NT baby ballers who want to own a Aston Martin come in.

Earlier this year, we saw photos of Aston Martin designers working on a clay-covered Toyota iQ in the studio and applying typical Aston styling cues to it. Creating a leather clad urban commuter carstruck us as a dubious proposition for an upscale brand like Aston Martin, but nevertheless the Cygnet is now complete and Aston has released a fresh batch ofphotos.

While the Aston Martin face is well suited to the extended nose of a DBS or Rapide, we think it looks more than a bit overwrought on the front of the tinyToyota. On the inside, virtually all of the available surfaces have been covered in red and black premium leather. For the time being, the Cygnet is a conceptonly, but Aston says it hopes to have it in production in 2010 for European and UK customers. There's no word yet on price, but in the meantime, you cancheck out our high-res gallery below and brief press release after the jump.

Aston Martin Cygnet Concept
Aston Martin today releases the first official images of the 'Cygnet' - a new luxury commuter concept car.

The Cygnet concept represents a creative, environmentally conscious solution, being small, yet with presence - and highly fuel efficient, now combined with theprestige of Aston Martin's luxury brand ownership.

Work on the concept is ongoing and will continue into 2010 when it is hoped that it will become a production reality initially available to Aston Martincustomers in the UK and Europe.

the interior is
pimp.gif

is aston martin serious with this? just lost a little respect for them. you would never see ferrari, maserati, or lamborghini do this. #!*% is that anyway?blinged out smart car?

shoulda started a daughter company and rebranded it as something else. throwing on the aston martin logo is a mistake.

aston martin is more of a european car company...and in eur, small cars like this, the mini, smarts cars, etc. are the demand.

Who would drive that? I never understood how grown man could drive these toy cars. I mean economy cars.

Toyota Yaris, Nissan Cube, etc. +%%** are ugly and look like death traps.

Originally Posted by bluedeniro

even if its AM kitted you still would look like a lame driving that

Word...

...and when you pull up at the light and you see Mr. Big Baller bendin' corners in the "DB9 like vroom vroom vroom", that's when your day isofficially ruined.

25pprp4.jpg

[Wayne's World] It will be mine...oh yes...it will be mine. [/Wayne's World]

Back
Top Bottom