NT Book Thread: The More You Know--Summer Edition : 30% off INSTORE AND ONLINE COUPON PG6 EXP 7/2

currently reading:

20uvk83.jpg

Originally Posted by DLo13

and hopefully get around to reading Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell.

Has anyone read this one yet? It's been on my list since it came out. Thought I might pick it up over the weekend...
currently reading this book. very interesting. a real i opener. i suggest people that think they are "self-made" to read this book. whoknew being born at a certain month would determine who successful you could be.

oh and props to whoever can finish atlas shrugged. that book is huge.

Originally Posted by viiheaven

Originally Posted by kyrac2

VIIheaven - how you liking that book?
Love it so far. My Drug Use & Abuse professor at school recommended it after I told him that I liked All God's Children. If you read & liked that book, you'll love this one.

I quoted a couple excerpts from the book that hit me pretty hard:

Excerpts from Manchild in the Promised Land
i'm definitely gonna have to pick that up then. thank you sir

I've been slacking these last few weeks.

I'm going to read Tim O'Brien's The Things They Carried, again.

Originally Posted by Lieutenant Kif

Now I'm onto John Milton's "Paradise Lost". This book is a slow read, but it's something I've been meaning to do.
It's really beautiful writing, but super boring imo. I had to read it for my Epics class.
I'm currently reading "Miss Smilla's Feeling For Snow."
I've also started writing my first book. A few pages deep. Semi-autobiographical.
smile.gif

Any one got any recomendations on books about revolutionaries or historical figures? Something along the lines of Che, Hitler etc...

Originally Posted by DLo13

and hopefully get around to reading Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell.

Has anyone read this one yet? It's been on my list since it came out. Thought I might pick it up over the weekend...
just starting to get back into reading again this week after a few months off and outliers is the first book i picked up. almost done with it andits a pretty quick and interesting read. talks about nature/nurture and luck playing apart in peoples success. i liked tipping point more but this is also verygood as well.

Shutter Island was great. Finished it today. Really good psychological thriller with a weird twist at the end. Hopefully the movie stays true to the book anddoesn't kill the book like numerous other adaptations.

The coupon is for in-store use only.
Any one got any recomendations on books about revolutionaries or historical figures? Something along the lines of Che, Hitler etc...
Che Guevara: A Revolutionary Life by Jon Lee Anderson.

Patiently waiting for The Lost Symbol...

Finished City of Thieves and Lord of The Flies this past week.

Everyone should read City of Thieves... VERY good and entertaining book.

Reading Less Than Zero now.... ehhh so far, and I dont know if I want to continue.

Back
Top Bottom