Now that Manny got, got....who is the GREATEST hitter of our generation...with no *

depends what you mean by "our generation" but there are some true all time greats who are currently clean: Griffey, Pujols, Gwynn, I think you canmake the case for any of those as the best.

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Sad part is this guy doesn't even NEED to violate the drug policies, he is a great player/hitter regardless.
I heard people say this about Arod, and am hearing it today about Manny. Few people other than us Giants fans have ever made that statement about Barry. Thats just funny to me. Most fans are such hypocrites.

You'd expect no name players to use PED's but guys like A-Rod, Bonds, Manny?

Its mind boggling to me, they are already great players....problem is when you're at that level you want to be greedy and become invincible.
tired.gif

Pujols took something at some point...I don't care.

Dude is beyond jacked. He was always first on my list of potential users. Look at dudes neck.

Gotta go with "The Natural".

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Pujols took something at some point...I don't care.

Dude is beyond jacked. He was always first on my list.

Gotta go with "The Natural".
Pujols isn't beyond jacked
laugh.gif
. I am not saying he hasnever taken anything, but you're dead wrong about being jacked my man.

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Sad part is this guy doesn't even NEED to violate the drug policies, he is a great player/hitter regardless.
I heard people say this about Arod, and am hearing it today about Manny. Few people other than us Giants fans have ever made that statement about Barry. Thats just funny to me. Most fans are such hypocrites.
Really, many baseball fans I talk to about Bonds, say that about him.

Barry Bonds was having a HOF career before 1998, the year he allegedly started taking Steroids/HGH. Before he grew twice his size, Bonds was a great OF'erand a solid hitter. Whoever say's otherwise, is an idiot and doesn't know what they are talking about.

i might get some hate for this, but i'm gonna say jeter, since his first full season, no player has as many hits as him since that season, and the guyswho's in second is behind him by 150+ hits in that time. also, in every season he's played 145+ games he has 175+ hits. sure he lacks power but 200dingers isn't to shabby for a non power hittin shortstop

Depends on which years you are talking about. 90s- Junior & Tony. 2000 >, Pujols

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Albert Pujols, now and then...Juiced?[/h3]
Newsday carries a piece on the Albert Pujols story. Did he or didn't he (juice with steroids)?

In the meantime, Albert Pujols - considered the best player in baseball who hasn't been linked to steroids - denied ever using steroids or PEDs in an article in last week's SI.Color me cynical, but I'm not ready to call him Mr. Clean. I'm not saying he's drugged up, not by any means, but we've been burned so many times by athletes that we are trained to scoff at their denials. Sad, but true: when someone denies, I shrug and move on.

What else is there to do?

Look at the cover of a recent Sports Illustrated. Compare with a cover of Muscle and Fitness a few years ago. Are people decelerating their muscle and fitness or is there another reason Pujos appears so svelte? Dramatic change.

6a00d8341c61ab53ef0111690069ce970c-pi
6a00d8341c61ab53ef011279749eb628a4-pi

Maybe its a case of PS'ing but dudes neck is pitbullesque and I don't trust anyone in the MLB anymore.

Bonds was probably top 5 player all time before steroids.

They say bonds did it because of his all century team snub.

Big Hurt was the only player to speak with Mitchell and offered to do whatever MLB wanted. He also has been pretty vocal in putting his name out there againstPEDs. I would trust he didnt do anything over most "stars."

That's not to say he didnt use.

The thing that I love about all these cheaters vs. non cheaters is that not one of these clean players stood up to their union, called for testing, called forthings to change because juiced players were stealing big contracts, records, and public recognition. And the game itself was being cheated.

These dudes can have each other and can have their heat they will likely get for the rest of their lives.

[h3][/h3]
Newsday carries a piece on the Albert Pujols story. Did he or didn't he (juice with steroids)?

In the meantime, Albert Pujols - considered the best player in baseball who hasn't been linked to steroids - denied ever using steroids or PEDs in an article in last week's SI.Color me cynical, but I'm not ready to call him Mr. Clean. I'm not saying he's drugged up, not by any means, but we've been burned so many times by athletes that we are trained to scoff at their denials. Sad, but true: when someone denies, I shrug and move on.

Look at the cover of a recent Sports Illustrated. Compare with a cover of Muscle and Fitness a few years ago. Are people decelerating their muscle and fitness or is there another reason Pujos appears so svelte? Dramatic change.

Maybe its a case of PS'ing but dudes neck is pitbullesque and I don't trust anyone in the MLB anymore.

Flexing on an air brushed mucle and fitness cover =/= relaxed on sports illustrated.
laugh.gif

[h3][/h3]

That Muscle in Fitness Magazine cover looks
laugh.gif

This is Albert in 2005

wallpaper_pujols_1024x768.jpg

Compared to that recent S.I. cover, it appears he looks exactly the same. Who knows for sure though, all of us fans have been duped over and over again.

y do people look at pictures from 5 years ago and post them with current ones like that proves they taken steriods?

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

I honestly don't believe Pujols did anything or Frank.

If people are going to point the finger at Manny, Bonds, and A-Rod for their physiques in comparison to how they broke into MLB, then how could you NOT question Frank Thomas? I'm not saying he did anything, but just playing Devil's Advocate....

KB8sandiego...I see u w. that Gwynn pic
pimp.gif
Can't say I disagree...
That's my point Frank has been huge he hasn't gained a massive amount of muscle or anything like that, not to mention he was the only when saying #*%# out steriods when it was going on and one of the few who would talk to Mitchell.

Also **** with that Tony Gwynn nonsense
laugh.gif

So only fat people can be the best hitters?
roll.gif
Oh, you have something against fat people?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom