NT, How Effective Is Anti-Bacterial Soap? Vol &%$# Being A Good Samaritan

Downtown earlier tonight I was walking down the street with a friend of mine to my car. On the sidewalk we see this homeless asian lady with one leg sitting in a wheelchair. She called out to me but I didn't answer at first, thinking she was gonna ask me for money. After a couple "sir"s I decide to give her two seconds of my time to see what she really wants. She asks me if I can do her a favor... she wants me to pull up her jeans because she's in a wheelchair unattended and she only has one leg. 

NT, I'm generally a nice guy to strangers... "you never know who's watching" and all that stuff. I decide to help her out and go on my way...

As I approach I look to see where her jeans are but her jacket is covering most of her bottom. She tells me the plan is for me to pull up her jeans when she uses her arms to prop herself up on her one leg. I say cool. She stands up and as I put my hands on her jeans to pull them up they graze her adult diaper, which is now in plain sight... and which is also wet. Soaking wet. At the same time a smell like roadkill death and broken dreams wafts up from the depths of the chair and a feeling of complete helplessness rolls over me... Falling into a world of vinegar piss, feces and malicious disease I start to think existentially about the world. Filth lady snaps me out of it though, because I realize she's telling me to actually reach down and touch her rotting, bacteria-thriving jeans. I decline, walk to the pizza place down the street, and wash my hands while I think about putting my head through the faucet.

Now I'm home, but my eye's starting to itch. It's because I have allergies, but it also makes me wonder what kind of exotic ailments I could have contracted from the cess-puddle that was that woman's diaper. Any NTers with a medical degree? Thanks.

rip.gif.tn.jpg

your eye might be irritated but I doubt you could get anything bad because urine is pretty sterile.

im not a doctor

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

You smelled that thang 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

The girl I was walking with got mad at me too, because after I said I couldn't help her the lady asked her to help and she got piss on her hands too. Still makes my stomach turn over thinking about it 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Well at least you didn't get pissed... weeeeeeeeell you kinda did.

OP Don't worry about it...as long as you didnt ingest anything your good. Its more dangerous nowadays to go eat at a restaurant than to help a women.

You were acting like Jesus would have us act.

17:12  As he entered into a certain village, ten men who were lepers met him, who stood at a distance.

17:13  They lifted up their voices, saying, "Jesus, Master, have mercy on us!"

17:14  When he saw them, he said to them, "Go and show yourselves to the priests." It happened that as they went, they were cleansed.

17:15  One of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, glorifying God with a loud voice.

17:16  He fell on his face at Jesus' feet, giving him thanks; and he was a Samaritan.

17:17  Jesus answered, "Weren't the ten cleansed? But where are the nine?

17:18  Were there none found who returned to give glory to God, except this stranger?"

17:19  Then he said to him, "Get up, and go your way. Your faith has healed you."

[font=Times New Roman,Georgia,Times]Matthew 8:14-17[/font][font=Times New Roman,Georgia,Times] [/font][font=Times New Roman,Georgia,Times]- Then on coming into Peter's house (in Capernaum, after healing the leper and the centurion's servant in Matthew's Gospel) Jesus saw that Peter's mother-in-law had been put to bed with a high fever. He touched her hand and the fever left her. 
[/font]
[font=Times New Roman,Georgia,Times]
 Then, as the sun was setting, all those who had friends suffering from every kind of disease brought them to Jesus and he laid his hands on each one of them separately and healed them. Evil spirits came out of many of these people, shouting, "You are the Son of God!".hus was fulfilled. Thus was fulfilled Isaiah's prophecy - 'He himself took our infirmities and bore our sicknesses'[/font]

she's suffered far more than you could ever imagine, and she asks you the simplest of favors, to make her life just that little bit bearable and you cant even perform the simple task of helping someone pull up their pants

i wonder how ecstatic she was that someone finally answered her pleas for help, and to be completely denied and played off because she was too filthy, straight up demeaning.

have some compassion for god's sake

and you wonder what's wrong with the world, the youth, etc. it's selfish nonsense like this.

man up [{}]

Originally Posted by kiendienn

she's suffered far more than you could ever imagine, and she asks you the simplest of favors, to make her life just that little bit bearable and you cant even perform the simple task of helping someone pull up their pants

i wonder how ecstatic she was that someone finally answered her pleas for help, and to be completely denied and played off because she was too filthy, straight up demeaning.

and you wonder what's wrong with the world, the youth, etc. it's selfish nonsense like this.

man up [{}]

Shut the hell up. You're on the sidewalk in one of the most dangerous cities in America at night, a homeless person asks you to pull up her pants and when you put your hands on her, a woman that has been doing GOD knows what with herself, you feel and smell urine and refuse. I'm not asking for praise, I really don't care, I was taught to help others. But don't criticize my actions when you haven't been in the situation yourself. This isn't in some old person's home where I know their medical background and the risks... this is on a sidewalk. 
I don't care whether you think I was compassionate enough, because I don't care what you think about me. However, the gall you have for criticizing someone in what could be a perilous situation that you've never experienced before is pitiful. You probably would have ignored her from the jump.

The only thing I regret about last night is not knowing a number to call to get her some help. I did my best, so I don't feel any guilt at all.

man up [{}]

eek.gif

GOT EM!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ how OP told the story. Such drama and description
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

You smelled that thang 
laugh.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif

But yea as soon as I touched anything remotely moist I would of kept it moving. But I highly doubt you have anything shun.

man up [{}]

indifferent.gif
REACHING, you are.

Back
Top Bottom