NT, Do You Consider This New Era Hat To Be Racially Insensitive?

No more than the logo itself...it's actually a quick history lesson, America superimposed all over the indian and all.

People get too worked up about the flag...it's snazzy and all, but all these rules and protocols regarding its' display and use...go play somewhere.

I mean, there's a pro sports team called the "********"...can you imagine if we had a team called the Bay Area Blackskins or something? If that's not offensive, using the flag on a hat shouldn't be.

...and yes, the hat is ugly.

Actually what the FB people are getting at is the all over print on his face makes it look like blackface. So racially insensitive logo got even more racist.

Last edited:
Hmm...I guess I can see that. It is kinda blackfacey. Still, they've made black Indians hats before and nobody's ever complained this loudly. Besides, native Americans aren't black, so I'd only expect bred people to be truly offended by that particular aspect.

Never really understood why people were against these logos and team names. Blackhawks, ********, Chiefs it's all part of the team history no real racism is behind those names anymore. I affiliate these words more so with the teams than native Americans. I do understand the black face comments though, that was just poor product design. A crappy looking hat also. Just keep it moving playboi :smh:

Never knew you weren't allowed to wear flag, guess I can't wear my merica chubbies... Anyway, people are getting too worked over this, Im pretty sure New Era didn't plan this out on purpose. People are getting too shook over minor things now a days

View media item 439721
i think the ******** are changing their name....it's super offensive, not many people understand why though

p.s. US Flag etiquette is ridiculous...i wanted to buy a flag but there's soooo many ways to disrespect it

Last edited:
Hmm...I guess I can see that. It is kinda blackfacey. Still, they've made black Indians hats before and nobody's ever complained this loudly. Besides, native Americans aren't black, so I'd only expect bred people to be truly offended by that particular aspect.

:x

Never really understood why people were against these logos and team names. Blackhawks, ********, Chiefs it's all part of the team history no real racism is behind those names anymore. I affiliate these words more so with the teams than native Americans. I do understand the black face comments though, that was just poor product design. A crappy looking hat also. Just keep it moving playboi :smh:

What does no real racism mean? Is ******** not offensive an name or description? Is the Cleveland Indians logo not a representation that Native Americans find pejorative?

I don't think this hat particular version of the hat makes it more racist. But I do think you are denial if you think there are no racial negative connotations behind these used trademarks. It's just a reflection of how ignorant we can be.

Chief Wahoo is pretty insensitive and decorating it for July 4th makes it worse. I thought they were phasing him out for the giant "C" anyways?

Last edited:
I mean "Chiefs"/"Braves" and others like that are cool, but "********" is a direct and literal reference to the color of a person's skin and nothing more. It's not even necessarily a warrior, it could just as easily be the village doctor or the ugly medicine woman. ********. ********. ********. ********. Come on.

I'm not sure how to feel about tribal names ("Blackhawks"/"Seminoles") or even "Indians". I guess if it's okay with the tribesmen (which I believe is the case for Florida, at least) then it's fine with me.

"Chief Wahoo" tho
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
Logo is already insensitive. It's a clear caricature of Native Americans

Adding the flag on top of it given the history of Native Americans in this country is insensitive as well

The Cleveland Indians logo and team name period is racially insensitive. I have no problem with teams being named after Native American tribes but ******** and Indians are just horrible and should be changed. :smh:

So embarrassing. I've never been a big sports apparel dude, but what little I do have has been Chief Wahooless for a long time.

I really can't believe they're bringing back the stars and stripes one with him. This same controversy came up a few years back and they did away with it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom