NT: Help me plan my 40+ day, 10K mile road trip!

Originally Posted by FoShizzle

You can't go all the way to Portland and not go the 2 hours further to Seattle. That would be a big mistake. Seattle is awesome in the Summer.
happy.gif

Oh man. Summer in seattle is unreal. Go down to the university of washington waterfront activity center and rent a canoe and go chill on lake washington for aday. bring some beers if you want and get real twisty mctwistaltoned.

Sounds like fun... hope it works out for you, but i also hope you have a good bit of money.. it ain't cheap traveling.

Originally Posted by nine point five

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

When you come to Cali drive down highway 1 down the coast..
yea man most def. we plan to leave San Clemente around 3am headed to San Fran, almost entirely along the coast.
smokin.gif
thanks for the suggestion though. any other scenic spots you'd recommend in Cali?

M!ke

Highway 1 is all you need, you can get down to Socal from San Francisco faster but driving down Highway 1 makes that extra drive all worth it

First, I suggest waiting until you are 21, for being underage will prevent you from getting into numerous places, especially with regards to nightlife. Beingunder 21 FTL.

Secondly, no ATL? Yet you are hitting up the AUG? It appears sir, that your planning is flawed indeed.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

When you come to Cali drive down highway 1 down the coast..
yea man most def. we plan to leave San Clemente around 3am headed to San Fran, almost entirely along the coast.
smokin.gif
thanks for the suggestion though. any other scenic spots you'd recommend in Cali?

M!ke

I'd recommend you making it all the way down to San Diego. After San Diego, go to San Clemente like you planned, and drive up highway 1 hitting up DanaPoint, and Laguna Beach. Go to LA, then Santa Monica, Malibu. Then skip up to Santa Cruz, and proceed to Half Moon Bay and San Francisco. You can even go toMuir Woods for beautiful Redwood forests or Point Reyes National Seashore. Then keep going up the coast. I also recommend going to Humboldt Redwoods State Parkup in Norhtern Cali. Its beautiful up there.

Portland???

Seattle > Portland, and it's not even close...... especially during the summer

Oh and you could hit up Mt. Rushmore on your way to Minnesota if you're interested in that

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

• New Orleans
  • Dallas (area)
Dumbest trip ever.

You Mad? He is smart for not wanting to go to dusty %@! H-Town...

What i will suggest, although i love my Dallas, go to Austin,Tx [6th st] if isnt too far out of your way...you wont regret it..

Here's the deal; I'm 20 years old and will be graduating from my community college in May with an AA. I'm already tired of school but have no real direction for the future. My homegirl and I have been planning a round trip around the country since early this year, both to travel and do some self exploration. As of now we plan to leave June 19th; nothing is set in stone but we feel more comfortable with atleast an outline to look at. Represent your city/state! Please feel free to offer some suggestions!

Rough Outline....
  • DC
  • Augusta, GA
  • Tallahassee, FL
  • New Orleans
  • Dallas (area)
  • Carlsbad, NM
  • Albuquerque, NM
  • White Sands National Monument
  • Tucson, AZ
  • Grand Canyon
  • Las Vegas
  • San Clemente, CA
  • San Francisco
  • Lassen Volcanic NP
  • Gold Bluffs Beach (Redwoods NP)
  • Crater Lake
  • Portland, OR
  • Boseman, MT
  • Yellowstone NP/Grand Teton NP

M!ke
this dude has a ? mark over like its a map of the hatches

While in Arizona... make sure you drive through Sedona on the way to the Grand Canyon. BEAUTIFUL CITY.

Mike, come through Cincy Ohio.

Show some love for Griffey's hometown!

Ha, that sounds dope though. Wish I had the time to do something like that.

well, since i am from the minneapolis area, i would recommend swinging through here on your way instead of going south through iowa...especially after drivingall the way through south dakota (you might want to off yourself after that)
laugh.gif

-but you absolutely HAVE to stop in chicago, 2 days minimum...you can't skip the chi.

Back
Top Bottom