NT EXPLAIN SOMETHING TO ME: I MISS THE OLD NT

Being on, and active on this board since 2001 (when I got my first computer), I've noticed the change in not only the general forum... but in all avenues of  people who claim to be from this board. From twitter, face-to-face, IG, etc. What ever happened to respect, more specifically nt'ers helping out other NT'ers. I remember the days when we had proxy's that would not only post up releases but would camp, cop, and ship shoes to you at cost. Now all it takes is a release, quick flight club search and now NT'ers are selling to other NT'ers at flight club prices, and dudes pay it! Smh!

I'm not knocking anyone's hustle but when someone posts something for sale and it's on or very close to sticker price dudes want to undercut and expect no less than 30-60% off, or you are labeled any number of undesirable titles. That's just one example.

NT never used to be the place where trolls were spawned and trained. It used to be a place where sneaker fans connected with other sneaker fans and talked sneakers, life, and all things fun. Now its amateur comedians testing out jokes.

Is this what you want to be apart of?

Man it's still dudes out here doing a solid for folks. And then there are folks charging flight club prices as if flight club is the end all be all. I don't know about other nters but as soon as someone says "flight club is charging...." that's where the convo stops and I refuse to buy your shoes.

At the end of the day it's too much thirst in this hobby now

I get what you mean.
tired.gif

Can't blame NT tho, community is too large and the "sneaker" game has gone super commercial.

Originally Posted by Young Handsome

You can leave. We don't need you.

i don't think i came in here asking for thank you/get well soon cards did I? what level troll are you here? you have ribbons and medals next to your name too?

It would be interesting to see Stats from NT. How much traffic goes to each forum though the years. I bet back in the day most of the traffic went to sneaker related forums, and now most goes to general.. Sneaker collecting went from a kinda nerdy underground type of thing to more mainstream and profitable proposition. Not only that Sneaker companies have go out of their way to produce more and more "limited" and "exclusive" shoes. So of course the resellers are going to flock to try to make a couple of bucks. What I do is just come to NT for the laughs in general. For shoes I don't need a message board to tell me whats cool, I just buy what I like.

Originally Posted by DRETHEMAN

It would be interesting to see Stats from NT. How much traffic goes to each forum though the years. I bet back in the day most of the traffic went to sneaker related forums, and now most goes to general.. Sneaker collecting went from a kinda nerdy underground type of thing to more mainstream and profitable proposition. Not only that Sneaker companies have go out of their way to produce more and more "limited" and "exclusive" shoes. So of course the resellers are going to flock to try to make a couple of bucks. What I do is just come to NT for the laughs in general. For shoes I don't need a message board to tell me whats cool, I just buy what I like.
no truer words.

Originally Posted by ATMOSquare

i don't think i came in here asking for thank you/get well soon cards did I? what level troll are you here? you have ribbons and medals next to your name too?

you super triple OG NT dudes kill me.

General had it's best run between 04-07 imo.

It aint the same today, but some of us are still here.

Originally Posted by Sleaze Jar Omens

you super triple OG NT dudes kill me.

THIS!!! The only constant in life is CHANGE. Everything changes. NT changed. If you don't like it, you can leave. We don't need you.

That's life...everybody always misses the old _______....everything has changes, it's just the way it is...best to just enjoy it for what it is...

this is about to turn into an ethering 
laugh.gif

OP is looking for OG's to come to rescue but personally I enjoy Niketalk just as much as I did back then...trolls keep generally moving

But it's not entirely a NikeTalk issue. It has to do with the information and social networking age we're in and Nike's affinity to release limited kicks just because they know they will sell out and the riots and mayhem that will ensue.

You can't really fault someone for hitting another over the head when there is such a grandiose model for such behavior. But Nike's never the scapegoat as long as they hold a place in our heart and childhood.

I haven't been here since '01 like you guys have, but even I remember the days of Jordan Brand Forum being something of a great place.

Now all it is is "Which DS pair should I buy?" and "How do ___ fit?" and other pointless crap. Let's not forget the countless amounts of trolling and "riddles" to find websites that are selling shoes.

NT is going down the drain and you'll notice it because a lot of the OG heads don't even go into Jordan Brand forum anymore, they just stick to General and little threads that have aged well. All the new kids on the block that are only temporary are going to be drained out eventually, then hopefully NT will be back to what it was.

Until then, I guess we just sit here and wait for the day to come.
tired.gif

i'm not looking for anyone or anything. I just felt like something needed to be said. of course things change, but you, and all the other trolls in this post haven't said anything worth anything but take shots at me for speaking up. Forgive me for being here before you, but you can't censor me or how i feel when its pertinent to why i'm a member here in the first place. I don't care for you as much as you dont care for me. you couldve moved on to the next topic and kept your irrelevant keystrokes to yourself.

Originally Posted by Shorty Doo Wop

This is general tho half us dudes could give two %*+@$ about kicks

real life famb.. we about making life decisions, getting money, and looking at fine wimmiez...
pimp.gif

What do you want? a response like "Mannn old NT
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
""

#*+@ still won't change the fact that NT has changed and will continue to change.

i'm not looking for anyone or anything. I just felt like something needed to be said. of course things change, but you, and all the other trolls in this post haven't said anything worth anything but take shots at me for speaking up. Forgive me for being here before you, but you can't censor me or how i feel when its pertinent to why i'm a member here in the first place. I don't care for you as much as you dont care for me. you couldve moved on to the next topic and kept your irrelevant keystrokes to yourself.

RUaem.jpg

2001 was 11 years ago, aint nothing on the internet the same from 2001

You cant blame people for trying to make a dollar if you have people that are willing to pay those prices

Do I think its stupid? yes...and thats why I don't spend MY money with the resellers. If the next man wants to do that, it shouldn't bother you, me, or anyone else

Its the internet, ppl have to stop looking for camaraderie and bromances and everything will be alright

2004-2008 was NT's heyday.

I miss the old NT but I know it's gone and never coming back. Just glad I was around then to be a part of it.

Back
Top Bottom