NT Home Theater Experts Help Vol. Sound Bar

Ok NT I have a decent sized apartment and needed something basic to get me better sound than from my TV.

I picked up a cheap Vizio sound bar for like $90 and it's got 2 rca inputs (
laugh.gif
) and one digital input. I have the two rca going to my cable box and iPhone and I wanted to use the digital for my PS3. If my ps3 is connected to my tv with HDMI it's sending sound thru that right? So would I need to connect to the digital output on my TV?

yes

or i think you can set the PS3 to send sound through optical, video through HDMI

Originally Posted by offbad

yes

or i think you can set the PS3 to send sound through optical, video through HDMI
This, but in all honesty, unless youre sitting right infront of the tv sound bars are trash.

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

yes

This, but in all honesty, unless youre sitting right infront of the tv sound bars are trash.
He didn't ask that, though 
laugh.gif

But yes..that'll work. 

Thanks...it worked. And I'm pretty much right in front of the tv 
laugh.gif

Anything is better than the tv's sound...I know I wasn't gettin much, especially for the price

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

yes

He didn't ask that, though 
laugh.gif

But yes..that'll work. 

My bad Nino. Didnt mean to rag on your set up. I used to work at best buy so ima bit of a home theater snob. 
ohwell.gif

I'm not really looking for a home theatre set up, but I do want some enhanced sound for my LED. What are some decent soundbars? Yes we'll be praked right in front of the TV.

I figured as much,
laugh.gif
. If they suck, I don't want to spend bank.

We basically moved into our house a year ago (it was a decripid forclosure), and we're about situated. However, our living room (where the TV is) is going to be subject to change. So before I get a bunch of new audio/speakers, I want the room set up like it's going to be.

The soundbar will be a holdover of sorts.

Back
Top Bottom