NT Book Club Vol. WDYRTD

Love to see everyone reading during pandemic.

dhart48 dhart48 , you considering move to France?

Yup
I'm actually past considering and am committed to doing it. Plan on going to school there and then becoming a citizen. 1st year will be just learning language, writing and culture next year pick a major and do that. There's clearly more to it than that, but that's the basic plan.

Yup
I'm actually past considering and am committed to doing it. Plan on going to school there and then becoming a citizen. 1st year will be just learning language, writing and culture next year pick a major and do that. There's clearly more to it than that, but that's the basic plan.
Have long thought about retiring to Côte d’Azur.

Tres bien. Bonne chance, mon frere.

Dug up copy from my library:
3BC4A9B5-7F4F-4EDD-8B3B-C9A1DF65B162.jpeg

Have long thought about retiring to Côte d’Azur.

Tres bien. Bonne chance, mon frere.

Always wanted to do it. Paris was already my favorite city in the world before I visited it. When I did it blew away my expectations. I got pretty comfortable taking the subway, going to the butcher and markets, cooking there etc, I'm also somewhat conversational.
Right now I just want Paris to be my entry point and go from there.
I'm hoping this book will give me more insight to the different areas and smaller details I may have overlooked.
I just want out of the United States.
Time for a change a pace

merci, je vais en avoir besoin.

Using the concept of this book, I was able to:
  1. literally double my consulting budget with the same client from 15k to 35k for the same amount of work (and they were happy about it except for the person who owned the budget lol) - I was also able to maintain and exceed that rate moving forward.
  2. I trained my wife to negotiate her raise, she got exactly what she asked for, including all the perks (conference costs, travel expenses, vacation days etc...)
  3. I was able to help my friend negotiate a drop in rent when her landlord wanted to raise the rent
This book is magic.

1589553174401.jpeg

I really love this book and seeing it posted here lets me know I need to read it again. Probably one that I will try to read every year to keep the concpets fresh.

I really love this book and seeing it posted here lets me know I need to read it again. Probably one that I will try to read every year to keep the concpets fresh.

I so read a pdf summary every once in a while to refresh my memory.

Just re-listened to

The Power of the Dog
And
The Cartel

Both are by Don Winslow.

Probably relisten to The Boarder as well. I been in the mood for more Narcos and these quench that thirst.

Last edited:
hows limitless and what RE book are you reading? Have Limitless on my list to read soon and trying to get an investment property be the end of the year
So far, Limitless is pretty cool. Mr Kwik is laying down the foundations of how to brain works and the tons of distraction we have in the world. I'm in the setup part, hes about to get into the techniques to advance your learning and retention abilities. It's shaping up to be a nice perspective changer and mental aide.

Other: "ABC's of real estate..." I'm using the money I make through my job to try to create some along side passive income, like most are trying to do. So, i'm just trying to educate myself a little on how these things work before I put some real money down. Taking it slow and seeing what smart moves I can make personally and what's the best way to go about it.

Bump... What are some recent autobiographies/biographies y'all would recommend?? Got a trip coming up end of this month and looking for some reading material, open to anything really.

Read The Fall of Moscow Station last week. It was cool but not as good as the Red Sparrow series.

Just read The Silent Patient and Where the Crawdads Sing. Silent Patient was good. Crawdads Sing was very good.

I am finishing up Spares by Michael Marshall Smith. I got Chris Bosh’s new book, Letters To A Young Athlete, going to start that next after Spares.

Back
Top Bottom