NT Going Bald Crew: Male Pattern Baldness FTL

Best clippers you guys use to shave your head? I just use them cheap wahl clippers for like $20 bucks from target but I feel like they don’t cut as good after like a month or two. I wanna get my hair as short as possible but not straight up razor it until I really have to. I like using the clippers that barbers use for lineups but if I used that on my head myself I’d feel like it’d take forever since it’s so little but using regular clippers I feel like they don’t cut as close. What are you guys using?

NT is partial to various types of Andis IIRC, the thread where Tyga and others get roasted has disgust it but I don't remember details. I Do know that a Phillips Norelco One Blade gives me nearly as close a shave as a razor but it's too small. If they ever made it with a blade/trimmer that was either longer or wider I probably wouldn't need to use a razor as much.

Last edited:
Best clippers you guys use to shave your head? I just use them cheap wahl clippers for like $20 bucks from target but I feel like they don’t cut as good after like a month or two. I wanna get my hair as short as possible but not straight up razor it until I really have to. I like using the clippers that barbers use for lineups but if I used that on my head myself I’d feel like it’d take forever since it’s so little but using regular clippers I feel like they don’t cut as close. What are you guys using?

One day bored I tried my andis trimmer t-outliner against the grain and got the closest shave ever gotten with a clippers. Only thing for the neck I have to go with grain or I get irritates for a day or two l.

I'm about 5 and a half weeks into my Hims treatment now. I got anothee haircut yesterday. Wow, I'm back in the game for real, for real. The last couple years I've been getting a no guard against the grain and yesterday I tried out a one-guard and it looks good. I'll be wave ready in no time :smokin

The hair is really coming on the crown of my head so I can see baby hairs growing around my hairline. It's almost to a point where blends in with my hair when I get a haircut.

On top of the Hims treatment, I've been been using a .5 inch dermaroller once a week and using Mane Choice hair growth oil every 2 or 3 days.
What's the logic behind the dermaroller?

What's the logic behind the dermaroller?

There are a lot smarter people that can explain it a lot better than me but the gist is that using a derma roller on your head is a process called micro-needling, where youre causing tiny injuries to your scalp and your body responds with new skin growth on top. People use it for acne scars, other skin issues and beard growth as well.

I use it about once a week (takes about 5 mins), and I do it in conjunction with the Hims stuff

Last edited:
Lm93KRM.gif

I've been taking Hims products (finasteride and minoxidil, shampoo and multivitamin) daily and using a dermaroller once a week for the the last 2 months and I've seen great results so far. I started taking the products on May 23.

October 2018 on the left to June 30th on the right (5 weeks of using Hims)
20190729_214243-COLLAGE.jpg

June 30th on the left to July 10th on the right
20190729_215810-COLLAGE.jpg

July 10th on the left to July 29th on the right (a little over 2 months of using Hims)

20190729_213850-COLLAGE.jpg

Attachments

• 20190729_214035-COLLAGE.jpg
    20190729_214035-COLLAGE.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 20190729_213850-COLLAGE.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Looking back to my pictures from the beginning of this thread, I'm pretty much back to where I started :lol:. My only regret is not getting started sooner.
20190730_221827.jpg

Nice man

2016 is the year I started noticing some hair loss. I wish I started as soon as I noticed it.

I'm 3+ months in so far.

I've been taking Hims products (finasteride and minoxidil, shampoo and multivitamin) daily and using a dermaroller once a week for the the last 2 months and I've seen great results so far. I started taking the products on May 23.

October 2018 on the left to June 30th on the right (5 weeks of using Hims)
20190729_214243-COLLAGE.jpg

June 30th on the left to July 10th on the right
20190729_215810-COLLAGE.jpg

July 10th on the left to July 29th on the right (a little over 2 months of using Hims)

How much you drop a month on supplements

(I’m not bald) but for those of you who have/had bald or thinning hair. How often did you wet your hair? Over the course of your life?

I’m 31 (32 in December) I shampooed and washed my hair frequently, as a child, teenager, and early 20s.

But for about 5-6 years, I’ve been off and on. I completely stopped washing my hair altogether about a year ago. I usually use peppermint oil and castor oil. I comb my hair maybe once a week, or every other week.

My hair is braid/plat length. (It reaches a little past my nose).

But it’s like, ever since I stopped wetting my hair, it just lasts and grows better. Feels thicker and oilier.

So, I’m curious how many of you guys wet or washed your hair A LOT at any point in your lifetime???

This is from a December, about 7 months in. Edged are still thin. When I get it cut (usually get a 1-guard up top with a fade), you can't tell that I'm losing my hair at all.

20200101_193845.jpg

I was seeing amazing growth in the first 2-3 months and the growth has slowed (but not completely stopped) since then.

Last edited:
Damn that **** really works I see. Any side effects that people be talking about?

I have locs and my corners have thinned slightly. Not worried but may consider it in the future

This is from a December, about 7 months in. Edged are still thin. When I get it cut (usually get a 1-guard up top with a fade), you can't tell that I'm losing my hair at all.

20200101_193845.jpg

I was seeing amazing growth in the first 2-3 months and the growth has slowed (but not completely stopped) since then.

I'm thinning in the exact areas as you were. I'm gonna have to look into this cause I've been skeptical of hims since I've seen the commercials so thanks for sharing fr fr.

I'm thinning in the exact areas as you were. I'm gonna have to look into this cause I've been skeptical of hims since I've seen the commercials so thanks for sharing fr fr.

That one on the left was before I started. I was skeptical at first but it really works for me. My only regret is not getting started earlier. I first noticed my edges were thinning in early 2016. At first, I just thought my barber pushed my hairline back. For over 3 years, I did nothing about it and just saw it getting worse and worse. I don't know what I was thinking, maybe I thought it was just going to fix itself or something like that. I actually shaved my head for a couple of months early last year.
20190729_214035-COLLAGE.jpg

My only regret is not getting started sooner. I haven't had any side effects but doing some research, I did see that a small percentage of men to experience sexual side effects from the finasteride. Definitely do your research.

Yea, not being able to get hard scares many of us.

I am in the same situation as you ATL.

GOOD WORK

(I’m not bald) but for those of you who have/had bald or thinning hair. How often did you wet your hair? Over the course of your life?

I’m 31 (32 in December) I shampooed and washed my hair frequently, as a child, teenager, and early 20s.

But for about 5-6 years, I’ve been off and on. I completely stopped washing my hair altogether about a year ago. I usually use peppermint oil and castor oil. I comb my hair maybe once a week, or every other week.

My hair is braid/plat length. (It reaches a little past my nose).

But it’s like, ever since I stopped wetting my hair, it just lasts and grows better. Feels thicker and oilier.

So, I’m curious how many of you guys wet or washed your hair A LOT at any point in your lifetime???

This is a really great point you brought up. I'm bald, my hair line started getting chewed out and the top of my head was thinning at about 24-25. Accepted my fate, shaved it all off clean and haven't looked back since. However I had the the thickest hair with waves from about the age of 14-21. I was always washing my hair, leaving it wet so I can put Murray's, sporting waves or even some damn vaseline in my hair just so I can hit it with that hard brush, have my waves spinning and then using the soft brush all day every 10 mins. Couldn't tell me **** :lol: I started wearing a lot of fitted and snapbacks like at age 21 and wasn't letting my hair properly breathe. Got to a point where you never saw me without a hat even though I had great hair and a crispy line. Got a bad a hair cut one day from a new barber cause I was impatient. He took my corner back and nothing was ever the same.... :smh:

Back
Top Bottom