NT Fitness: Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts Appreciation

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

ERASCISM wrote:
Excess Protein (over 20%) = Inflammation

You're setting yourself up for bad news later on in life all because of aesthetics.
Could you elaborate?
nerd.gif

hes a vegan.

imo its pretty hard to take in more than 1gm of protein per pound of your weight... unless you pick up a smoothie with 40 grams in it...

For those of you who buy skinless/boneless chicken breast in the frozen section, have you ever noticed the cholesterol content in each breast?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Grilled Turkey Cutlets > ______________

For today.....

Breakfast: 2 bananas and a Kudos bar

Lunch: Usually leftovers from dinner from the night before... brown rice, 2 chicken kebabs (with zucchini and red peppers for the veggies)

Dinner: salad (chopped tomato, onion, cabbage, cilantro, w. a little bit of oil and lemon juice) & grilled Tilapia

Dessert: Little bit of vanilla yogurt and maple granola
Leave the bars alone. They are practically candy bars. A LOT of sugar is needed to keep the bar together. Always remember that.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

For today.....

Lunch: Usually leftovers from dinner from the night before... brown rice, 2 chicken kebabs (with zucchini and red peppers for the veggies)

Dinner: salad (chopped tomato, onion, cabbage, cilantro, w. a little bit of oil and lemon juice) & grilled Tilapia

Leave the bars alone. They are practically candy bars. A LOT of sugar is needed to keep the bar together. Always remember that.

It's not a bar...Cascadian Farms maple granola cereal....and I don't use much. Besides, a little bit of sugar in the granola isn't going to hurtmuch...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This and organic baby spinach are staples in my diet now.

Breakfast: oatmeal

Lunch: Sesame soy salad with vegetarian chick'n breast

Snack: Organic baby carrots

Dinner: Chicken breast with hot sauce and pepper (maybe roasted garlic salsa too
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
) and plain baby spinach on the side

Dessert: a couple spoonfuls of cottage cheese

This will be my diet for the next month or two.

Yea I try to stay away from granola as well. Granola is usually high in sugar as well. Anything clustered is filled with sugar. Really isn't a LITTLE bitof sugar either

i bake the chicken in my own marinade of tomato sauce, onion, green peppers, and SOME cayenne peppers...I SWEAR ITS
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Split breasts ftl. Too much work with the ribcage in there.

I stick between boneless skinless breasts and skinless thighs. I know thighs aren't as good for you, but I love them, and I get rid of the skin.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

For today.....

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/univ/hipro.html

My lunch everyday at work.

[table][tr][td]Box Of 16[/td] [td]Chocolate Brownie[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Supplement Facts[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Serving Size1Bar(85g)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Calories[/td] [td]296[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Fat Cal[/td] [td]54[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Amount/Serving[/td] [td]% DV*[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Total Fat[/td] [td]6g[/td] [td]9%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Saturated Fat[/td] [td]3g[/td] [td]15%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Cholest.[/td] [td]17mg[/td] [td]5%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sodium[/td] [td]224mg[/td] [td]9%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Potassium[/td] [td]285mg[/td] [td]8%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Total Carb[/td] [td]33g[/td] [td]11%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dietary Fiber[/td] [td]<1g[/td] [td]3%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sugars[/td] [td]1g[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sugar Alcohol[/td] [td]26g[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Protein[/td] [td]33g[/td] [td]66%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Vitamin A[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]25%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Vitamin C[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]25%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Vitamin D[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]25%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Vitamin E[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]25%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Vitamin K[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]25%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Thiamine[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]25%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Riboflavin[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]25%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Niacin[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]25%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Vitamin B6[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]25%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Folate[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]30%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Vitamin B12[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]25%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Biotin[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]25%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Calcium[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]7%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Iron[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]20%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Phosphorus[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]7%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Magnesium[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]<2%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Zinc[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]5%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Selenium[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]20%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Copper[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]15%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Ingredients[/td] [/tr][tr][td]HI-Protein Matrix (Whey Protein Concentrate, Isolated Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Protein, Whey Protein Isolate, Glutamine Peptides), Glycerine, Coating (Maltitol, Partially Hydrogenated Palm Kernel And Palm Oil, Cocoa, Butter Oil, Glyceryl-Lacto Esters, Soya Lecithin, Natural Flavor), Water, Maltitol, Polydextrose, Cocoa, Corn Syrup, Partially Hydrogenated Vegetable Shortening, Natural Chocolate Flavor, Potassium Sorbate, Vitamin Blend (Ascorbic Acid, Dl Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine HCL, Vitamin A Acetate, Riboflavin, Thiamin Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Cholecalciferol, And Cyanocobalamin), Peanut Flour, Acesulfame Potassium[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

I stick between boneless skinless breasts and skinless thighs. I know thighs aren't as good for you, but I love them, and I get rid of the skin.
indeed...but i got em for .98c/pound.....couldnt pass it up
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DLo13

Originally Posted by chermy23

Chicken + Lawry's Herb and Garlic =
pimp.gif

Trust me on this.

Lawry's = Salt =
smh.gif

Need to holla at my girl Ms. Dash...
pimp.gif

Lawry's garlic and herb is no good for you??? for real?

NOOOOOOOOO

Originally Posted by TheTim11

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

indeed...but i got em for .98c/pound.....couldnt pass it up
laugh.gif

You can usually get whole chickens for cheaper (around $0.60-0.75 per pound). It's the same amount of work, and they're Ideal when you want to do fullroasts (beer-can chicken, for example...I have a great recipe).

Skinless chicken breast is so damn expensive; they're always around $3.49-$3.99 a pound, and a pack of three can go to $7 bucks. I usually go to theChinese supermarkets for meats.

As for the marinades...they're pretty high in sodium and sugar. To tenderize, I always beat my meat (pause) with a heavy pan. All I need is a pinch of saltand black pepper.

Does anyone have any homemade salad dressing recipes? I just a do a basic dressing: Equal parts olive oil and lemon juice (about one tbsp. of the oil and thejuice of one lemon wedge) and fresh black pepper. Put that in a greek salad with fat-free feta and
eek.gif

When i don't have time to cook i just grab swanson chicken in a can and drain the water, i kno its got more sodium but i eat it every now and then when imon the go.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

Excess Protein (over 20%) = Inflammation

You're setting yourself up for bad news later on in life all because of aesthetics.
Could you elaborate?
nerd.gif

hes a vegan.

and douchey.
laugh.gif

Thanks for the clarification.

So... how many of ya'll rockin' a Foreman Grill for all that chicken?
nerd.gif

Recently went vegetarian so I miss em
eyes.gif

Used to be a staple, but the Veg thing is going well (doing it for environmental/sustainability reasons, not animal rights. Actually just caught some laketrout and barely missed a deer earlier this season... both REAL sustainably raised foods
pimp.gif
). But as far as work outs I haven't noticed much of a change, besides in thecardio/stamina department where Ive had pretty big increases. The muscle I'm puttin on from lifting I find takes more time to get bulk, but once I build itis looks leaner, I'm droppin fat like MAD, and the muscle stays longer if I miss the gym for a week (or a month... had knee surgery recently). Gettin myprotein from beans, nuts, cheeses, other dairy, and soy products, and still puttin on muscle!

I was scared how it would affect me athletically until I read the article about Tony Gonzales going vegan. I can't say no to milk and cheese, but I haventhad any issues. Get at me if anyone got questions!

Anybody mess with the frozen boneless skinless breasts? I live alone and hate leftovers, so I usually stick with a bag of these. Thaw them a little, andit's off to the races. Any drawbacks, besides the fact that they can be a little dry sometimes? I usually solve that one by poaching or braising.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Recipies?

I don't know how to cook.

embarassed.gif
easy joint: cop some instant brown rice, some tomato sauce, onions, green peppers n chicken breast. boil the rice, bake the breast, let thetomato sauce simmer for like 20-25 mins, cut up the onions & green peppers & put in the tomato sauce. when its ready, top the rice & breast withthe tomato sauce mix
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom