NT Bros, Need help deciding what to do; Help me out fambs (job related)

How's it goin bros, I'm currently working at a theater making 7.25 an hour :rolleyes part-time and enrolled in college. I did 2 months here and only accumulated around 600-700 in total and cannot save a check for ish. Anyhow I've started looking at other jobs I can work at, well I got a callback at the airport for a company called inmotion. I have a friend in the company and believe I have a high chance of getting employed. The problem however is that the job may not be as flexible on having off days as the theater, and it'll be around 20-30 min commute when I work and I would have to pay for parking :smh: The plus side is that it'll potentially pay 9.00 an hour. What would you guys do?

Update: Interview went well, but manager told me that I may still have to pay for parking. She also informed me that it may be around 65 a month for a parking pass...Would you guys take the job? Or still stay at a theater job? I'm supposed to hear back either by Saturday.

Last edited:
i would take it if it doesnt mess up my schol schedule

goodluk
my friend who is presently employed juggles school and work. he says he gives in his school schedule and they work a schedule around it. the commute time and paying for parking is bothering me. my friends pops takes him so he's good but i would have to drive everyday...

Last edited:
Gotta look at the cost of parking and increased gas consumption. Will the aforementioned pretty much negate the pay increase? Also have to figure in how much you value the convenience of your current job.

But never count your eggs before they hatch. Good luck on getting the job first. And make sure you always put school first.

The new job might only amount to $100 every two weeks.
I bet you spend that on gas, anyway. Stay at your current job unless it's $12/hr+.

I bet you spend that on gas, anyway. Stay at your current job unless it's $12/hr+.
just talked to my friend. he says the company gives a card that covers parking, but I gotta park at the station which will be around 20-30 mins from my house still. maybe less if i find a shorter route. That was my main concern, but after hearing that I'm kinda more relieved. I really can't stand the ignorance at my current job :rolleyes so i'm around 60-70% sure I would take the job if offered on the spot thurs.

Last edited:
just talked to my friend. he says the company gives a card that covers parking, but I gotta park at the station which will be around 20-30 mins from my house still. maybe less if i find a shorter route. That was my main concern, but after hearing that I'm kinda more relieved. I really can't stand the ignorance at my current job :rolleyes so i'm around 60-70% sure I would take the job if offered on the spot thurs.

if u hate ur current job then go for it. use that 30 min in the car to listen to npr radio or an ebook

Take the job stay learn as much as you can and then move on if you want. The job will look better on your resume then the movie theater.

Take the job stay learn as much as you can and then move on if you want. The job will look better on your resume then the movie theater.
this.

Does this job at the airport need you to have any type of government clearance? A lot of jobs at the airport require you to have a Twic card, it runs about $100-150 to apply for it

I'm sure there have to be other jobs in the area that will pay better and are flexible. You could even work at a higher end grocery store (Wegman's, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods) and make $10-$12, plus they're usually more flexible with school than an airport job. 

Last edited:
You're still talking peanuts, you gonna run through the $9/hr checks just as fast.

For the full time student flexibility and convience are worth more than an extra buck or two an hour.

Last edited:
Sounds like the benefits of the job don't outweigh the hassle of working there. 

If you know how to drive stick, I'd say work valet. You usually would work weekends (Friday included) you'd make more than $9/hr and you wont have to deal with people as much.

i'm considering staying at the theater but i don't feel like its really a respectable job. I like the crew and working there, but I really just want something better. I'm still going to the interview tomorrow, and will be seeing what they're trying to offer me. :rolleyes

You're still talking peanuts, you gonna run through the $9/hr checks just as fast.

For the full time student flexibility and convience are worth more than an extra buck or two an hour.
That's what I'd be inclined to tell you too. The monetary difference is honestly minimal and your time and efforts getting to and from work are worth something as well. If you're interested in advancing your career, getting more words on your resume or you legit HATE your old job, then go for the new gig...if you're just out for beer money, you're really not doing too much better by making a move.

That's what I'd be inclined to tell you too. The monetary difference is honestly minimal and your time and efforts getting to and from work are worth something as well. If you're interested in advancing your career, getting more words on your resume or you legit HATE your old job, then go for the new gig...if you're just out for beer money, you're really not doing too much better by making a move.
just out to get cash for say a new phone, and ps4 thats coming out :lol: you guys giving really good advice here though preciate it fams, and SoleAsian my intended major is computer science I don't know where to begin looking...It was originally art, but my dreams of that are slowly slipping away now I just doodle for fun.

Last edited:
mo money mo problems

jk

do what ever works best for your schedule famb
I like having free time and a flexible schedule but yo, I worked 33 hours and only made 206 bucks :x last check I only got in 15 hours and made 99 bucks...

Back
Top Bottom