January Wrestling Thread/NTWT Jobber Of The Week D Fly

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of your top 5 belts only have 2 colors?

Legit question
Undisputed WWE title and the world heavyweight title are my 2 favorites. My other 3 are the Winged Eagle, UK Title, and the black intercontinental title. When I say they should be black and gold, I mean that as the main colors which all those titles do

AJ.jpg
That belt fit AJ so well. I think Ric Flair wore it best though. It just fit him like "Big Goldie" fit Batista.
1574017048609.png

Undisputed WWE title and the world heavyweight title are my 2 favorites. My other 3 are the Winged Eagle, UK Title, and the black intercontinental title. When I say they should be black and gold, I mean that as the main colors which all those titles do
intercontinental title from the 00's or the classic one?

Since modern venues are in the saving space business and aren't really "stacked" the way building of yesteryear were, rarely do you see this level of physical anticipation for dives in Modern wrestling. (Other than fans already "seeing it all.")

I used to love watching old shows and see the fans all stand up to see what was about to happen.

#Legend

giphy.gif

So what were your thoughts on The Ultimate Warrior having different colored Straps during his Intercontinental Title run(s)?

Not sure how old you are to remember those.

I think color straps should only be done for certain characters. Just speaking HW and secondary belts. Black/white straps maybe red depending the significance of it, IE north American.

That universal and the womens both need to be changed IMO. There are 4 belts that look the same with color swaps. They are awful. Very lazy.

So what were your thoughts on The Ultimate Warrior having different colored Straps during his Intercontinental Title run(s)?

Not sure how old you are to remember those.
Not a huge fan, but it fit his character because he was very colorful. With secondary titles colored straps are fine like the NA title. I just think world titles should mainly be black and gold because it looks the most prestigious.

Not a huge fan, but it fit his character because he was very colorful. With secondary titles colored straps are fine like the NA title. I just think world titles should mainly be black and gold because it looks the most prestigious.

What are your thoughts on Ultimate Warrior in regards to his place in wrestling histories?

I think he was important in making the IC title prestigious. Influential character, but bad worker and wasnt the best person.

Why do you think he was a bad worker?

Considering what he was asked/demanded to do, in ring, doyou think he excelled at THAT role?

I view it the same way I view Goldberg, sure he isn't a technical wizard but he carried out HIS task 9/10 times

Why do you think he was a bad worker?

Considering what he was asked/demanded to do, in ring, doyou think he excelled at THAT role?

I view it the same way I view Goldberg, sure he isn't a technical wizard but he carried out HIS task 9/10 times
That’s a good comparison when you put it like that. He was good in his role for the time and maybe didn’t need an extensive moveset. The splash was a dumb finisher like Hogan’s leg drop :lol:

That’s a good comparison when you put it like that. He was good in his role for the time and maybe didn’t need an extensive moveset. The splash was a dumb finisher like Hogan’s leg drop :lol:
In 1990 both the Gorilla Press/Splash and the Leg Drop were elite moves and got the fans going crazy.

Sure, in 2019 visions, they are weak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom