NT, convince me "cutting the cord" is a good idea

Theres a few factors to consider for that answer... price point? What are you trying to do? Home size? Two in ones can be good depending on what brand you buy. Just don't get the gateway that your ISP provides. The wireless cards in them are pretty cheap.

i'm in a condo that's about 1000 square feet.

The ones xifinity provides are two-in ones, right?

what's a good price point?

Im actually not too familiar with Xfinity man, sorry. Honestly, my suggestion would be the Netgear Nighthawk series. You can find them right around $175-200. Costco and Sams are always putting them on sale. Its dual band(even tri-band) wireless and will provide more than enough coverage and capability for your condo.

Modem is for connecting to the internet and the router gives you wifi access

I cut the cord back in September and no regrets so far, not missing out on anything and my bill is dumb cheap :pimp:

NO. You gotta roll with both, especially if you want the more adult stuff. Also, Disney+ is just Disney. You aren't getting anything from any of the non-Disney channels.

Disney+ has a bundle with Hulu and ESPN+ for $12.99. wife was paying $10.99 for Hulu with no commercials so it was a no brainer to get the bundle.

Got the free year with Verizon for D+ and I have Hulu Live TV and the no commercial plan which is about $65/month, wonder how much it will be if I was to try the bundle

My understanding is that the Disney+ bundle with Hulu doesn’t come with Hulu + Live TV, just Hulu’s streaming service, worth pointing out for those that are considering cancelling Hulu that have Live TV with it.

That's why I hadn't even bothered trying to do the bundle just yet
Wouldn't even make sense since I'm getting D+ free for 12 months
Next year I'll cross that bridge

Welp Hulu Live is going up from $45 to $55. Only a matter of time before Youtube TV hits the $60+ range too. Sling TV still steady at $25 but it's definitely the weakest in terms of streaming/reliability IMO so you get what you pay for.

Im actually not too familiar with Xfinity man, sorry. Honestly, my suggestion would be the Netgear Nighthawk series. You can find them right around $175-200. Costco and Sams are always putting them on sale. Its dual band(even tri-band) wireless and will provide more than enough coverage and capability for your condo.

i forget which store but these are definitely hitting sales for BF.

Back
Top Bottom