NT All Time MLB Re-Draft vol: Voting is Open

There's a thread search function if its any help

Unfortunately if you're on mobile you gotta view the webpage as "desktop site"

651 or Dland, please reach out to Champ and ask him to fill out his roster.
I'll take Satchel Paige as my other middle reliever to pair with Shantz. John Hiller will serve as my closer, and George Sisler to round out my bench.

Thanks for running this thing, CP. It was a pleasure as always, gentlemen.

Honestly, I've been working on my write up this past week. Will post my case for my team eventually, but want all my angles covered first.

I figure by Spring Training we can get some voting in.

First off, I want to thank everyone again for participating. I am sorry that it took so long, and that it sort of fell off the last 3-4 rounds, but we all kinda knew those last rounds would be rough. :lol:

For voting purposes, simply list your favorite 2-3-5 teams, in some order, and I will compile a list. We aren’t winning any money or anything, so there’s no grand prize, we’re not ruining any lives or anything, just a random vote on best teams.

That said, each owner is more than welcome to write up their teams and make their cases. Send me your votes however you’d like or simply post them here in the thread.

Drafting at 14, I didn’t know what to expect. I knew I was out of the running for one of the “immortals” and boy was I proven wrong. :lol: :pimp:

Getting Hank Aaron, Hank, AARON, at FOURTEEN, was an absolute steal. He should have been a top 5 pick, hands down. My father (one of the smartest baseball minds I know) was livid with people letting Hank fall that far. I swear I think he took it personal. :lol:

That altered my entire thought process. I had “planned” on a measure of balance, Offense, Defense, Pitching, HOFers, World Series, Gold Gloves, all of it. Below, you will see my rough draft I jotted down before we began. That was my kind of guide I was planning to use of how I would build a team like this. (I also really, really, really wanted Joey Votto in some manner, but never pulled the trigger after I was afforded Jimmie Foxx at First, and Gary Sheffield as my DH.

So, in the end, I decided to lean heavier on Offense and build around Hank, and scoop up value in terms of pitching, and still try to add enough defense (especially up the middle, and including my pitchers) to balance the roster as best I could. Also note, L-R balance was important to me as well as I could face and adjust any roster you guys throw at me.

All told, the numbers speak for themselves, but, I understand all of these teams are going to have numbers. But this group……I don’t think there are many other teams that are going to match this. I have Roger Maris on my bench……..and he has the fewest home runs of that bench. :lol: How you navigate a lineup of

Fernandez S
Lynn L
Aaron R
Stargell L
Foxx R
Mathews L
Sheffield R
Simmons B
Grich R

This would be a bit of a Right handed lineup, and I have the ability to swap in Maris and either Dunn or Evans for RF and DH if I was facing a tough Right Hander. (not that I’d ever really sit Aaron, but like on rest days and such)

upload_2018-1-30_16-38-18.png

Pitching wise, I didn’t focus on it early as a lot of the guys I wanted went early and I adapted my focus on offense, all that said, I managed to nab 3 of the top 40 all-time pitchers in WAR, and two other guys that produced 20+ win seasons and won World Series’. Call me happy with those results. (my dad went nuts when he saw how far down I got Lolich, apparently one of thee great World Series performances in history) Also, a nice R-L balance in this group as well. Adding Dibble as my closer, and two lefty setup men just adds to the balance, as well as a couple guys who were strong in the postseason. Bottom line, with the offense I’d produce, and solid enough defenders behind them, my rotation while not top 5 or anything, would definitely be better than expected with an offensive focus like mine.

upload_2018-1-30_16-39-10.png

upload_2018-1-30_16-39-50.png

Here is the example I spoke of. Now, at the time, I had no idea people would be flying off the shelves with 80’s-90’s guys like they did. But you still see my idea, R-L balance, good hitters (tho no Hank Aaron level guy) good fielders, strong staff, and a hard throwing closer. This is 15 rounds worth of talent, thinking Maddux/Rickey would likely be first-second round guys, maybe a Chipper or Smoltz around rounds 3-4, and the rest would fill in, but it didn’t play out anywhere near that. Most of these guys were gone by like round 5-6 it felt like. :lol:

upload_2018-1-30_16-41-12.png

Not gonna write up something like that, but with this being my first sports draft on NT just wanted to say it was fun as hell. Obviously feel like I would have had a way better team if I was able to make my 2nd & 3rd round pick on time, but still had fun drafting. Thanks for running this thing :pimp:

Did you draft him? Why this thread? :lol:

of course, why else would i bring that up.. i hardly watch baseball and aint no way in hell am i watching the mets

this thread going get another bump when we see where mookie gets MVP.. but was a great season for the IATT 'younger' guys

of course, why else would i bring that up.. i hardly watch baseball and aint no way in hell am i watching the mets

this thread going get another bump when we see where mookie gets MVP.. but was a great season for the IATT 'younger' guys

Figured as much. Looking back my squad is full of 2000's Yankees :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom