NT College students help!!!

I'm currently taking 2 classes and I'm basically going to end up with around a 2.5 in one class and like a 2.0 in the other. Some stuff happened this quarter which got me a bit distracted. This is my second quarter at this University and last quarter I got a 3.0. The 2 class I'm currently taking aren't going towards my major or anything, don't know why I'm even taking them.

I'm afraid the low grades will hurt my GPA even more and I'm deciding if I should just withdraw and get Ws on my transcript. So help me NT, which path should I choose?

And I'm definitely working hard from here on out as I'm trying to get into the best law school I can. My first 2 years I did pretty good (3.5 gpa) but then transferred and I'm on a 3.0.

So W or low gpa? How much will the Ws hurt? I'm going to explain why I had to withdraw this quarter on my applications that I send to law schools.

W= nothing... just make sure that you dont get carried away with it.. some colleges only allow 3-4 per degree....
GOOD thing you brought this up... because i thinking of doing the SAME thing in one of my classes.. its better then taking the fail..
also make sure that if you DO withdraw that you have enough credit hours to be considered a full time student... thats the problem i was facing
until i noticed that i had 15 hours and i only need 12 to be full time..
i really needed my financial aid and i thought that would hurt it... if you are getting F.A. you might want to talk to one of them in there office before doing it... it could mess you up.
last semester i came out with a 3.1. so your not doing that bad..

my advice is that if you fail your second exam/ midterm.. you might want to consider taking the W.
but the moral of it is to stay on track.. im thinking your like me, i do EVERYTHING last minute... and i do pretty well...
but in the end its not a good habit.. i also know your campus has a tutoring center you may want to look into that...
last resort talk to the teacher about extra C.

first check out how Ws look on your LSAC gpa. Law schools may count a W as a 0.0 so i would check before your withdraw.

Yeah I do everything last minute
laugh.gif
but that's definitely changing (hopefully
smh.gif
)

I'm going to end up with a C- in one class and a C or C+ in the other. It's still going to hurt my GPA.

Not getting financial aid though. Damn, $2000+ down the drain
smh.gif

What are you studying and are you going to grad school? While Ws will help maintain your GPA, but they look bad on your record.

A buddy of mine got turn down for grad school because he has 2 Ws.

if you have no plans for grad school then gpa and W's don't matter at all

firms could care less bout your gpa

if you are planning to go to grad school then you should take the w

2.0's in 2 classes isn't gonna hurt your GPA much at all. I assume they're 3 credit classes, and most schools require around 124+ credits to graduate. Why waste money withdrawing and then waste more money re-taking the classes?

They're both 5 credit classes
smh.gif
and I believe it's 160 credits to graduate. Majoring in LSJ (Law Society Justice) w/ minor in Human Rights.

I plan on going to Law School btw.

6zwow2.jpg

pimp.gif

Since i transferred to a different University last year I have done pretty well

Still don't feel any smarter and their is a good chance I will graduate and not know the things I need to know for my career

Originally Posted by dtb00201

6zwow2.jpg

pimp.gif

Since i transferred to a different University last year I have done pretty well

Still don't feel any smarter and their is a good chance I will graduate and not know the things I need to know for my career
sick.gif

Good #%+@ though.

if you don't have 3.5+, you need to get off nt.

just sayin'...

Originally Posted by Koopa2410

if you don't have 3.5+, you need to get off nt.

just sayin'...
You're probably right too
tired.gif

If it wasn't for NT, Facebook, and all those other internet distractions, I'd be on top of my class
smh.gif

Not sure if your school has this, but at mine we can switch a class from graded to "pass/no pass". When you switch a class to this it will not count towards your GPA, but it still gives you credit for the class if you pass it. Pass I believe is a C or above, but I could be wrong. You may want to see if your school offers that option.

My school does offer the pass/no pass option but it's too late to choose that. I'm already on like week 9 and week 7 was the deadline.

a W or two won't hurt too much. It beats failing a class.

My personal take on it is this: I never drop a class unless I know for sure I'm going to fail. If I pass with a C or something... then so be it. The time you spent on that class will never come back if you take a W, and taking that class again (or any other class for that matter) just puts you back that many units, if you know what I mean.

If it's a class that doesn't relate to what you wanna specialize in, then it's not a big deal. Grad schools/Companies will focus more on the classes you took for your major.

I don't know about your university but you may wanna see an advisor. I had friends who were suspended for their low gpa

Back
Top Bottom