Now that Michael Beasley's rookie year is officially over, has your opinion changed on him....

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Here's a quote from one of his closest friends from the game thread yesterday....
Offense just comes so easily for my son...he better put work in the summer but I know he probably won't
That worries me, and that's the kind of thing that made me think he wouldn't be as good as people thought. Rose showed the killer instinct right off the bat, Beasley didn't. Can he? Probably, but still gotta wait and see.

I still think Blake's going to be better.
nerd.gif

different situations.
rose was drafted, and the only player on the team better was ben gordon. a very good player
beasley was drafted and was put next to d wade. top 5 in the league

Originally Posted by Pretty Toney

Here's a quote from one of his closest friends from the game thread yesterday....
Offense just comes so easily for my son...he better put work in the summer but I know he probably won't

laugh.gif

I mean it is what it is...

I've been saying it since HS and I'll say it now...as far as talent/potential goes...the only one in this class even on par with him is D-Rose. As shown...even in "limited" minutes this season...he's as offensively gifted as most players in the entire league. To be 6'8/6-9 and arguably be the best shooter in the class (only Mayo is in discussion) says a whole lot. We thought he couldn't post coming into the L because they said he was too small...but even this series vs the Hawks (Game 6)...shows that he can still EAT in the post when he wants to.

Talent isn't what's holding Mike back...it's Mike. It's always been like that...and it probably always will be. I argued over Kevin until I was blue in the face 2 years ago when everyone here was calling him a chucker, never will be a franchise player, poor mans Rashard Lewis, etc...and I kept saying "just wait and see"...and in year 2 some people are already starting to wonder if he's top 10 in the league. I would love to make that same prediction for Mike because he's CAPABLE of doing so...I just know that he won't because there's something OFF with his mentality and always has been.

nice insight. good +*+*.

Maybe it will take some subpar seasons/less mins./eventually not the contract he was looking for in order realize he has to work to be great.

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

That worries me, and that's the kind of thing that made me think he wouldn't be as good as people thought. Rose showed the killer instinct right off the bat, Beasley didn't. Can he? Probably, but still gotta wait and see.

nerd.gif
different situations.
rose was drafted, and the only player on the team better was ben gordon. a very good player

I don't agree w. that....if you put Rose on the Heat and Beas on the Bulls, you'd get the same results out of the both of them.

Look at this quote from PT

Talent isn't what's holding Mike back...it's Mike.

The kid is scary-talented....but even his own people KNOW that he's not going to be putting in the work to take his game to the next level. He'sstrictly going thru the motions and getting 13/6 per night....if his desire ever catches up to his skill-set, he's going to be a top 5-10 player in theL....however, if you can't even get your own dudes to co-sign you, then what does that say?

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

nerd.gif
different situations.
I don't agree w. that....if you put Rose on the Heat and Beas on the Bulls, you'd get the same results out of the both of them.

Look at this quote from PT
Talent isn't what's holding Mike back...it's Mike.
The kid is scary-talented....but even his own people KNOW that he's not going to be putting in the work to take his game to the next level. He's strictly going thru the motions and getting 13/6 per night....if his desire ever catches up to his skill-set, he's going to be a top 5-10 player in the L....however, if you can't even get your own dudes to co-sign you, then what does that say?

Yeah, I mean he has a lot of work to do, but being put in a situation has nothing to do with it. Honestly, I'm more impressed with his rookieteammate than I am with Beasley, he just doesn't seem to have the DRIVE yet. His stats look nice, but when I watch him play, I'm just not TERRIBLYimpressed. At best, Shawn Marion IMO...

Mike at age 12 was a better shooter than Shawn Marion is right now...not sure where that comparison is coming from.

Mike at age 12 was a better shooter than Shawn Marion is right now...not sure where that comparison is coming from.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

beasley will be fine tho

20/10 kind of guy who flies under the radar. I think Beasley can turn into a decent defender as well if he puts in the work, thus the Marioncomparison.

Shooting, not so much.

If Beas puts in the work to be a above average-decent defender he will be MILES ahead of Shawn Marion.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

I still think hes gonna be great

He's 20 years and his offensive skill set is one of the most impressive I have seen for someone his age. If he matures mentally over these next coupleyears he will dominate this league.

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Nope.

His defensive is still terrible.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Hes 1 year in... "Still terrible" would be the right statement for a guy like Steve Nash.

Originally Posted by dreClark

If Beas puts in the work to be a above average-decent defender he will be MILES ahead of Shawn Marion.
I know he may not be much now, but there was a time when Marion was a debatable top 15 player in the League, I don't know why yall are sayingit like dude was an average role player. Back in early 2000's, dude was a BEAST.

I know he may not be much now, but there was a time when Marion was a debatable top 15 player in the League, I don't know why yall are saying it like dude was an average role player. Back in early 2000's, dude was a BEAST.
I know what he was.

And top 15 in the League? Really?

Eh, I'm in pretty much the same boat as everyone else...

The talent and ability are there, but God knows whether or not he'll work hard enough to ever fulfill the potential... Those questions weren't answeredthis year, but it certainly didn't help his own coach didn't think he was dedicated enough or put enough effort out defensively to play major minuteson a team that really wasn't very good...

We'll see... Too early to tell...

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Nope.

His defensive is still terrible.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Hes 1 year in... "Still terrible" would be the right statement for a guy like Steve Nash.

True.

His ability to switch is so bad. I mean, that is type of stuff you learn in Rec ball at 13 years old. Granted there are alot of NBA players who still cantswitch.

He cant guard nobody on the perimeter, he's too slow, so he better get his @#*# together.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Shawn Marion?

Debatable top 15 player in the league? When? Post his best statistical season....

Wow, I mean... Wow....Shawn Marion?

I think Antawn Jamison is a fair comparison. Both get buckets easily and rebound at a decent rate (Beasley improved as the season went on). Both players'defense need work however
laugh.gif

I know he may not be much now, but there was a time when Marion was a debatable top 15 player in the League, I don't know why yall are saying it like dude was an average role player. Back in early 2000's, dude was a BEAST.
I know what he was.

And top 15 in the League? Really?
http://www.realgm.com/src...s&filter=&value=

21/10 and a really good defender.

Offensive beast but a defensive liability. So not really. D-Rose was def the right choice as first overall.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Offensive beast but a defensive liability. So not really. D-Rose was def the right choice as first overall.
Clearly you're not referring to D-Rose as some sort of defensive stalwart are you?

Back
Top Bottom