NT: Am I the only scrooge this Christmas?

So I've had this perpetual feeling for the last week or so, anger/sadness/loneliness.. I don't really know whatit is but it's been growing the last few days. Went to church with my girl like 8 o'clock, then (I'm not religious but I can appreciate thegoodness of it certain things so I wanted to participate) driving home from her house tonite I was overcome with the feeling again and I started driving reallyfast, recklessly almost, until I got home. I'm sure I'd be drinking right now but I ran out of beer earlier. I'm 21. This is not who I want tobe.

get a blog, I know.

Lame. You got a girl and I'm guessing you got family too. How dare you complain? Go steal some toys, Grinch.

Down some beer. You'll be cool in no time.

Originally Posted by truestt

Lame. You got a girl and I'm guessing you got family too. How dare you complain? Go steal some toys, Grinch.

Down some beer. You'll be cool in no time.
I mean, that's probably most of it actually. Just realizing the holiday's aren't like the usedto be.. Pops essentially doesn't care anymore, moms is so far gone she might as well not be there, one brother in the pen, the other is turning into mymom. Yada, yada, yea I know alot of people have it worse off. But sometimes when you feel like %%%@ it's all you see, you know?

Originally Posted by damnneardeadstock

i don't understand how anyone can feel anything negative toward christmas
When I'm able to avoid every person trying to push their religious agenda on me and once the day comesthat the holiday represents anything more than the disgusting consumerist spectacle it's become, then yea, maybe I'll start to feel somethingpositive.

I'm right there with you man. Christmas ain't what it used to be, like we haven't had a Xmas tree in 3 years. Mom is always at work, no food in thecrib, I don't care about my GF, Screw most of my family and...nah fug it, I hate getting personal on this site.

Scrooge = mind game to make people fall into the economical scheme.

No rly.

Just like the "stop hatin" campaign.

Originally Posted by sherwin100s

I'm right there with you man. Christmas ain't what it used to be, like we haven't had a Xmas tree in 3 years. Mom is always at work, no food in the crib, I don't care about my GF, Screw most of my family and...nah fug it, I hate getting personal on this site.

Things will get better my dude.

Just visualize and work towards it.

Try not to let circumstances hold you down. Try your best to keep a positive and happy mind, moving towards what you want in life.

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

I'm not even acknowledging Christmas this year.

Just another day for me.

exactly how im feelin. sleepin in late... treatin it like the weekend

Well, my family is coming over...so it'll be fun.

I know I won't be getting a bunch of gifts, but i hope i get some money to get stuff.

Man, Yuku just last paged me and I lost my post.
laugh.gif

Anyway, what I was typing was how I know someone always has it worse, and I'm always thinking optimistic no matter what goes down, but the end of this yearsucked, so I feel you man. My dad is self employed and got screwed on a job a week ago so money is dead low. I have my family's/best friend's companyto look forward too tomorrow, so thats good, but stuff is disheartening right now. My girl is away for Christmas so she isnt even here right now.

But, I guess we gotta keep head's up and keep going. Someones got it worse, right?

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Originally Posted by sherwin100s

I'm right there with you man. Christmas ain't what it used to be, like we haven't had a Xmas tree in 3 years. Mom is always at work, no food in the crib, I don't care about my GF, Screw most of my family and...nah fug it, I hate getting personal on this site.

Things will get better my dude.

Just visualize and work towards it.

Try not to let circumstances hold you down. Try your best to keep a positive and happy mind, moving towards what you want in life.
Respect

StaXX wrote:
I'm not a scrooge. I'm just like ehh..

Losing my Granma on Black Friday last month Im not feelin this holiday. Although Im glad to be around family and be home for a few days, this Christmas willseem like another day to me

I just hate spending all the money. And for what? Seems like you gotta buy gifts for everybody and their mother.

Where's the reciprocity? Can a brotha get a gift back, kid's middle school teacher? Can I get a gift, boss at work? Where's my gift card, neighbor?

Once you realize Christmas is just a ploy to get people to spend money, it loses the sentimental value you once held for it as a child. That's part ofgrowing up. If you're in 20+ with no children and still get overly into the holiday season somethings wrong IMO.

I hear that the holiday spirit doesn't come back until you have kids and are setting things up for them.

Holiday season always gets me down.

My fam not around, I can't remember the last time I saw my dad on christmas, no GF.

It feels like eveyone is having fun with their fam and girl, and im just alone.

scoreda, christmas is the one time of year to be with all the family again and be carefree. Then again, it's annoying to put the rest of life on hold. In away i've outgrown some aspects of childhood and my parents, and coming back to it I feel trapped. So it's a mixed bag. I can see where OP is comingfrom. Christmas can magnify problems that you otherwise overlook the rest of the year.

I haven't bought into the holiday hype in a long time. I use to get excited about Christmas when I was a kid but now it really doesn't mean what it useto. I enjoy spending time with my family but other that that it's just another day for me.

props for the motivational stuff some of you guys are dropping in here. I tried to sleep through the entire day, turnedoff the celly so "Merry Christmas" texts/calls wouldn't wake me, etc. But alas, my aunt called the house phone and my grandfather brought me thephone and woke me up at 3
laugh.gif
. I feel better tho, thanks in largepart to my girl, in small part to this thread. thanks NT

i know its sucks right now but you cant lose hope...if you think this is the lowest of the low then got nowhere to go but up...im not feeling this Christmaseither since the break up but im feeling better everyday...just better yourself and soon you'll feel better

Back
Top Bottom