NT Have Any of You Ever Worked For An Insurance Agency?

Nt I need some advice I currently work at a retirement community in event coordinating.

The pros of it are

Good people
Good benefits
Flexible schedule
I can do homework, surf NT, etc at work

The cons are

Because it is a nonprofit I don't get paid well (this is important because i have a son)
I'm technically underemployed because my skills aren't really put to good use
there isn't much prestige or satisfaction in what I do

Anyway today I was at state farm to renew my insurance and the manager pretty much offered me a job because I'm bilingual and other good qualities I have. So should I leave my current job for this one? How much do insurance agencies usually pay? I know I have to get certified to be an agent so is the certification process hard? Is there anything else I should know?

I worked for state farm for about 2 years. I worked there part-time during high school. I didn't have any of the licenses but I still enjoyed working there. My friend and co-worker is still there. They work on salary deals. You will have to work something out with your employer. Our boss gave commission when you hit a certain mark every month. It's not a bad job when you are a people person and can really communicate and bond with customers. My friend was 25 and still going to college make $33,000 base. Then he was good at selling so he earned additional. Being an agent is when you really get paid. I live in NJ, so it's alot of customers out here. My boss stayed winning like trips and awards from corporate because of the good job he was doing and the numbers he pulled. I would have loved to stayed but I left because I started college.

Originally Posted by Me4u2Night

Why don't you try working pt?

It's one or the other because I'm also a student taking care of 3 month old son and working full time so you can imagine how hard it can get. 

Jordman23 if you get some of the licenses does your earning potential go up? The guy wants me specifically to get my license

Originally Posted by Me4u2Night

Why don't you try working pt?
Its one or the other because I have a three year old son I work full time and I go to school

Jordman23 if you get the licenses does your earning potential go up? He wants me specifically to get the licenses so that I can boost sales.

Back
Top Bottom