NT Book Club Vol. WDYRTD

Joined Apr 4, 2008
Was burnt out after the school year ended and took a break from reading. Back on the grind now.

Finish a streetcar named desire and hot milk. Thoroughly enjoyed both. On deck I’ve got the nickel boys by Colson Whitehead and no one belongs here more than you. Short stories by Miranda July. Got the sellout on deck after these two. Let’s get it baby.

Joined Apr 4, 2008
Nickel Boys was such an awesome harrowing read. How’ you like the new Coates book?

btw I absolute abhorred there there. Thought it was a complete piece of crap tam hat only received the notoriety it did because of white guilt. There was nothing Pulitzer nominee worthy about that lazy hackneyed novel.

currently reading the sellout by Paul Beatty. So well written and ironic. Fantastic piece of fiction.

Joined Apr 24, 2006
Nickel Boys was such an awesome harrowing read. How’ you like the new Coates book?

btw I absolute abhorred there there. Thought it was a complete piece of crap tam hat only received the notoriety it did because of white guilt. There was nothing Pulitzer nominee worthy about that lazy hackneyed novel.

currently reading the sellout by Paul Beatty. So well written and ironic. Fantastic piece of fiction.
If you liked Nickel Boys or Underground Railroad, you'll enjoy The Water Dancer, which I preferred more. His writing puts you directly in the room/setting. I'd recommend it.

There There was modern Native Americana :lol:
This Is How You Lose The Time War and Gingerbread were koo :smokin
Talking to Strangers and Normal People were solid :nthat:
Underland and Dark Constellations were a great change from the usuals :pimp:

How's Iger's book so far?
Just about wrapping it up. He goes down the path of what occurred that placed him in his current position and how he went about acquiring every heavy-hitter in the game in intimate detail

Joined Apr 4, 2008
Underground Railroad was ok. Got too digressive at the end but the scenes when she’s free but captive in the attic we’re so emotionally draining.

Top Bottom