NT Book Thread: The More You Know--Summer Edition : 30% off INSTORE AND ONLINE COUPON PG6 EXP 7/2

I think this would be a good thread to recommend some good reading material. If not, at least help me
laugh.gif

I just finished 100 Things Dodgers Fans Should Know or Do Before They Die and Apathy and Other Small Victories

Apathy was pretty hilarious, and it's fairly short at 230 or so pages. Same with 100 things, its about 260 I think. There's a "100 Things"Tigers Edition too.

I'm looking for a good criminal book. Like specifically Los Angeles crimes, but any book covering crimes in big cities would be OK with me.

What are YOU reading? What do you like, what would you advise others to steer clear from?

Was hoping someone would start a new reading thread.
smokin.gif
For some oddreason, people think surfing the net makes for good reading.
laugh.gif

Just finished reading Snuff by Chuck Palahniuk. Pretty funny story about the filming of a 600 man gangbang.
laugh.gif
Easy reading too, as it's less than 200 pages. Finished most of it on theplane ride home from Vegas. Was thinking about picking up Chuck's new book, Pygmy, but all the reviews on Amazon.com say it's a hard read. Written inbroken English. If not, I'll probably pick up Bill Russell's new book about Red Auerbach, and hopefully get around to reading Outliers by MalcolmGladwell.

^Invisible Monsters- Chuck Palahniuk (CRAZY), want to read Pygmy as well
The Game (recommended by a girl)- Neil Strauss

I'm gonna try and pick up that Billy Beane book before I start work. I got The Prince earlier this semester just never had time to pick it up. I'll tryand get on that this summer as well

Originally Posted by jville819

I'm gonna try and pick up that Billy Beane book before I start work. I got The Prince earlier this semester just never had time to pick it up. I'll try and get on that this summer as well

MoneyBall? I picked it up at Target in 11th grade, i'm 21 now. i've read it about 3 times, I love it.

Currently reading Unity by Steven Harper, which is a Battlestar Galactica novel.

After that, I've got some Orson Scott Card, Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind (The book series that the show Legend of the Seekeris based on), and a Star Trek: TNG novel.

im gonna re-read angels and demons before the movie comes out. read it over a yr ago and forgot alot of it

I'm currently reading the biography of Milton Hershey. Its decent so far but once I finish I'm gonna finally read Black Boy. And I also gotsome graphic novels to read, V For Vendetta & From Hell. Gonna be a productive summer.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by jville819

I'm gonna try and pick up that Billy Beane book before I start work. I got The Prince earlier this semester just never had time to pick it up. I'll try and get on that this summer as well

MoneyBall? I picked it up at Target in 11th grade, i'm 21 now. i've read it about 3 times, I love it.
Really? I'm def gonna get on that during downtime
pimp.gif

Currently reading Sex, Drugs & Cocoa Puffs by Chuck Klosterman. Good bathroom read, pretty easy too; about 200 or something pages. About modern pop cultureand %%%#, dude is pretty funny and makes some valid points. Just a compilation of some essays and rants which I find entertaining.

Trying to pick up some good %%%# though, what are some good recs?

Can anyone recommend me some self improvement books? The topics at hand can be about anything. I'm just looking for something to read that'll be usefulto me. I'll start on it after I'm done with the tipping point.

Originally Posted by divinetecknique

Currently reading Sex, Drugs & Cocoa Puffs by Chuck Klosterman. Good bathroom read, pretty easy too; about 200 or something pages. About modern pop culture and %%%#, dude is pretty funny and makes some valid points. Just a compilation of some essays and rants which I find entertaining.

Trying to pick up some good %%%# though, what are some good recs?

I saw that book as a recommended read on the amazon page for Apathy, i'm going to look into it. I recommend the mentioned book though, I think you'lldig it.

^I'm probably gonna read The Art of War this year, I was too lazy last summer. I need some good fiction books to read, I'm just more into them then thenonfiction books. I'll probably read Fight Club too this summer

by David Foster Wallace (RIP)

Broom Of The System

or

Infinite Jest

Have fun with the footnotes! You'll need two bookmarks!

I'm currently on a George Orwell run. I feel he is a guy I need to become familiarized with since he was a brilliant mind.

Can anyone recommend something "fun?" Something that is interesting and informative? Excuse my broad inquisition.

Steven Kings Everythings Eventful it just 14 short stories "very creepy"

Jackie Robinson Bio, read it back in the day and im just re uppin it.

Roots- If you havent yet

and hopefully get around to reading Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell.

Has anyone read this one yet? It's been on my list since it came out. Thought I might pick it up over the weekend...

Back
Top Bottom