NT got into my 1st car accident what happens next?

It was a side swipe, me and another van are going down a 2 lane street, he's about halfway in front of me, he steps over the white line, swiped

best part is that it was one of those fire abulance vans so he was already in favor when the police arrived and new the guy and everything, whatever I gave my story and Im sure he gave his. Cop just said call this number to get your accident report and bring it to your insurance

now Im almost certain I lost just for the fact that My swipe is in the front and his in the back, but who decides whos at fault police or insurance?

and Im with allstate, will my insurance go up?

it was literrally just something a little paint could fix on both cars, if it was somebody else could have easily been settled without calling @%+% (Ive seen my pops do it plenty)
alien.gif

4 years of a perfect free record, aint even hit curb before
smh.gif
tired.gif

eh dont worry about it, cant do anything now

but yes, the police report is important, and how it's written

you're going to have to call your insurance company, they're going to want the police report, there adjuster and the van's adjuster decide who is at fault or what percentage at fault everyone is.

only advice I can give is to harass the @$++ out of their company and ask for the supervisors so they give up a little on the percentage, this might not apply to a commercial vehicle tho
ohwell.gif

Did you get his insurance info?

Call your agent at All State and tell them your story... mention it wasn't your fault.

Call his insurance company and file the report yourself. Then call the driver and tell the driver to call his insurance company to get the story.

If the driver says it wasn't his fault, get the police report.

Don't talk to the other insurance company. Says it right on the back of your Allstate insurance card.

Got into two accidents last year, both weren't my fault, but it's disgusting how dishonest some people can be.

1st accident a guy made a left turn into my car since he didnt yield. First he claimed I was speeding then he realized that wasn't good enough so he says I ran the red and he had the green turning arrow. Total BS.

In that accident I kept arguing my case with Geico the rival insurer. And they kept trying to trap me, switching up my story while I was telling it. In other words they were trying to get me to admit fault. I hung up the phone quickly. Lesson learned.

2nd accident I almost lost my life, some lady who's uninsured runs a red and runs me into a traffic pole, stoplight actually fell down. Thens she comes out the car laughing, saying I ran the red. I couldnt believe what I was hearing. Her insurance had no idea her coverage had lapsed so they kept harasssing my phone for a week, trying to get my account of the accident.

Its been 10 months since the 1st accident and still no verdict, the insuance companies settle everything, but it depends on the drivers if no one wants to budge it could take years.

And I'm with Allstate also, my premiums went up about $50/month in NYC, just on the fact that they paid out twice on my behalf (Collision Covergae). Fault hasn't been determined on either accident.

Originally Posted by jesusinjordans

Don't talk to the other insurance company. Says it right on the back of your Allstate insurance card.

Got into two accidents last year, both weren't my fault, but it's disgusting how dishonest some people can be.

1st accident a guy made a left turn into my car since he didnt yield. First he claimed I was speeding then he realized that wasn't good enough so he says I ran the red and he had the green turning arrow. Total BS.

In that accident I kept arguing my case with Geico the rival insurer. And they kept trying to trap me, switching up my story while I was telling it. In other words they were trying to get me to admit fault. I hung up the phone quickly. Lesson learned.

2nd accident I almost lost my life, some lady who's uninsured runs a red and runs me into a traffic pole, stoplight actually fell down. Thens she comes out the car laughing, saying I ran the red. I couldnt believe what I was hearing. Her insurance had no idea her coverage had lapsed so they kept harasssing my phone for a week, trying to get my account of the accident.

Its been 10 months since the 1st accident and still no verdict, the insuance companies settle everything, but it depends on the drivers if no one wants to budge it could take years.

And I'm with Allstate also, my premiums went up about $50/month in NYC, just on the fact that they paid out twice on my behalf (Collision Covergae). Fault hasn't been determined on either accident.

crazy stuff right there

Don't talk to the other insurance companies. They're SHADY.

I got into a huge accident a few months ago, got hit by a truck and my car was flipped and totaled.

The insurance company from the truck came over my house and told me they're going to offer me $800 if i don't sue for personal injuries. To be honest, i was perfectly fine...i went to the hospital and got checked up, i didn't have a single scratch on me. So I'm reading this contract that they wanted me to sign (8 pgs) and I noticed it said "this includes property damage". So i asked dude does "property damage" include my car and dude straight up lied to my face and said "No, that just means whatever property you had on you; not the car".

Told him I'd rather have my lawyer look at it; and dude immediately offered me more money. I told him I don't want to sign anything until they figure out how much they're going to give me back for my car.

Still waiting for a response from them..

Edit: as for your premium raising, it depends on the police report. your insurance is going to want to know your side of the story; so is the other insurance.
I think they judge it on like a percentage system (ex: you're 30% at fault, he's 70% etc etc)..and depending on whats the percentage, you might see a raise.

I'm not 100% sure about it though..dont quote me on it.

Back
Top Bottom