NT, help me with a scammer (vehicle related)

i know NT hates reading, so i'll give the short version

drove 350 miles (5 1/2 hours) to pick up a car yesterday. after the test drive we went to finalize the deal, when dude said he had to run to his house and unload his trunk. he texted me an hour later saying that he needed the title. after 2 hours of waiting, and getting kicked out of a gas station, dude refused to answer my calls or texts. finally after another 30 minutes, he tells me he changed his mind. dude skipped town on me. he was supposed to pay my gas, now i'm down $80 in gas, 11 hours worth of driving, and almost 700 miles of driving on crappy indiana roads. i took out another loan, skipped class and called off work for this trip.

can anyone help me get revenge/give me some ideas? i texted dude today and he threatened violence on me even though he's too scared in person to tell me the deal was off.

what i know:
first name: corey
address: 1138 coldwater road, fort wayne, indiana
cell: (765)-667-4188
license plate number: 369TCX (indiana plate)

if anyone can get his last name i'd appreciate that too

i know NT is full of detectives, and i would appreciate anything yall could do. i've seen NT ruin some scammers' lives
laugh.gif

i should add that there's more to the story than just him leaving me stranded. but i won't go into details. i just wanna know some info and get back at him

well he told me his address, and tried to skip out before i got there, i wasn't just turning around and leaving, so i posted up at his house for 2 hours until he got there. he ignored my calls and texts and thought i was impatient enough to leave. then told me he was at his "office"

him and his boy took my car for a joyride while i was gone test driving his.

lied about multiple things on the car that he replaced and i caught him. stuff you shoulda told someone driving 5 hours to see it

and i just found out he sold the car out from under me about 15 minutes after he ducked me. never gave me a chance to offer anything higher

knew i was on a strict time schedule and intentionally made me late while him and his boys laughed about it

he now has a few M4M ads on craigslist

Originally Posted by damnneardeadstock

he now has a few M4M ads on craigslist

laugh.gif

post cars on there with unbelievably low prices with his phone number. so he can receive a buncha calls for them.

He probably got a better offer at the last minute.

edit - I guess he did if he sold it 15minutes after he 'ducked' you.

He treated you with no respect. Unfortunately a lot of young people these days have no understanding on how to do business.  Goons. SMH.
If thats the way he does business, he will never succeed in life. At least you know he is a scum bag and karma is a B.

Just take the L and move on. Dude did you a favor, if he didn't tell you about some things that were wrong with the car, who knows what else could have been wrong with it.

What do you mean they took your car for a joy ride? Why did you give a stranger the keys to your car?

Actually, f' that. He owes you atleast that $80 for petrol. So, I guess you will have to order $80 of pizza to his house.

the car was parked at his house while i took his around the block. he wanted to see how fast it was. it was a small neighborhood so i wasn't worried about theft. guess that was a dumb move on my part

that phone # is associated with a few other 'sale threads' on a few car forums if you do the proper searches.

he joined the forum one day. sets up a thread the same day. he's ghost from the forum that following day.

take that how you want.

Im not getting the story how is he a scammer, he's a flaker and bad for business but he didnt take anything from you, or are you saying he stole your car

you gotta be more clear, oh well you'll score a saturn some day

Originally Posted by damnneardeadstock

the car was parked at his house while i took his around the block. he wanted to see how fast it was. it was a small neighborhood so i wasn't worried about theft. guess that was a dumb move on my part

Don't ever let someone you don't know drive your car. Especially if they want to see how fast it is. If someone says that to you, you let them ride shotgun while you drive.
I have seen too many people let their friends drive their car and they wreck it because they aren't used to the car/speed and lose control. And thats with friends, can you imagine if that dude wrecked your car? You don't need all that stress and problems in your life.

Anyways, I'm sorry dude put you through all that, but like I said - the majority of young people these days DO NOT know how to do business. And dude will never be a success in life if he deals with people like that. Atleast you know that much.

I do think $80 worth of pizza at his door-step tonight should square you guys up. 
happy.gif

yeah, i'm orderin pizza tomorrow.

and i didn't let him drive. and hes a mid 20's, socially awkward loser. i wouldn't call him a kid. he had the balls to tell me the car i built had something wrong with it even though it made the 350 mile trip

anyone know a way to look up cell numbers or license plate numbers?

^ don't do it tomorrow because he'll immidiately assume that you did it to get back at him. do it in a couple of days

Well if you already have his address, name, and phone number, what more were you looking for?

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

what car were you trying to buy?
acura RSX type S. been lookin for a mint one for years

Well if you already have his address, name, and phone number, what more were you looking for?

i wanna know his last name, and make sure it matches his address before i send $80 in pizza

Just take the L and move on. Dude did you a favor, if he didn't tell you about some things that were wrong with the car, who knows what else could have been wrong with it.

you shouldve let him come to you, and if he refused then forget the whole thing.

Anyways, I'm sorry dude put you through all that, but like I said - the majority of young people these days DO NOT know how to do business. And dude will never be a success in life if he deals with people like that. Atleast you know that much.

are you positive that is his correct address...im looking something up but no matches were found at all for that address

Back
Top Bottom