NT give me suggestion for my next snowboarding destination

I am a novice snowboarder and mostly just stick to greens and blues. Maybe with some more seasoning this season I'll try a black and hope not to get hurt.I've been to Breckenridge and Killington.

Also how do I score the best deals on lodging and lift tickets?

Kirkwood is hands down, the best Tahoe destination for skiing/snowboarding.

Take a trip to Tahoe and try out Kirkwood, Heavenly, Northstar and Squaw. My high school used to chaperone trips for us out there and we would hit up those 4resorts.

Sierra at Tahoe is garbage though.

Also Park City is pretty nice, Sun Valley in Idaho, and there's always Mammoth.

Where do you live?

Anyone know to closest place to Texas to snowboard. More info, I live in San Antonio.

I am going to colorado to snow board in like Jan or Feb, but i want to know if theres any place closer.

image005.jpg

I heard it's really nice

Hell, anywhere in the Rockies. Best snow I've ever been on. If you want west coast, I've heard Whistler is tops.

Go to Tahoe. Stay in South Shore or Reno but go ride in North Shore. Its about a 45 minute drive Go check out Northstar, Squaw, Kirkwood, and Sugarbowl. Iwould look on CL for deals on lift tickets. Just be careful not to get scammed. My boy bout a fake lift ticket off CL once.

How much does it cost to rent gear, or what are some good ways to save money on a snow boarding trip. Im going to start my research pretty soon. I know NT hassome advice, btw im going to colorado to snowboard.

Salt Lake City is nice, especially Snowbird.

Whistler is great too. Northeast compares nothing to the West.

Yea killington is cool if you dont board. Did you just stick to killington or diad you rid pico too? If you come bact to vermont theres a ton in about a 2 hourdrive from there

Originally Posted by rodster831

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

How much does it cost to rent gear, or what are some good ways to save money on a snow boarding trip. Im going to start my research pretty soon. I know NT has some advice, btw im going to colorado to snowboard.

im going with my local surf shop this year for two days. they only charge a little over 100 dollars to go, it includes all the gear and the cabin you bunk with a few people with
they go to heavenly every year
and since i know everyone there its like going with friends
That 100 dollar thing is just because you with that surf shop crew right?
but that sounds nice, i wish i had a lot of people to go with. Its hard for friends to get off work and stuff. I just know im not going alone. hahaha
Ill probably do my price checks on how much this trip is going to cost later tonight.

Originally Posted by Smokey13

^^^How many days are you going for?
Prob 2-3 days. depending on price. My friends has family in colorado, so we have a place to stay. Were renting a car to drive up, i want to stop afew places before we get their, see some college friends that didnt stay at the university in san antonio.

I think it'll cost you about $150 a day for lift ticket and renting the gear(boots, bindings, and board). Do you have anything for snowboarding? Clothes,goggles, gloves?

Back
Top Bottom