NT Fam Need Help with my WFH internet situation for my apartment

Long time lurker here.

To make a long story short I started this new dope job in August. I'm in the bay area and like every company here I have been working remotely since I started (Work in software sales). I recently moved to a studio apartment in South San Fransico and have been here for about a month and a half now.

I have a huge problem with my internet connection and it's stopping me from doing my job since WFH. To make matters worse I work in Sales so I use zoom for multiple hours a day and can now barely stay on customer /internal calls.

The issue has persisted for the last 3 weeks but now has really come on my radar this week with work ramping up for the new year and increased workload. As far as addressing the issue on my own these are the steps I have taken
  • called AT&T inquired about improving my internet connection and they informed me that I am running at the highest speed for my already. And the only other options would be to have someone come out and improve the wiring in my residence (which is only possible if you live in a home so no go). Or wait until they upgrade the speed in that area (uhh I need to work today lol)
  • Went ahead bought a router and installed it to see if that would improve the connection....Nope same result.
  • Asked about moving units....have not heard a response yet
I am super annoyed b/c the leasing agent who handles my account for the past 2 days has been unable to give me solutions to fix this and besides profusely apologizing and saying he is reaching out to his manager about it. I have let know this is something that is mission-critical to my job I cannot afford to wait for a solution as this is affecting my day to day employment.

When he sold me this unit I explicitly told him I WFH so having good internet connection was paramount yet here we are.

What are my options are far as improving the connection or potentially letting me break the lease and move somewhere else? (I know that 2nd part is hopeful but I don't know how they expect me to pay rent if I don't have a job lol)

If the apart

Used to work at At&T, their service is absolute trash unless you have fiber optic. You can’t go with another provider for your internet?

worst case, you can get a usb cell card from your cell provider and use that for your workstation.

Check T-Mobile. I got a 5G hotspot with 100 GB plan for $50 a month (paid for the hotspot upfront, $400, but can be financed). It worked good for my video calls when I was in between home ISPs.

Back
Top Bottom