NT Dropped my iPhone in water

Yo NT, just dropped my iPhone in water but its working fine for now. should I be worried and I don't have insurance. anyone had this problem before 

Fill a bowl with rice, turn it off, bury the phone in the rice and leave it overnight.

You should turn it off, pull the battery, and let it air dry for a good 24-48 hours depending on how submerged it got.

Don't put a blow dryer/heat to it, you will fry everything inside.

should be fine after the rice....that is until you have to update it. My girl did the same thing and it worked fine then she went to update it about a month later and it got stuck on the connect to itunes screen. Took it to apple and there was nothing they could do for her. She had to buy a new phone.....and she had insurance smh

Originally Posted by SoLeCiTy

Put it in the microwave, watch the magic happen

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Do the rice thing, it WORKS

Originally Posted by mdwst9

should be fine after the rice....that is until you have to update it. My girl did the same thing and it worked fine then she went to update it about a month later and it got stuck on the connect to itunes screen. Took it to apple and there was nothing they could do for her. She had to buy a new phone.....and she had insurance smh

If she had insurance then she should have filed a claim, if she didn't, and she would've had to pay a deductible.  

Couldn't you break the screen and get the whole phone replaced? My Sprint retailer told me I can replace the phone twice a year for $50 each time

phone screen is basically saying error with all these codes so I think its over..the phone is off for now..im at work gana go home and put it in a bowl of rice and hope it works..dammm feels batman

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by mdwst9

If she had insurance then she should have filed a claim, if she didn't, and she would've had to pay a deductible.  
she has verizon but she didnt go there. She went to apple and she told them she has insurance from verizon, and they told her she can get a new phone for $140. You have any info on filing a claim? She was not aware of this.

Water damage is usually the kiss of the death.

Putting it in rice will help try to absorb the moisture, but sometimes the internal damage has already been done. 

Good luck. 

you shouldnt have turned it on.

always always always remember when you drop a phone in water immediately dry it off and put it in a bowl/bag of rice and leave it there for a day or two.

Originally Posted by ErickM713

Fill a bowl with rice, turn it off, bury the phone in the rice and leave it overnight.

Happened to my friend the yesterday and she did this.. and it worked

Originally Posted by BigShake

Still curious how NT dropped your iphone in water, very curioussss

i think he is trying to call us NT.
 Like Big Shake, i just dropped_________

turn it off
put it in a bag of rice
leave it in for a day

should work with out rice too
just leave it off for a day

if you keep using it after it dropped in water it can make it worse srs

laugh.gif