Now that Michael Beasley's rookie year is officially over, has your opinion changed on him....

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

This #+## is absurd... He has nothing to do with this discussion, what so ever.

He knows he needs to get better defensively, just like you said that #+## doesn't happen over night , especially for someone who's never had to play defense and now has to guard the ball 80% of the time (Juice came in with a rep for playing defense and was still getting tortured).

As far as Rajon's torching him goes... Majority of his points came in transition, its not like he was just sizing him up and going to work. Nothing like that at all, meanwhile thats exactly what Pooh was doing to him. As far as the assist go, look who the hell he was passing the ball to (you're guranteed atleast 6 dimes playing with Ray Allen off the jump ball.

Every single rookie got torched this yr on the defensive end, and everyone got the business by a no name as well, so y'all can calm down with trying to put my guy in the rack. The difference between him and most is he acknowledges that its weakness and I surely see him getting better at that end of the floor sooner than later.

Biggie62 wrote:

Offensive beast but a defensive liability. So not really. -Rose was def the right choice as first overall.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

This is what I will never understand.... Did you see DRose get torched by Rondo ALL series? I mean damn, hes been getting KILLED by Pgs ALL season but he gets a pass because of what? Even Javarious killed him earlier this year but I guess that doesnt matter either..
laugh.gif
Ill assume your post was directed at me

I never brought him in the discussion until Big did.. Its clear as day that Pooh was the right pick...But Saying Pooh was the right pick simply because Beas isa defensive liability makes no sense seeing Pooh get cooked all year also.

laugh.gif
@ the excuses of Rondo averaging a Triple double on him.... We both watched the WHOLE series from start to finish. Son just got outplayed for the majorityof the series, it happens.

As for a no name, ill assume your talking about Javarious... That !#@@ was just brutal
laugh.gif

And once again, Im a DRose fan...

First off Derrick is a beast and no one in this thread can say otherwise. Before you try to drop names and kick dirt think of how many 20 year old point guards Started in this league and did what Derrick has?
lol, dude what the $+!* are you talking about?

Where did anyone say Rose wasn't good? Where did anyone %$@% on him? Kick dirt? $+!* outta here, all people did what state fact about what they saw.

Don't get all butt-hurt b/c your golden boy has flaws.

eyes.gif

Jesus Christ, you can't even criticize players anymore.

laugh.gif
Ill assume your post was directed at me

I never brought him in the discussion until Big did.. Its clear as day that Pooh was the right pick...But Saying Pooh was the right pick simply because Beas is a defensive liability makes no sense seeing Pooh get cooked all year also.

laugh.gif
@ the excuses of Rondo averaging a Triple double on him.... We both watched the WHOLE series from start to finish. Son just got outplayed for the majority of the series, it happens.

As for a no name, ill assume your talking about Javarious... That !#@@ was just brutal
laugh.gif

And once again, Im a DRose fan...

It was moreso directed at the tangent of this post in general, I had just finished reading your post when I began typing tho. I had just read a page and ahalf of people throwing him under the bus which made absolutely no sense seeing as this thread was about Mike. I knew from jump he was going to have problemsguarding guards in this league, the kid has never played a lick of defense a day in his life. In high school they pressed all day and he was in the passinglanes and catching boys from the weak side. In college, he played at Memphi, nuff said. I knew he was going to struggle and we've (bulls fans) been talkingabout it all yr. We don't have a false sense about where he is, we're just excited about what he's done and the flashes he's shown. I meanjust because the kid is great doesn't negate the fact that he's still a rookie, so I expect him to make huge mistakes. The thing that hasn't beensaid while everyone was disecting his short comings is that he was drafted to play the 1, a position with the highest learning curve and possesses the mostpressure considering.

Semantics are being argued now.

Someone simply pointed out another rookie not being a top notch defender when much is made about another moreso than others.

Originally Posted by JStar25

First off Derrick is a beast and no one in this thread can say otherwise. Before you try to drop names and kick dirt think of how many 20 year old point guards Started in this league and did what Derrick has?
Yep, nobody.

Originally Posted by GTownBaller23

Yep, nobody.

Chris Paul did it....How could yall forget so soon, I mean it was only 3 years ago
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by GTownBaller23

Yep, nobody.

Chris Paul did it....How could yall forget so soon, I mean it was only 3 years ago
nerd.gif

because people have this strange notion that DRose is better as a rookie than CP3 was...

Part of that plan, Riley said, also includes Miami's young core-starting point guard Mario Chalmers(notes), 3-point shootout champion Daequan Cook(notes), and perhaps most importantly Michael Beasley(notes), last year's No. 2 overall pick who played largely as a reserve this season and still emerged into Miami's second-leading scorer behind Wade.

Beasley is naturally a power forward, but the Heat will experiment this summer into putting him at the small forward position.

"He can play that spot," Riley said. "There's no doubt."

None on Beasley's part, either.

"I think there's a lot I can do," Beasley said, "and a lot I can do better."

Riley said a big key for the Heat this offseason will be continuing the development of those three players, a task that will take place on the team's practice court and not in any summer league competition. Miami will not have an entry in Orlando summer league.

"Beas and Mario and Daequan are a big part of our future," Riley said. "It's taken one year of losing to be able to garner two really good players and both of them are starting caliber players. And I would probably have envisioned Beasley starting all year long, but it wasn't going to happen in the beginning."

Part of that reasoning, Riley said, was because Beasley didn't have a full summer to study the Heat system last year. Riley said that will change this year, with everything from on-court work to off-court conditioning awaiting the former Kansas State star.

"I'm a believer in Michael," Riley said.

The South Florida Sun-Sentinel reported Wednesday that Beasley and Chalmers - both of whom were fined and banished from the NBA's rookie symposium last summer for breaking league rules-drew several small fines this season for violating Heat policies.

Riley did not discuss those in detail, but said most of the problems were cleared up very early in the season.

"After that, they realized how much they valued their money," Riley said.

Back
Top Bottom