NT Coaches Thread (Will Be Updated Regularly)

What is everybody up to this upcoming Winter?

At a clinic right now.

About 100 middle schoolers in one gym.

Dude running the thing is trying to teach them how to EuroStep.

Painful to watch :smh:

USA Track & Field's Level 1 School is respected world-wide as the gold standard for practical and worthwhile coaching education. It is taught by trained & experienced USATF instructor/coaches who cover the technical basis for each event, training theory, and practical applications that actually improve practice quality. This is a solid training that every track coach should consider - great no matter what experience level, but indispensable for new coaches.

I'll be directing this Level 1 as I coordinate coaching education for USATF in the area. I'll be joined by Dr. Matt Lydum from Pacific University and Rogers Glispy from Community College of Philadelphia. It's a great staff and will be a great school.

Track coaches will love this weekend!

Please take a look - and please forward this email to other coaches so they don't miss the opportunity.
Early registration discount expires Saturday, July 5! After that registration jumps $50 to $255.

School credit cards and PO's accepted by dialing Matt Rohlf at 317-713-4667.

Johns Hopkins University: July 19-21
Click USATF Level 1: Johns Hopkins for the school's registration page.

Click USATF Coaching Education to find out more about the course and USATF's Coaching Education program.

Very Sincerely,

Dave Pavlansky
USATF Level 1 Coaching Education
Regional Coordinator, Midwest/Mid-Atlantic

http://www.usatf.org/Resources-for-...ls/Level-1/2019/Johns-Hopkins-University.aspx

We are excited to announce the return of our Coaches Newsletter!

Sent out weekly to over 28,000 coaches in 50 states and 12 countries, our newsletter is a huge point of pride for our program.

Xavier Newsletter #195 is now posted at www.goxavier.com/newsletter. In addition to 10 Zone Offense sets, we also included a full breakdown of our 60 minute workout we are using for our guards this fall.

If you are a Twitter user please follow our newsletter at @XUNewsletter. We plan on pushing some great content beyond just the weekly newsletter to that account.

As always, feel free to reach out to us with any questions or suggestions for what you’d like to see in future issues.

Coach,

I am emailing you because we are hosting a FREE Basketball Coaching Clinic with Tubby Smith on Monday, June 8th at 11AM CST. This event will be limited to the first 1,000 coaches who register and sign in so please make sure to register using the link below and sign in early on Monday to reserve your seat.

Coach Smith is a legend and has been a Head NCAA D1 Basketball Coach at Tulsa, Georgia, Kentucky (’98 National Champs), Minnesota, Texas Tech, Memphis and is currently the Head Coach at High Point University. He will be covering some of his concepts, philosophies and offer expert advice for coaches during these uncertain times. The clinic will also feature a live Q/A. I hope you can join.

I would love to catch up this week or next on any needs you have for this upcoming season. The new 2020 basketball shoes are all starting to drop and I can walk you through them on a Zoom or Teams call if you are interested in seeing the new lines.

Below is all the info to the free event.

Register Here: https://www.bsnsports.com/ib/tubbysmithbball

Date: Monday, June 8th at 11AM CST

I know most of you all are hoops coaches in here, but we just got the news last night that our summer baseball season is cancelled. I know it was expected, but its really sinking in today. I have had a summer team every summer for the last 2 decades. I know there are much more important things happening in the world right now, but damn.

Good Morning,

Mike Procopio, our BSN Sports Brand Ambassador for Basketball, is hosting a free Webinar this Wednesday at 1PM EST. Pro was the Director of Player Development for the Dallas Mavericks and, prior to that, he was Kobe Bryant’s Strategic Game Management Coach for 4 years. The Lakers won 2 Championships during that 4 year span.

Pro is going to be covering “Development Concepts for Today’s Game” and Pro will be sharing best practices and techniques for player development. We’ll also be doing a Live Q/A. I hope you can carve out an hour or so on Wednesday to make this. We offer free certificates of attendance for coaches who attend and you can request that here – www.bsnsports.com/ib/attendance.

Date: Wednesday, October 21st

Time: 1PM EST

Link to Register: https://www.bsnsports.com/ib/bballpd

addict4sneakers addict4sneakers

Interesting...

I've gotten angry at halftime in the locker room but tried to wrap it up with something positive.
In the coach's defense, this is for television and drama sells. Also, I don't think their allowed to show the X's and O's that goes on in the locker room and or huddle.
"No more jumpers" should maybe be changed to "shoot them when your open" "drive and kick" etc.

Back
Top Bottom