NT Community Service Thread: Volume Giving Back

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

I was with u till u started talkin bout cats n dogs
laugh.gif
... Ive rescued several sgrays n dont get me wrong its fufulling n sumthin that needs more focus on around many netropolitian areas w/ the amount of strays etc but cmon fam.
What do you mean come on? Nobody should be ignored. I work with kids already, not sure why animals shouldn't be taken seriously as well.

I volunteer at my local no kill shelter, Philadelphia Animal Welfare Society (P.A.W.S.) - http://phillypaws.org/
i think it should be taken seriously no doubt... i guess it jus rubbed me the wrong way cuz it kinda felt like u were putting them on the same plane... equally important

helping starving children > caring for stray animals

IMO anyway but maybe that jus me

I feel they are on the same plane though. I don't think humans > animals at all. Animals need our helps just as much as humans do. It is OUR world. OUR = living beings. Not humans.

So I can't agree with your there man.

I work at an After School program at one of the local elementary schools. Before I go into work, I volunteer to help out the teachers by watching over the kids during their planning periods or during their lunch. I just wanted to say you never know the impact that you can have on a child's life. You don't know what kid's go through at home, so you want to make sure that when they are around you at school that they enjoy it. A lot of kids don't have positive male influences in their life.

So if you have the time go through the volunteering screening process at a local school so that you can help out.

Pass Along Please

Please Share this blessing with those in need. Recipients must bring their own Bags & Be on Time.

Our friends from People Helping People has sent us an updated list for Free Food.

1. Mobile Food Pantry 2411 Pinebrook Ave. Landover Md. 20785 -301-386-2278- 9am - Until
· July 5th - July 19th; August 2nd - August 16th; September 6th - September 20th
· October 4th - October 18th; - November 1st - November 15th;
December 6th
· December 20th

2. Seat Pleasant Community Center 6195 Central Ave Across from Safeway Shopping Center
· Every 1st and 3rd Friday at 1-3 pm
· Every 2nd and 4th Friday at 8am -12 noon

3. Christian Life Center 5600 Taylor Rd Rivedale Md 20737
· Every Monday at 1:30 - 3:30 pm

4. Charles Carroll Middle School 6130 Lamont Drive New Carrollton Md
· July 20th - August 25th, September 22nd, October 27th, November 17th December 22nd - 9am - Until

5. PG County Social Services Free Food Program:
· October 17th - Temples Hills Iverson Mall
In front of Burlington Coat Factory, 3737 Branch Ave Hillcrest Heights Md. 20748 - 4 -6pm
· October 18th - Brandywine Gwynn Park High School
Dyson Rd Parking Lot 13800 Brandywine Rd Brandywine, MD 20613
4-7pm
· November 21st - Temple Hills Iverson Mall
In front of Burlington Coat Factory, 3737 Branch Ave Hillcrest Heights Md. 20748 - 4 -6pm
· November 22nd - Brandywine Gwynn Park High School
Dyson Rd Parking Lot 13800 Brandywine Rd Brandywine, MD 20613 -
4-7pm
· December 19th - Largo The Blvd at the Capital Centre
Rear parking Lot, 861 Capital Center Blvd Largo, MD. 20774 - 4-6 pm
· December 20th - Brandywine Gwynn Park High School
Dyson Rd Parking Lot 13800 Brandywine Rd Brandywine, MD 20613
4-7pm

6. DC Hunger Solutions - 202-986-2200 .
· This will help with Free Summer Meals and offer two (2) meals per Child: Breakfast & Lunchor Breakfast & Dinner or One Meal & a Snack. Child must be under 19 years old.
· For Seniors it's Free Food Bank at 6455 Taylor St NE
202-526-3344.

I was forced to do around 500 hours of community service by courts for multiple offenses. Aside from smoking bud with co-workers and pulling females at Goodwill it was the worst time of my life, 9 hours felt like 9 weeks. I got tired of it and I got caught signing that I was there for 2+ more hours when I left earlier so I had to do community service for the city. Aside from having to get there by 4:00 am, other community service workers ordering me around telling me I'm not doing something correctly and not being able to pull females (it was mostly dudes and old grandmas), it wasn't that bad - except the day they had me clean the park urinals and pick up trash around the park. I was SO happy when I was finished.

The times I did volunteer, it was with other students from my University from the "Save the Planet" club. We helped "Heal the Bay" and the times I went with them, we went to Venice Beach and Long Beach to clean it up for about an hour. It was an easy way of pulling chicks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom