Now that Michael Beasley's rookie year is officially over, has your opinion changed on him....

for better/worse?

I wasn't real high on this dude, and honestly I still don't know what to make of him. I think he's a wonderful talent, but he became a chucker w.the Heat....I'm sure his FG% would have been MUCH higher had he not floated so far outside of the paint...in talking about skill-set, what is thedifference between what Mike Beasley brings to the floor and Zach Randolph? I always kid that Beas is Lee Nailon 2.0, but I don't know if this dude has"it." "It" meaning the desire to take his game to the next level whether we are talking on the offensive end or defensive end of thefloor...anyways....here are the stats

regular season numbers:

[table][tr][th=""]Season[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]Tm[/th] [th=""]Lg[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]FG[/th] [th=""]FGA[/th] [th=""]FG%[/th] [th=""]3P[/th] [th=""]3PA[/th] [th=""]3P%[/th] [th=""]FT[/th] [th=""]FTA[/th] [th=""]FT%[/th] [th=""]ORB[/th] [th=""]DRB[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [th=""]STL[/th] [th=""]BLK[/th] [th=""]TOV[/th] [th=""]PF[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]2008-09[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]MIA[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]81[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]24.8[/td] [td]5.6[/td] [td]11.8[/td] [td].472[/td] [td]0.4[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td].407[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td].772[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [td]4.1[/td] [td]5.4[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [td]13.9[/td] [/tr][/table]
Advanced stats

[table][tr][th=""]Season[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]Tm[/th] [th=""]Lg[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]PER[/th] [th=""]TS%[/th] [th=""]eFG%[/th] [th=""]ORB%[/th] [th=""]DRB%[/th] [th=""] TRB%[/th] [th=""] AST%[/th] [th=""]STL%[/th] [th=""]BLK%[/th] [th=""]TOV%[/th] [th=""]USG%[/th] [th=""]ORtg[/th] [th=""] DRtg[/th] [th=""]OWS[/th] [th=""]DWS[/th] [th=""]WS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]2008-09[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]MIA[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]81[/td] [td]2009[/td] [td]17.2[/td] [td].528[/td] [td].490[/td] [td]6.5[/td] [td]19.8[/td] [td]13.1[/td] [td]7.7[/td] [td]1.1[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td]10.2[/td] [td]27.7[/td] [td]103[/td] [td]108[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [td]3.3[/td] [/tr][/table]

Per 36 minutes...

[table][tr][th=""]Season[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]Tm[/th] [th=""]Lg[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]FG[/th] [th=""]FGA[/th] [th=""]FG%[/th] [th=""]3P[/th] [th=""]3PA[/th] [th=""]3P%[/th] [th=""]FT[/th] [th=""]FTA[/th] [th=""]FT%[/th] [th=""]ORB[/th] [th=""]DRB[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [th=""]STL[/th] [th=""]BLK[/th] [th=""]TOV[/th] [th=""]PF[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]2008-09[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]MIA[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]81[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]2009[/td] [td]8.1[/td] [td]17.1[/td] [td].472[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td].407[/td] [td]3.3[/td] [td]4.3[/td] [td].772[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]5.9[/td] [td]7.9[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td]0.7[/td] [td]0.7[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [td]3.3[/td] [td]20.1[/td] [/tr][/table]

not really, still can be a beast.

I have little questions about his game, but I do have concerns with how good HE WANTS to be.

desire to take his game to the next level
This was the impression i had of him in college - that he was getting by on pure talent alone, and didn't show a ton of heart.

He's young, so it's impossible to really say for sure what will happen with him.. that's just the initial impression i've had of him - ultratalented with loads of potential, but questionable work ethic and drive.

i always thought he was good. just don't know why Miami didn't start him after a few months after the season. he would easily been ROY

I always said he was
pimp.gif

And that opinion remains the same.

Look for him to really breakout in '09-10!

Coming into the season: he won't be special but he'll be a nice starter for his career
After this season: he won't be special but he'll be a nice starter for his career

derrick coleman/lamar odom type career
has all the talent to be one of the best, but will he have desire to work

Beasley doesnt have that beast attitude that will take him to the next level. He lacks intensity, like he doesnt care.

Originally Posted by nublee

No, but my opinion on Spoelstra did
I'm assuming (by reading your sig) that you are not a fan of Spoelstra....you think if Beasley had started the W/L differential would havechanged in both the regular season and the playoffs? Beasley was THAT ready to do work on the defensive end of the floor? I'm sure that Spoelstra had thebacking of vets with his lineups...if I'm wrong with that last statement, please back it up

20/8 over 36 minutes as a ROOKIE and y'all STILL %+## on him

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

What the hell more do y'all want him to do?

I haven't gotten to see him play much, but from what I saw he's pretty talented. He's like the second coming of a much better Glenn Robinson.

Originally Posted by dreClark

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Just stats? I use my eyes plus stats to judge players

Dude doesn't strike me as a perennial All-Star yet. Of course it's just one year and he was in the doghouse but I'm just goin off what I can judge,which is only one rookie season.

When I look at Rose/Mayo I see something special.

BEZ has plenty of time to prove himself though

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

basically.
i think people look too much into his demeanor.
and he's as talented as he is skilled.
there is nothing stopping him from being at worst another david west

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

Dude doesn't strike me as a perennial All-Star yet. Of course it's just one year and he was in the doghouse but I'm just goin off what I can judge, which is only one rookie season.

What is NOT special about Beas? I don't see how a person could look @ OJ and say he's 'Special' but turn right around and watchBeas play and say that he isn't.

That honestly blows my mind. And I'm a HUGE Mayo supporter.

I mean honestly, what were y'all expecting from him? To come in and take over the team? Be the face of the franchise? Just b/c he LOOKS like hedoesn't play hard doesn't mean he isn't.

But whatever, Y'all will see.

And Please, Give me a break w/ the defense +%!!. You know how hard it is to tell a kid who hasn't really had to play D, just score, score, score (and thecoaches let him get away with it) to come in and play Strap up defense? Hell, it took Melo, Bron, Wade, etc like 3-4 years. To play hard D on a consistentbasis. There TOOOOOOO many players to name in the NBA who START and play NO D and they are VETS.

his playoff performance really caught my eye. cant give this kid any room or he'll shoot and drain the shot and his driving ability is not far off.he's great on the offensive end and will probably improve on the defensive end throughout next year.

Here's a quote from one of his closest friends from the game thread yesterday....
Offense just comes so easily for my son...he better put work in the summer but I know he probably won't

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

Dude doesn't strike me as a perennial All-Star yet. Of course it's just one year and he was in the doghouse but I'm just goin off what I can judge, which is only one rookie season.

What is NOT special about Beas? I don't see how a person could look @ OJ and say he's 'Special' but turn right around and watch Beas play and say that he isn't.

That honestly blows my mind. And I'm a HUGE Mayo supporter.

I mean honestly, what were y'all expecting from him? To come in and take over the team? Be the face of the franchise? Just b/c he LOOKS like he doesn't play hard doesn't mean he isn't.

But whatever, Y'all will see.

And Please, Give me a break w/ the defense +%!!. You know how hard it is to tell a kid who hasn't really had to play D, just score, score, score (and the coaches let him get away with it) to come in and play Strap up defense? Hell, it took Melo, Bron, Wade, etc like 3-4 years. To play hard D on a consistent basis. There TOOOOOOO many players to name in the NBA who START and play NO D and they are VETS.

I dont get it either

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Here's a quote from one of his closest friends from the game thread yesterday....
Offense just comes so easily for my son...he better put work in the summer but I know he probably won't

That worries me, and that's the kind of thing that made me think he wouldn't be as good as people thought. Rose showed the killer instinctright off the bat, Beasley didn't. Can he? Probably, but still gotta wait and see.

I still think Blake's going to be better.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif

I mean it is what it is...

I've been saying it since HS and I'll say it now...as far as talent/potential goes...the only one in this class even on par with him is D-Rose. Asshown...even in "limited" minutes this season...he's as offensively gifted as most players in the entire league. To be 6'8/6-9 and arguablybe the best shooter in the class (only Mayo is in discussion) says a whole lot. We thought he couldn't post coming into the L because they said he was toosmall...but even this series vs the Hawks (Game 6)...shows that he can still EAT in the post when he wants to.

Talent isn't what's holding Mike back...it's Mike. It's always been like that...and it probably always will be. I argued over Kevin until I wasblue in the face 2 years ago when everyone here was calling him a chucker, never will be a franchise player, poor mans Rashard Lewis, etc...and I kept saying"just wait and see"...and in year 2 some people are already starting to wonder if he's top 10 in the league. I would love to make that sameprediction for Mike because he's CAPABLE of doing so...I just know that he won't because there's something OFF with his mentality and always hasbeen.

Beastley will be a beast if he wants to. Pretty impressive numbers for a 19/20 year old. Was I reading wrong or is he really 40% from 3??

I think he'll be an All Star level player...not sure if he can be anything more than that, though it wouldn't surprise me.

Back
Top Bottom