NT HELP: What screenprinting company prints on AAA shirts (PICS INCLUDED)

My friend is starting a clothing line called Empire in the air. Right now her screenprinting company only gives her the option to print on American Apparel and she wants to start printing on AAA. Thanks in advance for the help. She only has one shirt so far so help support the cause. Oh and of course pics.

A good screenprinter has standards. AA shirts are great quality, come from a company focused on sustainability/green initiatives, and is all-American. AAA are fine shirts, but not the best quality.

For the record, I'm not hating in any way. I'm just saying as a designer that I wouldn't print my shirts on AAA. The reason for that is that AAA has 100% standard cuts for their shirts and the quality is cost-efficient. I would want my designs printed on a shirt that people would want to wear because it fits them well. AA keeps up with modern/contemporary cuts for clothing, AAA just offers the standard.

you should look for one locally, that way your more hands on. You'll be able to go in check on prints, and modify them before you waste a whole run of tees on a print that doesn't turn out the exact way you want it. That's if your screen printer is cool with it. Also you should buy the tees yourself from a distributor instead of the printer, it'll help out on your costs.

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

A good screenprinter has standards. AA shirts are great quality, come from a company focused on sustainability/green initiatives, and is all-American. AAA are fine shirts, but not the best quality.

For the record, I'm not hating in any way. I'm just saying as a designer that I wouldn't print my shirts on AAA. The reason for that is that AAA has 100% standard cuts for their shirts and the quality is cost-efficient. I would want my designs printed on a shirt that people would want to wear because it fits them well. AA keeps up with modern/contemporary cuts for clothing, AAA just offers the standard.

dont most urban clothing brands print on AAA? Correct me if im wrong.

Originally Posted by Sid Nasty

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

dont most urban clothing brands print on AAA? Correct me if im wrong.
That or Fruit of the Loom or Hanes. That doesn't make them quality shirts. That just means that for a full color screen (Supreme Kermit shirts) they pay about $15 a shirt and make a $35 margin, or for a DISSIZIT/C&C two-tone (white on black or black on white) they probably pay about $9 a shirt and make a $16 margin. My HS senior class printed on AA shirts for our shirts and I still wear it because it's just so damn comfortable. That was 4 years ago.

To OP: Have your friend call AA personally and tell them their business plan and mission statement and mention that they're students working on a start-up and they might cut you a deal. AA is the equivalent of Apple as far as students are concerned. (i.e. Apple gives student discounts.) Then buy the shirts in bulk and have a local GOOD screener print them. Pre-print prep is important. If they're not prepping the files right and matching PANTONE colors, they might be paying for 4 colors instead of duo-tone (2 colors). Making a call to a printing rep should fix that.

First things first, tell your models to stop making faces that make me not want to look at the picture.

Originally Posted by Noskey

First things first, tell your models to stop making faces that make me not want to look at the picture.
roll.gif
i agree. but their not my models.

Glad to see young entrepenurs but that shirt sucks, hopefully all your friends buy the first run.

Back
Top Bottom