NT Geek Squad....Need your help

My laptop has stopped booting up properly as of today. It's running Windows Vista, it keeps running Start-up Repair continuously. I cant get into safe mode, or access the boot log. I have yet to try a system restore to a previous date as it is on limited access.Normally I wouldn't really wouldn't care and re-insall windows, but myexternal HD +$*$+$% on me recently so I don't have anythingbacked up
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif
.  I But anyways here is the Start-up Repair

StartupRepair V2

Problem Signature 1: AutoFailover

Problem Signature 2: 6.0.6001.18000.6.0.60001.18000

Problem Signature 3: 5

Problem Signature 4: 589833

Problem Signature 5: CorruptFile

Problem Signature 6: CorruptFile

Problem Signature 7: 3221225705

Problem Signature 8: 2

Problem Signature 9: SystemRestore

Problem Signature 10: 0

OS Version: 6.0.60001.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 
If anyone can help make sense of this, and tell me what I should do next it would be greatly appreciated.

My laptop has stopped booting up properly as of today. It's running Windows Vista, it keeps running Start-up Repair continuously. I cant get into safe mode, or access the boot log. I have yet to try a system restore to a previous date as it is on limited access.Normally I wouldn't really wouldn't care and re-insall windows, but myexternal HD +$*$+$% on me recently so I don't have anythingbacked up
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif
.  I But anyways here is the Start-up Repair

StartupRepair V2

Problem Signature 1: AutoFailover

Problem Signature 2: 6.0.6001.18000.6.0.60001.18000

Problem Signature 3: 5

Problem Signature 4: 589833

Problem Signature 5: CorruptFile

Problem Signature 6: CorruptFile

Problem Signature 7: 3221225705

Problem Signature 8: 2

Problem Signature 9: SystemRestore

Problem Signature 10: 0

OS Version: 6.0.60001.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 
If anyone can help make sense of this, and tell me what I should do next it would be greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Bad internel hard drive, is a possiblity. Get a new, then buy a mac.
I seriously hope its not the hard drive. As I don't have my stuff backed up, and the second semester is in full swing
30t6p3b.gif

Anyone else with some insight as to what the problem may be

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Bad internel hard drive, is a possiblity. Get a new, then buy a mac.
I seriously hope its not the hard drive. As I don't have my stuff backed up, and the second semester is in full swing
30t6p3b.gif

Anyone else with some insight as to what the problem may be

stop using vista and get a windows 7 and it will auto back up your files before doing the whole installattion... if it didnt work.. rip HD

stop using vista and get a windows 7 and it will auto back up your files before doing the whole installattion... if it didnt work.. rip HD

Looks like it may be your Hard Drive, sorry to say.

Suggestion:

1. Purchase a NEW external hard drive

2. Purchase a blank cd

3. Use another computer and download Ubuntu Live iso and burn to the new blank cd you have

4. Boot your computer off the new Ubuntu Live cd that you just burned, plug in your external hard drive

5. Transfer as much information as possible while you still can (if you can at all)

6. Go to newegg.com and purchase a new internal hard drive

7. Install a fresh operating system (vista, 7, or your heart's desire)

8. Get back on NT
smile.gif

Looks like it may be your Hard Drive, sorry to say.

Suggestion:

1. Purchase a NEW external hard drive

2. Purchase a blank cd

3. Use another computer and download Ubuntu Live iso and burn to the new blank cd you have

4. Boot your computer off the new Ubuntu Live cd that you just burned, plug in your external hard drive

5. Transfer as much information as possible while you still can (if you can at all)

6. Go to newegg.com and purchase a new internal hard drive

7. Install a fresh operating system (vista, 7, or your heart's desire)

8. Get back on NT
smile.gif

Aight thanks for the responses, Im going to take it to my homie and see if the data is still recoverable ( music, pictures, movies, school files). Btw can windows 7 be obtain without OG copy
nerd.gif

Aight thanks for the responses, Im going to take it to my homie and see if the data is still recoverable ( music, pictures, movies, school files). Btw can windows 7 be obtain without OG copy
nerd.gif

Update: My homie wasn't available, so i took it to BB Geek squad since it still under warranty. They said they could run a diagnoses, and if my data is still recoverable it would cost $160, just for them not to wipe it. Is this normal?

Anyone else got any other suggestions on recovering my data without having to pay that much since I am about to copp a new external anyways

Update: My homie wasn't available, so i took it to BB Geek squad since it still under warranty. They said they could run a diagnoses, and if my data is still recoverable it would cost $160, just for them not to wipe it. Is this normal?

Anyone else got any other suggestions on recovering my data without having to pay that much since I am about to copp a new external anyways

Originally Posted by TripleXL Vol 2

overnight it to me, i will do everything for it way cheaper than $160, seriously.

overnight it to me, i will do everything for it way cheaper than $160, seriously.

Just find someone else with an additional slot in their PC. Hook it up grab your data onto their drive or an external then nuke the broken drive.

Just find someone else with an additional slot in their PC. Hook it up grab your data onto their drive or an external then nuke the broken drive.

Back
Top Bottom