NT, convince me "cutting the cord" is a good idea

I just did it, bros.

I'm afraid.

How will I watch Better Call Saul live?
frown.gif
Idk what you're using, but usually about an hour after the show, you can watch it.
Amazon Fire TV w/ Kodi pushed me to the edge.
laugh.gif

Can I get warned for mentioning that here?
embarassed.gif

Thanks.

Last edited:
That's what I would do. I had to reinstall the repo one time also. Make sure you clear Ur cache too.

Last edited by a moderator:
laugh.gif

Literally just off the phone with cablevision. Got optimum ultra 50mbps and basic cable for 60.99

Im picking up the firestick tomorrow
If you can go amazon tv. Much better device for cutting the cord and whats been mention.

laugh.gif

Literally just off the phone with cablevision. Got optimum ultra 50mbps and basic cable for 60.99

Im picking up the firestick tomorrow
If you can go amazon tv. Much better device for cutting the cord and whats been mention.
Whats the difference?

I have a FireTV and when the stick dropped I was mad because I was under the assumption that it was more or less the same thing.
laugh.gif

I thought they were the samething? 
laugh.gif
Stick is WIFI only, TV has Ethernet.
Yeah, that really isn't worth the difference in price, IMO.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Ethernet is huge for streaming content. A lot of times it could be the host (stuttering, buffering) but that wired connection is clutch.

Whats the difference?

I have a FireTV and when the stick dropped I was mad because I was under the assumption that it was more or less the same thing.
laugh.gif

Yeah, that really isn't worth the difference in price, IMO.
laugh.gif
The fire tv is hands down is just a more powerful device, faster processor, more ram, ethernet port as @rillo561  mention is big a plus. Also as you begin adjusting the addons to find the best quality you'll notice what the box can handle over the stick.

Last edited:
Could be the Fire Stick and it's strength? The components under the hood is what made me choose the Nexus Player over the First Stick. I wanted the Nvidia box but that price is too rich for my blood right now.
will look into different devices. Thanks.

You streaming local content on the ps4?
I was downloading The Division over Ethernet and it took all night. Wireless was much faster for some odd reason.

Whats the difference?

I have a FireTV and when the stick dropped I was mad because I was under the assumption that it was more or less the same thing.:lol:  

Yeah, that really isn't worth the difference in price, IMO.:lol:

The fire tv is hands down is just a more powerful device, faster processor, more ram, ethernet port as @rillo561
 mention is big a plus. Also as you begin adjusting the addons to find the best quality you'll notice what the box can handle over the stick.
I didn't even know adjusting addons was possible. Thanks for the info though, makes a lot of sense.

I bought the FireTV right when it dropped, so when the stick dropped I felt duped.:lol:

The Fire tv has much better performance, things just run smoother. That said, the stick is adequate, had no issues with it until I got the Fire TV.

Anyone know how to install the add-on Advanced Launcher thoroughly on Kodi? I have it installed but I'm struggling with the configuration.  I'm trying to get PC games. Any work around for Advanced Launcher will do. I'm not hell bent on using Adv. Launcher but at the moment i don't know of another way to get pc games.  I was able to get my Xbox one remote configured. I just need these damn games! PLZ HELP!! lol 

Anyone know how to install the add-on Advanced Launcher thoroughly on Kodi? I have it installed but I'm struggling with the configuration.  I'm trying to get PC games. Any work around for Advanced Launcher will do. I'm not hell bent on using Adv. Launcher but at the moment i don't know of another way to get pc games.  I was able to get my Xbox one remote configured. I just need these damn games! PLZ HELP!! lol 
 I thought the developer cancelled Advanced Launcher as of beginning of this year?

Yes you are right. Throughout my research I have found a few statements confirming that like the one below.
UPDATE: 2016-01-05 Advanced Launcher has been discontinued by its author and all links to its repository have been deleted. I am investigating alternatives and will post again once I have an answer. Until then, please check the comments section for further information.
Is there another way to get PC games on your Kodi? I need Tomb Raider and Hitman!!

I'm sure this question has been asked a million times. 

How is Kodi for watching sports !?!... will I be able to get Canadian channels (Raptor games on TSN/Sportsnet when the season comes back in October?)

Also, beyond getting the box, are there any other costs associated with it? 

and my last question is... it seems sort of complicated. I want to turn on my device when i get home from work and put on the game in like 3 clicks max. Is this possible?

Last edited:
believe kodi talk is restricted.

very good news - about 2 months ago Sling upgraded the server bandwidth, so streaming is super smooth now, no problems whatsoever 8)

Back
Top Bottom