NT, Do You Pay Everything On First Date? Vol: Am I Cheap?

So, that's the question.

Guys, do you pay everything on first date? Restaurant, Cinema, whatever you do with her?
Girls, SHOULD we pay everything?

For a first date, I have no problem paying. It's usually nothing more than dinner and a movie, or something inexpensive anyway, so it's not like I have to reach too deep.

After a few dates or if a relationship develops, going dutch every now and then wouldn't be a problem either.

Coming from a true gentleman you always should take care of that.. dont be cheap .. bruh.. but there is a but.. its a recession son.. if you aint got dont go broke over some chick you that you want even remember in five years lol.. unless she have your baby , then you'll be paying for more than a dinner .. wrap up be safe make good decisions .. Good luck..~!!!!!!!!!!

paying on a first date lets the girl know your intentions imo

if i go to the movies with a girl and she's payin for her ticket, that seems like a quick way to friendzone yourself..

For the most part, I pay for the date but my general rule is I cover the first 3 dates.
After that, it depends on how everything is.

For a first date, I have no problem paying. It's usually nothing more than dinner and a movie, or something inexpensive anyway, so it's not like I have to reach too deep.

After a few dates or if a relationship develops, going dutch every now and then wouldn't be a problem either.

yeah i pay on the first date.  usually it's like if you ask her to go out then you should pay, but if she asks you to go out then it's whatever if you want to pay or if she insists...

Originally Posted by RFX45

For the most part, I pay for the date but my general rule is I cover the first 3 dates.
After that, it depends on how everything is.
I'm with the well dressed man over here...I don't mind really because

1. I'm also going out and having a good time (if all goes well)

2. I'm planning to smash eventually

so I get my moneys worth
pimp.gif

I think guys should pay on the first date, after that, it could be split or she pays or take turns, thats always fair.

Originally Posted by BallinB

paying on a first date is a must, you're a scrub if you think otherwise

this.. don't listen to the "simp" remarks form others 
grin.gif

unless she's just someone youre trying to smash.. 
grin.gif

I don't believe in the whole guy paying for everything mindset.

First date: 50/50

Then if it went well and it looks like we'd go on a few more, I'd take him out and then he take me out for the next. I like to keep it all even.

I can see where your coming from with the 50/50 but I've never been brave enough to do so

like I can't ask a girl out like lets go to a movie (or whatever it may be) and get there and be like

"yo that'll be $10.50"

I expect to pay on the first date especially if I asked her out...after that really depends on the girl

Originally Posted by biff lawson

I can see where your coming from with the 50/50 but I've never been brave enough to do so

like I can't ask a girl out like lets go to a movie (or whatever it may be) and get there and be like

"yo that'll be $10.50"

laugh.gif
I can't imagine going to dinner and when the check comes you just wait for her grab the check first or offer to pay.
I mean it is nice if she offered, thats a plus, but that just doesn't work for me. It'll be way too awkward pulling a George Costanza.

Originally Posted by jpap348

I expect to pay on the first date especially if I asked her out...after that really depends on the girl

Really? Is that just the whole mindset over there? Damn, I'd front up to the date expecting to pay my own way unless the dude fully said 'I'm paying' before we went out

You should always pay on the 1st date, because or else you look like a scrub and therefore most likely are. Don't go all out though and plan a trip to some fancy amusement park, some expensive dinner, helicopter tour, or some crap like that. Keep it real and take her to dinner and then walk around a park or beach.

I don't understand the going to a movie, it's like a waste of a first date.

the movie thing was an example....what to do on a first date is a debatable topic in itself

but honestly a date shouldn't break your pockets and if it does maybe you're doing too much

waits to see my dude DC Americans response.

really though with me, its all about my mood and how im feeling. if im with the girl and everything is going smoothly and they come across as being considerate and don't expect everything handed to them then i dont mind paying out of the goodness of my heart.

if things are going awkwardly then na that broad could pay for herself and for me.

Back
Top Bottom