Now that Michael Beasley's rookie year is officially over, has your opinion changed on him....

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Offensive beast but a defensive liability. So not really. D-Rose was def the right choice as first overall.
Clearly you're not referring to D-Rose as some sort of defensive stalwart are you?
Derick Rose gives up 113 point per 100 possessions, thats good for second worst on his team. Ben Gordon who is considered bymost to be a poor defender gives up 112 points per 100 possessions.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Offensive beast but a defensive liability. So not really. D-Rose was def the right choice as first overall.
This is what I will never understand.... Did you see DRose get torched by Rondo ALL series? I mean damn, hes been getting KILLED by Pgs ALL seasonbut he gets a pass because of what? Even Javarious killed him earlier this year but I guess that doesnt matter either..

all depending on his work ethic..he needs to improve it, especially this off-season.

if he can improve on his game he's gonna be something to watch for.

Originally Posted by Executive76

^
laugh.gif
it's more obvious with a SF
I think it's more obvious when a PG who's not really a scorer avg's damn near 10 pt's OVER his regular season avg against you.

If you're gonna keep it 100, lets do that. If you gon' %%@@ on Beas for not playing D, %%@@ on Rose for getting Flambe'd like he did.....
Derick Rose gives up 113 point per 100 possessions, thats good for second worst on his team. Ben Gordon who is considered by most to be a poor defender gives up 112 points per 100 possessions.
ohwell.gif

All *$%#*++ year.

[h3][size=-1]On Court / Off Court stats[/size][/h3][size=-1]Many stats are shown on a 'per 48 minute'basis
[/size]
[table][tr][td]
[size=-1]Stat[/size]
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]ON Court[/size]
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]OFF Court[/size]
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]Net[/size]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[size=-1]Defense: Pts per 100 Poss.[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]111.7[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]103.8[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]+7.8[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[size=-1]Effective FG%[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]49.3%[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]49.2%[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]+0.1%[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[size=-1]Effective FG% Allowed[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]50.1%[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]46.8%[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]+3.3%[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][/table]

The Bulls defensive efficiency improves by a full 7 points when he is off the court.
eek.gif
laugh.gif

I didn't realize Rose was this bad defensively.

Certain players get picked on...or put in the spotlight for certain tendencies that a wide variety of players are guilty of...all it takes is oneanalyst/coach/scout to say it and it becomes popular opinion. Like we hear all day every day about how Nash/Beasley/Dirk/whoever can't play defense butnobody will say anything about Rose/Lebron (prior to this year)/whoever when they aren't/weren't solid defenders themselves. It's all aboutperception + reputation. Because we know Mike is lazy and doesn't work as hard as he should...the fact that he's a poor defender get's put in thespotlight. We know Derrick Rose to be this "hard working, tough city kid" with a strong build so it gets swept under the rug when somebody like RajonRondo who couldn't throw a rock in the ocean averages a triple double on him...or the countless other times he's been picked on and isolated on D thisseason. We see Nash as this International (Strike One), White (Strike Two), and non-athletic by todays protypical standard (Strike 3) and it's more evidentwhen he gets abused on D. When somebody like Chris Paul or Allen Iverson gets picked on because of their size...we make nothing of it because we know them astough...gritty "get after it" players and we look at their steals statistics which is made up mostly of them just being ball hawks in the passinglanes. We don't say anything when they get posted up every night by bigger guards. I didn't hear a single thing this post season about how Chauncey ATECP alive. Had that been Nash...we wouldn't have heard the end of it.

Even Javarious killed him earlier this year but I guess that doesnt matter either..
I was at the game...homie was clearing it out telling screeners to move because he ain't need it
laugh.gif

Take it from someone who watched EVERY heat game this season.

Beasley's talent and upside is amazing. His jumper is butter. What turns

me off about the dude is the intangibles. Does he have the Killer instinct to take this

summer and work on his game. I mean it must be hard when all your life everyone is

sucking you off and telling you how great you are, but one moment yesterday summed up

beasley. With about 2 mins left, heat getting blown out and beas constantly getting beat by Josh

Smith, he was sitting on the bench joking and laughing. i just shook my head.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Executive76

^
laugh.gif
it's more obvious with a SF
I think it's more obvious when a PG who's not really a scorer avg's damn near 10 pt's OVER his regular season avg against you.

If you're gonna keep it 100, lets do that. If you gon' %%@@ on Beas for not playing D, %%@@ on Rose for getting Flambe'd like he did.....
Derick Rose gives up 113 point per 100 possessions, thats good for second worst on his team. Ben Gordon who is considered by most to be a poor defender gives up 112 points per 100 possessions.
ohwell.gif
All *$%#*++ year.

When I say obvious I mean to a regular person just watching them play

I still see him in the same light...he's gonna be a savage. A more athletic Jamison with a better outside game.

People fail to realize that he's @@*++$% 20 years old. It takes time to adjust. He's gotta really learn his role/position at the NBA level. His defenseand him settling for jumpers will change and improve with time.

Even with that said, he's already better than most give him credit for.

I think he'll be damn near unguardable in 2 years.

Is D.Roses D this bad? I mean with ON COURT/OFF COURT stuff teammates still effect the numbers but it's not like Kirk Heinrich is a defensive stall worth.

A funny thing about Heinrich the offense is more efficient and the defense is better when he is at the point, In fact the most offensively efficient 5 man unitis Kirk, Gordon, Salmons, Tim Thomas, and Brad Miller.
ohwell.gif

Kirk seems to be a little underrated, but that can happen when you get over paid.

Back on topic though Beasley is as talented as anyone in the draft and his success will be determined by the type of coach he has and whether he ever snaps outof his general laziness. Splostra seems to be a good fit, not letting him get away with *%#%+*@+.

# 1 why so much hate for shawn marion? NO OTHER PLAYER in the NBA could average as many rebounds per game as marion @ 6'7"....none

in his prime marion could get 100 blocks, steals and possibly 3's in the same season....

# 2 beasley will be fine. whatever criticism's you have for beasley, you can make the same case for d. rose.

i also think people are forgetting beasley probably always played the 4/5 until this season. its a huge adjustment from guarding post players to having toguard 3's in the NBA.

i wonder if people are looking too much into demeanor on the court. d rose also stays w/ the same expression less face too.

Everyone in this post will agree with this:

We can guarantee that D Rose will work his #%% off this offseason
Due to Beasleys laidback attititude, most of us have our doubts about his wanting to do the same.

Until he shows me some competitive fire, my opinion won't change - no matter how talented he is.

if dude starts 82 games next season he will have 20 and 10 and be a borderline all star ... all the heat need is one more piece and they will be legitimatecontenders in the east ... they need to get lucky in the draft

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

if dude starts 82 games next season he will have 20 and 10 and be a borderline all star ... all the heat need is one more piece and they will be legitimate contenders in the east ... they need to get lucky in the draft
Nah, they're not one piece from the Cavaliers, Lakers, or a healthy Celtics team...

They're obviously closer if Beasley progresses quickly and lives up to what they should be, but I don't think they're one player away from thatlevel...

Originally Posted by solesavage

Beasley doesnt have that beast attitude that will take him to the next level. He lacks intensity, like he doesnt care.
this is what i was thinking
if he changes that, watch out.

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

# 1 why so much hate for shawn marion? NO OTHER PLAYER in the NBA could average as many rebounds per game as marion @ 6'7"....none
laugh.gif
ever heard of wade?

as a heat fan.... i think that beasley makes his offense look so easy... thats why i think people complain about his effort i cant complain... im happy withwhat he brought to the team.... chalmers is who suprised me... with chalmers, wade, cook, beasley as our core guys for the team... im good...

Let me weigh in here, because I believe I've been one of the few to see the majority of heat games this year.

To put it simply, dude is as gifted an offensive player as I have ever seen. It just looks so effortless, when he is scoring sometimes.

I don't know his work ethic or how he is mentally, so I can't comment on that. However, as the season went on, when he was given consistentminutes he was an absolute beast. When he took his time on offense and not rush he did well. When he committed to crashing the boards he did it verywell. He did have some mental lapses at times, a few turnovers here or there, some bad help side defense, but nothing IMO, to attest to why he should not havebeen playing more. He is a rookie and I am of the camp to believe you play your rookies, especially the # 2 pick, because he will only get better with realplaying time experience. Not by sitting during critical moments in the game.

Next year will be huge for Beasley's career as a Miami Heat player. If he doesn't take it serious this summer and get better at the things he doeslack, I don't see Riley hesitating about unloading him for another proven player. Just my opinion.

So what position will Beasley be playing full-time? I know he's played at PF the majority of his bball career but he has SF-esque skills. I only askbecause the Heat will probably go after Bosh or Amare in 2010, which would cause a log-jam at PF.

DMan14 wrote:
derrick coleman/lamar odom type career
has all the talent to be one of the best, but will he have desire to work
Didn't follow him in college but was able to some of his games. Maybe because the media hyped him up so much, but im disappointed in him. Ifeel like he is only a shooter, like Redd, and doesn't offer much work. I don't see him being like LO because LO does everything but score, oppositethan Beasley.

Back
Top Bottom