NT College Folks: Open or Closed book/notes exams?

This being finals week for me, I can't figure out whether I enjoy the open book/notes exams or the old fashioned nothing-but-your-brain-and-pencil exams.

The closed everything exams tend to be easier... but I cant help but feel like a dumb $%#@ when I can't figure out something.

The open everything exams... just seem to be harder, and no matter how long you spend going through your notes or the book... it just doesn't work out.

Thoughts? Oh... and good luck on finals if you got any. (Btw Acid... if you're reading this and if you're taking 171a... I guessed on half the exam)

closed book is better. I tell everyone I know that open-notes exams are just tricks: there isn't enough time to go over your notes and write all the answers down on your test. Thus, nless you memorize what is exactly where on your notes, it is kind of lose-lose. Tests are a little harder also.

closed book. i end up barely using my notes on open book exams anyway.

closed book also tends to be more straightforward and fairly graded, but i guess that depends on the professor.

If the option is given for open book. . Of course

Other than that email yourself answers and use your phone. . Duh who hasn't done that

Closed book - it's a lot more obvious what you'll be asked, much more straight forward, and graded more leniently.

Open + Post its =
pimp.gif

Sadly I have never taken a difficult open note exam in my life (I'm in HS though so that will change with the quickness.)

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

i only have one open book test course and it's the hardest course i've ever done
Yup, and some of the questions on my open book quizzes come from the previous chapters that we've read, so I go back and review again.  This is for Governmental Accounting.  I read the chapters thoroughly days before the the quiz is assigned.  And given time constraints, I don't have enough to read over the chapter and notes to use on an open book exam.

I'd go with closed book since its straightforward and you'll know what will be given to you prior to exam day.  If there is a question that I'm stumped on, then  I'll circle my answer based on the context of the question.

I always wish for open book but I definitely prefer closed book seeing that I will put more effort into studying for test.

never had an open book. but i having my comprehensive final exam in A&P 2. Just like in A&P 1, the final will be the same questions on are exams we took this semester. so studying from old exams FTW.

Originally Posted by Bozo7000

never had an open book. but i having my comprehensive final exam in A&P 2. Just like in A&P 1, the final will be the same questions on are exams we took this semester. so studying for old exams FTW.
Getting that A to make up for that mediocre grade on one of your exams = OWWWWW.....
pimp.gif

closed book. i spend too much time looking through notes. Plus i never actually learn anything if I know that I have the notes to fall back on for the test
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

open + ipod touch = instant win

i had a class that was open book/note/laptop, but you better believe those tests were hard as %*#@

Back
Top Bottom