January Wrestling Thread/NTWT Jobber Of The Week D Fly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished Cody's promo..It was good..Nothing special..Of course he talked about his dad..Again..Of course he talked about being management..Again..Of course he talked about AEW being "all inclusive"..Again..Of course he got choked up when talking about his family..Again..Kinda took a shot at Y2KKK's age (which is confusing considering it was partly his idea to put the title on a senior citizen)..Used some "adult language" in an attempt to be edgy ala Punk..It was a good promo for Cody..Wasn't on the level of anything Jericho, Roman, KO, Miz, Sami, or Cena does on any random episode of WWE tv..

1 thing i enjoyed in the Cody promo was the very beginning with Schiovanne.

It gave those old WCW interview vibes.

Enjoyed the promo, alot of emotion. Cody's best work IMO.

HOWEVER, it's not even close to being on Hard Times level.

I agree with this

Great, emotional promo, but doesn't stack up to his father's best work

Imagine acting like WWE is the ONLY promotion that matters FOR YEARS and then crying foul when their failures get more attention than "the minor leagues"

More than a decade of mediocrity to pure garbage when there’s multiple viable alternatives now, even within the WWE itself :lol:

Just finished Cody's promo..It was good..Nothing special..Of course he talked about his dad..Again..Of course he talked about being management..Again..Of course he talked about AEW being "all inclusive"..Again..Of course he got choked up when talking about his family..Again..Kinda took a shot at Y2KKK's age (which is confusing considering it was partly his idea to put the title on a senior citizen)..Used some "adult language" in an attempt to be edgy ala Punk..It was a good promo for Cody..Wasn't on the level of anything Jericho, Roman, KO, Miz, Sami, or Cena does on any random episode of WWE tv..
You really do hate Cody ish is comical at this point lol

t1ko0bx80ax31.jpg
Torrie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Trish

You really do hate Cody ish is comical at this point lol

No I don't..That's whats funny to me..He left WWE to do something different and get freedom, which I respect so much..But he hasn't changed 1 bit..He has the same matches..He cuts the same kind of promos..He has the same kind of character..Cody, overall, is a B- wrestler..He'll never be a draw..He'll never be a legend on the mic..His matches will never go down in history..Only difference between Cody now and Cody 5 yrs ago is that he's hopped on the YB's coat tails and rode it to be an EVP of AEW..Convince me anything I said is wrong..

He has the same matches..He cuts the same kind of promos..He has the same kind of character..Cody, overall, is a B- wrestler..He'll never be a draw..He'll never be a legend on the mic..

How would you grade Goldust/Dustin Rhodes overall, compared to Cody's B-?

Case Case

No I don't..That's whats funny to me..He left WWE to do something different and get freedom, which I respect so much..But he hasn't changed 1 bit..He has the same matches..He cuts the same kind of promos..He has the same kind of character..Cody, overall, is a B- wrestler..He'll never be a draw..He'll never be a legend on the mic..His matches will never go down in history..Only difference between Cody now and Cody 5 yrs ago is that he's hopped on the YB's coat tails and rode it to be an EVP of AEW..Convince me anything I said is wrong..
Not gonna try your hate for Cody is well documented in here and nothing I'll say will convince or change your stance on him. I just don't agree he's the same WWE guy y'all like to portray he is.

Yeah, I've said several times that I respect Cody for taking a chance on himself breaking away from WWE and kudos for the success he's had since then but I don't give two ****s about his in-ring work.

His match with Dustin was GOODT! but more often than not the highlight of a Cody Rhodes match is Brandi being ringside.

And if we gonna say Codys the same WWE Cody then you could say the same thing about AJ he was doing the same ish in tna as he been doin in WWE . Just grew a beard and got a ab tat.

Dashing Cody Rhodes was entertaining.

Was not a fan of his when he was in Legacy. I thought Ted Jr was going to be the star of the 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom