NT DJs / Producers / Musicians

might be mac vs pc making the difference with that 3 gb. just guessing cuz i had 4 and kontakt would kill my comp. not literally freeze it but you know how it gets with VSTs when they start responding slow, clicking, and popping.

Don't buy into that Mac vs pc hype please. Hardware is hardware doesn't matter what case it's in. Not to mention compatibility NOT being Mac's strength.

If your ram isn't up to par, buy more ram. It's cheap nowadays.

Don't buy into that Mac vs pc hype please. Hardware is hardware doesn't matter what case it's in. Not to mention compatibility NOT being Mac's strength.

i have 12. i said that because dude said it ran fine on his laptop with 2

I feel you. Its all personal preference. I was PC my whole life, use to build towers and gaming computers, after i switched over to Mac in 06 i never looked back.

And as far as RAM is concerned, I think i paid about 300$ for 8gb ram and that was 3 years ago, and its still running flawless, so by far the best investment i have made, and it cost 300$ cheaper to install it yourself. 
might be mac vs pc making the difference with that 3 gb. just guessing cuz i had 4 and kontakt would kill my comp. not literally freeze it but you know how it gets with VSTs when they start responding slow, clicking, and popping.
Do you disable the VST's that your not using?

I feel you. Its all personal preference. I was PC my whole life, use to build towers and gaming computers, after i switched over to Mac in 06 i never looked back.

And as far as RAM is concerned, I think i paid about 300$ for 8gb ram and that was 3 years ago, and its still running flawless, so by far the best investment i have made, and it cost 300$ cheaper to install it yourself. 

Do you disable the VST's that your not using?
nah i need to hear what im playing along with. i dont have that problem anymore tho.

Trying to get back on making beats and have no clue on what's out there now. I used to mess with FL, reasons and cool edit pro. I also had an akai 2000.

I was looking at the akai mpc renaissance. Thoughts?

Trying to get back on making beats and have no clue on what's out there now. I used to mess with FL, reasons and cool edit pro. I also had an akai 2000.

I was looking at the akai mpc renaissance. Thoughts?

The Renaissance is really a small update to the original mpc. I advise you to hit a Sam Ash and try it and the machine out. See which you like better. Personally I like the maschine

Some new ****, ignore the title

recheck the notes on your 808s, im pretty sure some of them are offkey. but despite that very solid beat. VERY solid.

You're right. Just went back and fixed it. Thanks man. I hate tuning 808s :x I usually play them at a really high octave because it's easier to tell the pitch. Kinda rushed through this beat though

Last edited:
You're right. Just went back and fixed it. Thanks man. I hate tuning 808s
sick.gif
I usually play them at a really high octave because it's easier to tell the pitch. Kinda rushed through this beat though
thats exactly how u do it. play that ish an octave up just to double check lol. yea, tuning 808s is NOT fun. thats the problem with sampled packs. somehow all the 808s are offkey lol

How did you end up with an odd number of RAM? I ran Kontakt on 2gb Ram with my old Laptop, so maybe something else is freezing it up.

Idk that's what's my computer says bruh. Can't be anything else because I take good care of my laptop and I can run multiple other VSTs with no problem.

Idk that's what's my computer says bruh. Can't be anything else because I take good care of my laptop and I can run multiple other VSTs with no problem.
only asking because i had 4 gb in a older laptop and 1 gb went bad. Maybe you have 3 1gb sticks. You should just Max out your RAM, Im on 8gb now, and i can have 10-15 Large VSTS running smoothly. I also install all factory library's externally, and programs internally.

What 808 is he using?

Sounds like one of the Vybe ones with some changes. Someone help me out 
nerd.gif

​
 ​
What 808 is he using?​
 ​
Sounds like one of the Vybe ones with some changes. Someone help me out 
nerd.gif

Just one of the basic 808 soundfonts with what sounds like a distortion put on it.  Just gotta cycle through your 808 soundfonts putting distortion on all of them and you'll find it. 

I want to make a simple mix with my macbook. I downloaded cross dj from the appstore but i'm kind of lost. Can anyone link me to a decent tutorial or something? I desperately want to learn how to mix on a really elementary level just through the app on the maxbook and then move on to actual decks or something. I have so many good tracks on deck but idk how to mix them. Hell, i'm even down for an automix option if its available. I got the playlists down, just need a way to transition smoothly.

Any help at all would be appreciated

Back
Top Bottom