Now that Michael Beasley's rookie year is officially over, has your opinion changed on him....

he needs to cut his damn hair

but yeah, like many have said, in heavy minutes, dude can really produce

i like his game

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

So what position will Beasley be playing full-time? I know he's played at PF the majority of his bball career but he has SF-esque skills. I only ask because the Heat will probably go after Bosh or Amare in 2010, which would cause a log-jam at PF.
i think he is a little to slow to guard sf.... but he has a lot of quickness over PF.... thats what makes him more dangerous.... he can use hisquickness over these other PF and take them to the rim and finish with either hand... or if they give him to much room... dude has a wet mid range and he canshoot the 3... watch out for chalmers next year though...
chalmers, wade, cook,. beasley, haslem as our core guys .. im good....

He doesn't seem as short as everyone made him out to be before the season, and he seems more athletic as well.

^ive watched a few heat games but, (not to turn this into a heat thread)
1. will mike start? if so, we got jermaine (sp) at the 5, haslem at the 4, where will mike go? (this question is only if hes starting)
2. mike to me seems a bit too "small" to play the 4, and as you said, a bit to slow to play the 3. maybe he can bulk up a bit? who knows.
3. you guys have a nice starting lineup, but you still need a veteran pg so chalmers or cook can play backup, and trade the other one. alot of teams arelooking fo young pgs.
and um, when does jermaines contract ends. next year correct?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

J.O contract ends in 2010.... remember that there is only 2 players left from the championship.... we are a young team that is rebuilding...
chalmers, head, diawara, jones, moon, beasley, J.O... this is their 1st year playing together on the heat... and cook is in his 2nd year... if chalmers andbeasley can progress... i think we even have a brighter season next year...

There is no reason why Mike should not be starting at the beginning of next year.

Originally Posted by Pretty Toney

Certain players get picked on...or put in the spotlight for certain tendencies that a wide variety of players are guilty of...all it takes is one analyst/coach/scout to say it and it becomes popular opinion. Like we hear all day every day about how Nash/Beasley/Dirk/whoever can't play defense but nobody will say anything about Rose/Lebron (prior to this year)/whoever when they aren't/weren't solid defenders themselves. It's all about perception + reputation. Because we know Mike is lazy and doesn't work as hard as he should...the fact that he's a poor defender get's put in the spotlight. We know Derrick Rose to be this "hard working, tough city kid" with a strong build so it gets swept under the rug when somebody like Rajon Rondo who couldn't throw a rock in the ocean averages a triple double on him...or the countless other times he's been picked on and isolated on D this season. We see Nash as this International (Strike One), White (Strike Two), and non-athletic by todays protypical standard (Strike 3) and it's more evident when he gets abused on D. When somebody like Chris Paul or Allen Iverson gets picked on because of their size...we make nothing of it because we know them as tough...gritty "get after it" players and we look at their steals statistics which is made up mostly of them just being ball hawks in the passing lanes. We don't say anything when they get posted up every night by bigger guards. I didn't hear a single thing this post season about how Chauncey ATE CP alive. Had that been Nash...we wouldn't have heard the end of it.
QFT, Every word you said couldn't have been said better.

I've watched every Heat game, and I can tell that he was improving on D the latter part of the season. I'm pulling and hoping beas gets it togetherthis offseason. The sky's the limit for this kid

Haters on beasley are just bugging yo word up..........

Beasley, for all his "weaknesses" on the floor can do so much. Offensively, he really is capable of doing whatever he desires. His defense isn'tthat bad either. But, unless he gets traded, imo you will see threads pop up like this one all the time because what we see, he can be a legit 24 and 10 typeof player but, playing with wade will only allow him to "underachieve" statistically. So imo, he will never achieve statistical praise until heleaves wade's shadow.

But make no mistake about it, he has perrienial all-star written all over him. Mayo=Rose>Beasley as of right now, but all three will be all stars at somepoint of their careers. I gurantee you take the chains off beasley, and he will definately start to get mad busy.

This kids never going to be a superstar. He just doesn't have the motor to affect the game in ways besides scoring. He's going to be a very goodoffensive player, but thats it.

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

03F.jpg
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I thought Carmelo was the next Big Dog.

They both can't be him, right?
Originally Posted by E3LAL

Didn't follow him in college but was able to some of his games. Maybe because the media hyped him up so much, but im disappointed in him. I feel like he is only a shooter, like Redd, and doesn't offer much work.
The only similarities between Mike Redd and Beas is that they are both black and left handed.

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Haters on beasley are just bugging yo word up..........

Beasley, for all his "weaknesses" on the floor can do so much. Offensively, he really is capable of doing whatever he desires. His defense isn't that bad either. But, unless he gets traded, imo you will see threads pop up like this one all the time because what we see, he can be a legit 24 and 10 type of player but, playing with wade will only allow him to "underachieve" statistically. So imo, he will never achieve statistical praise until he leaves wade's shadow.

But make no mistake about it, he has perrienial all-star written all over him. Mayo=Rose>Beasley as of right now, but all three will be all stars at some point of their careers. I gurantee you take the chains off beasley, and he will definately start to get mad busy.
eek.gif
laugh.gif

T E A M J U I C E
nvm. i understand now.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

^ Blame the people that brought him up Beas still not being able to play D Cake.

And you gotta admit, _'s been roasting Pooh all year.

This #+## is absurd... He has nothing to do with this discussion, what so ever.

He knows he needs to get better defensively, just like you said that #+## doesn't happen over night , especially for someone who's never had to playdefense and now has to guard the ball 80% of the time (Juice came in with a rep for playing defense and was still getting tortured).

As far as Rajon's torching him goes... Majority of his points came in transition, its not like he was just sizing him up and going to work. Nothing likethat at all, meanwhile thats exactly what Pooh was doing to him. As far as the assist go, look who the hell he was passing the ball to (you're guranteedatleast 6 dimes playing with Ray Allen off the jump ball.

Every single rookie got torched this yr on the defensive end, and everyone got the business by a no name as well, so y'all can calm down with trying to putmy guy in the rack. The difference between him and most is he acknowledges that its weakness and I surely see him getting better at that end of the floorsooner than later.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

This #+## is absurd... He has nothing to do with this discussion, what so ever.

He knows he needs to get better defensively, just like you said that #+## doesn't happen over night , especially for someone who's never had to play defense and now has to guard the ball 80% of the time (Juice came in with a rep for playing defense and was still getting tortured).

As far as Rajon's torching him goes... Majority of his points came in transition, its not like he was just sizing him up and going to work. Nothing like that at all, meanwhile thats exactly what Pooh was doing to him. As far as the assist go, look who the hell he was passing the ball to (you're guranteed atleast 6 dimes playing with Ray Allen off the jump ball.

Every single rookie got torched this yr on the defensive end, and everyone got the business by a no name as well, so y'all can calm down with trying to put my guy in the rack. The difference between him and most is he acknowledges that its weakness and I surely see him getting better at that end of the floor sooner than later.
This is the point that I was trying to make.

As we're others as well.

Rose wasn't the only one. Nor was Beas. So, to single Beas out for that is completely unfair.

I didn't even bring up Rose. Somebody else did.

First off Derrick is a beast and no one in this thread can say otherwise. Before you try to drop names and kick dirt think of how many 20 year old point guardsStarted in this league and did what Derrick has?

As for Beasley I think he met my expectations of his first year. He didn't wow me but he did show with a little more time and maturity he'll be a verygood NBA Player. I think next year he should start to turn the corner and be the solid second option for the Heat.

Back
Top Bottom