NT Fam, What is the BEST way to get over a long term relationship?

Girl and I broke up about two months ago. Long overdue break up, constant arguing and not getting along. We decided to take a break, she tells me about a 1 1/2 months ago she never wants to get back with me and she's happy single. Shes 19, I'm 20 btw. I head off to San Diego to get my mind of things in the beginning of August and she hits me up hella ridin and hella missing me and she tells me she wants to work on things. So from then on we've been great, always happy and smiling. Yesterday she comes and tells me she doesnt want to get back with me and shes happy talking to this other guy who meshes with her good and they get along great. I finally took a drastic step and changed my number, deleted my FB, and decided to dead her after all. Went out with her for 3 years, did everything for this chick literally. What is the best way to get my mind of things because currently I'm hurting and I don't want to get F'd over again.

you already took the hardest step and that's deading her from your life.
actually the hardest part is keeping your distance cuz eventually you're gonna wanna see/talk to her etc.
the best you can do is chill with your boys, talk to other women, focus on other things.
basically just keep yourself busy
i'm sire you already knew that but there's nothing more you can do really

Went though something similar earlier this year. Best advice I can give you is to get out and talk to other girls, etc. It'll get your mind off of it. That + Time will get you over it.

daps OP.

so far so good, but now you have to stay firm and keep her out of your life. It's obvious that she wants to see if the grass is greener on the other side.
When she realizes that it's not, she'll once again come crawling back and ask for another chance and what not.
DO NOT GIVE IN.
STAY STRONG.

keep yourself busy and you'll be straight. Another girl will come along and be 10x better than your ex.

An NTer put it best a few months ago, so I'm going to paraphrase him.

"The thing that pushes you back to your ex are the great memories that you built together that keep flashing back to you and want you to go back to that person. Therefore, build great memories with someone new and you'll replace the old ones with new ones."

Originally Posted by LetItShine24

Girl and I broke up about two months ago. Long overdue break up, constant arguing and not getting along. We decided to take a break, she tells me about a 1 1/2 months ago she never wants to get back with me and she's happy single. Shes 19, I'm 20 btw. I head off to San Diego to get my mind of things in the beginning of August and she hits me up hella ridin and hella missing me and she tells me she wants to work on things. So from then on we've been great, always happy and smiling. Yesterday she comes and tells me she doesnt want to get back with me and shes happy talking to this other guy who meshes with her good and they get along great. I finally took a drastic step and changed my number, deleted my FB, and decided to dead her after all. Went out with her for 3 years, did everything for this chick literally. What is the best way to get my mind of things because currently I'm hurting and I don't want to get F'd over again.

I applaud you sir. You were her fall back guy while she tried out new penis. Not no more
pimp.gif

Its different for everyone but for me it was time that allowed me to get over it.

Originally Posted by melofan15

you already took the hardest step and that's deading her from your life.
actually the hardest part is keeping your distance cuz eventually you're gonna wanna see/talk to her etc.
the best you can do is chill with your boys, talk to other women, focus on other things.
basically just keep yourself busy
i'm sire you already knew that but there's nothing more you can do really

Take this advice.

You'll feel like she may have been the one, but after time/ girls/ going out. it will get easier. Dont isolate yourself, talk to people.

If you're ever thinking about her, think about the negative things about her. Get a new girl/date/hook up anything will help. Getting into working out helped me a lot

damn what sucks is that you took her back probably because you had good intentions in your heart, but she was probably seeking attention and once she got enough of it from you...she decided to see if the grass was greener.

lesson learned...live your life meng.

you never really get over it but you learn to get stronger.

nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg

As cliche as it may sound, the best way to get over it is to move on

im not saying go out tomorrow and meet someone new

but when that time comes and you move on,the healing process begins

Here's 2 mistakes:

1) Taking a break in the first place.

That's basically a signal for "I don't wanna actually be with you anyway, so let me go hit up a different crop of guys
until I feel like I miss and need you"

2) Being 20 and already being in a long-term relationship.

You have no idea how many possibly better females you missed out on, both physically and emotionally.
So basically, do what CripwalkinK said. You'll eventually get over it.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Here's 2 mistakes:

1) Taking a break in the first place.

That's basically a signal for "I don't wanna actually be with you anyway, so let me go hit up a different crop of guys
until I feel like I miss and need you"

2) Being 20 and already being in a long-term relationship.

You have no idea how many possibly better females you missed out on, both physically and emotionally.
So basically, do what CripwalkinK said. You'll eventually get over it.

well put, op you're already making steps to get over her, kudos

Watch pr0nz and pretend like youre in a relationship with the actress/actor
yeah you get your way every time 
devil.gif

Originally Posted by BroComeAtMe

devil.gif

nah because right before he lets off his load he will be thinking about her

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Originally Posted by BroComeAtMe

devil.gif

nah because right before he lets off his load he will be thinking about her

...come on man I'm trying to help him out.

Back
Top Bottom