NT Artists....Do yall listen to yourselves????

I've always wondered did artists sit in their car and listen to themselves... like "damn, this #%%$ is hot
glasses.gif
."

Or do yall just listen on a critical
ohwell.gif
embarassed.gif
type level like "damn should have done _____ better."

_s should be their own worse critic.

I deal with artists all the time and i cant stand ppl who think ALL their $@! is hot.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

I deal with artists all the time and i cant stand ppl who think ALL their $@! is hot.
Such as ??
nerd.gif

Like if you hop in Ross's car is
pimp.gif
at his own music?

I wonder the same thing. I know they listen over it to find things wrong with it. I always thought it would be kind of weird for a artist to just be ridingaround listening to his/her own music though

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

thats my motto too... Its rare for me to feel like my own stuff is hot, sometimes i surprise myself tho' lol
WHAT YA'LL THINK?
(shameless promotion)
www.mC-Bsides.blogspot.com

i listen to myself..when im alone..i hate listening to myself when ppl are around..but i am my worst critic..i dont like alot of stuff i do..but other pplthink otherwise

when i used to rap, i'd listen to myself but only around myself, If i thought it was hot i'd let others listen in. lol. My homie said I sounded like aheavy black dude with a lil lisp. He made me get on a lot of tracks with him. I am not claiming to be amazing or none. Just tried it for a bit and stoppedsince my homie been locked up for a deal gone bad.
tired.gif
(smh he punched adude and killed him with one damn punch) he was promising as a rapper from Buffalo. He produced beats too, but he ended up using mine. I produced stuffsounding like Pac would use. I don't have the music anymore his ma threw all the cd's out and programs we used when she moved.
frown.gif

They probably do its just their not honest with themselves...because if they were they would stop...theres a lot of wack %!@! out there...

I do because I make tracks that I'd want to hear. I listen to like my best 10 joints, but when something I hate comes on I'll spin it to see how Icould have made it better, beat, lyrics, flow concept... those kinds of things.

Originally Posted by GolfAlphaBravoEcho

I do because I make tracks that I'd want to hear. I listen to like my best 10 joints, but when something I hate comes on I'll spin it to see how I could have made it better, beat, lyrics, flow concept... those kinds of things.

why even keep the tracks you aint feeling though. do yall just archive everything including the self proclaimed bricks...

Originally Posted by jefffort5

i listen to myself..when im alone..i hate listening to myself when ppl are around..but i am my worst critic..i dont like alot of stuff i do..but other ppl think otherwise
and what henz said

Sometimes you don't know it's wack until you finish. But you don't want to delete it because it's just nice to chart your progression and toget that wack %!*% out your system...

Not really. I'm too critical. The only stuff I listen to be the stuff fresh out the oven. I'll listen to ONE song only (in the car, on the xbox or athome) for 2 or 3 weeks. literally, one song only
grin.gif
. I can't listen to anything fom a previous projectw/o feelin like "
sick.gif
smh.gif
". Ironically, today my one song has been the first track off my 2nd mixtape from 06. I almost never go into the vaults.

Originally Posted by jefffort5

i listen to myself..when im alone..i hate listening to myself when ppl are around..but i am my worst critic..i dont like alot of stuff i do..but other ppl think otherwise

Im very critical, Sometimes my friends will play one of my songs on the ipod. I'll jam, or I'll get alil embarrassed. Especially when there'sfemales in the car. But really the best time I can critic my own music is when strangers are listening to it. Cuz its like a whole new experience and i hearevery flaw.

Yea I do, but like Henz said..it's kind of strange. I listen to a new track right out of the studio, but as time progresses I kinda just let it float andchart my progress.

I do but not ALL the time though, and I dont listen to it like I'm listenin to ANY song. I listen for how I could do better lyrically, delivering, andrecordin-wise + quality.

Never satisfied with it which is a habit I gotta kick. I'm quick to re-do and re-write when I should move on and build from there and just leave the $%+$be.
laugh.gif

Ever since I recorded alot of $%+$ changed on how I listen to music too. Everytime I hear a song I try to figure out how many layers they laid out, whatVST's they used, and etc.

I also TRY stayin away from hearin new $%+$ too, I SHOULD be workin on my own catalogue.

I listen to a song or a freestyle, play it for my friend get input, listen to it again...and again...and again, then I'm done with it and move on to thenext project, never going back only looking forward....ps check the sig.

I do but not ALL the time though, and I dont listen to it like I'm listenin to ANY song. I listen for how I could do better lyrically, delivering, and recordin-wise + quality.

Never satisfied with it which is a habit I gotta kick. I'm quick to re-do and re-write when I should move on and build from there and just leave the $%+$ be.
laugh.gif

Ever since I recorded alot of $%+$ changed on how I listen to music too. Everytime I hear a song I try to figure out how many layers they laid out, what VST's they used, and etc.

I also TRY stayin away from hearin new $%+$ too, I SHOULD be workin on my own catalogue.

QFT

i got some bangers and i got some %%%$ i dont want people to ever hear... but yea i bump my %%%$... i make great music to smoke to
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

now i need to get the laptop up and working to get back at it

Back
Top Bottom