piece of mind that I really did get a "D" I gotta take this class again and I will bet I get an A next time. Oh and this class kept me from getting a 3.0 this semester...bastard

a7735113e45c88471c301bd4d4632bbc2980ffe.pjpg

I just got done taking an intro to music class as part of my core stuff from this lady that barely spoke english, and after the final I was sure I got a C, andI checked today....B+
pimp.gif

I was damn sure expecting a D for my Business and Technical Writing class. Professor was freakin' crazy..
smh.gif

But turns out I got a B
pimp.gif

Got a D on my paper for a Biology class because I went a full page and a quarter. Stupid Prof. wanted a full page.
smh.gif

i got a C in my physics lab. i email the TA to see what went wrong (the TA was the only one who taught the class, the professor never showed up once) and shesays i have to email the professor. i'm convinced she either misgraded or lost one of my lab reports, but she wants me to email the professor, whodidn't have a damn thing to do with the class. oh well, at least it's only 1 credit...

I actually had a 77% I really can't believe she didn't just boost me to a B.
Haha...no way you deserve to be upped to a B when you are 3 whole percentage points away...if u had at 79.5,then yea, but for a 77??? Hell no.

im quite the opposite right now ... thought i was getting an F and managed somehow to get a C- ... ill take that with a coke and a smile

Damn, yall have a 10 point grading scale?
Virginia beach is a 6 point scale,
A:94-100, B:86-93,C:78-85,D:70-77, E:69-0

Back
Top Bottom