NT, How hard is it to cut your own hair?

I have done my own haircuts for the past 3-4 years. Was tricky first couple times but I got the hang of it pretty quick. It takes me about 45 min to cut myhair though. I use an 8 on top then a 5 on the sides which I taper down using a 4 then 3 then 2 for around my ears. The back is the same as the sides. Then toshape it all up especially to even out the top I use scissors and for the outline I use my Mach 3.

I use a Wahl Platinum clippers and I do my haircut in my bathroom where I place 2 pairs of 2 sheets connected bounty paper towels inside my sink so that it cancollect the hair and I just throw it out when i'm done because it's a really quick cleanup. The advantage of cutting my hair in my bathroom is that Ihave a cabinet mirror in front of me and a mirror on the wall right next to the opening cabinet mirror so that I can open it and it'll reflect onto theother mirror on the wall so that I can view cutting my hair on each side of my head as well as in the back.

I got this thing down to a technique.
laugh.gif

it's pretty easy it just takes some practice

just make sure your mirror set up is legit
and lining up can be tricky, prepare to mess up a few times

Don't do it yourself unless you are going to buzz it all one length (like a 4 guard or shorter). Otherwise fork up the $20 so you don't look like thatkid you sat next to in third grade that never showered or combed his hair.

Not to easy.. the back angles are hard especially in the mirror as it is opposite what you see

ya you just have to make sure to get all the hair on the back i usually give myself like a three

Originally Posted by Kobe BACK

its pretty easy once u get used to it. but be prepared to mess up a few times

that messin up part gets me . in my younger days i would often clown a bad fade or line up, so when you mess up( african-americans ) what do you do?
aint tryin to go bald

Originally Posted by AbominalSnowman

Its hard at first, but as you practice it becomes second nature just like everything else.
this.

whenever i first moved to pa i was like
smh.gif
damnnn man cant even find a decent barber, but my grandpa was like listen... you only gunna mess up once
laugh.gif
eversince i been rockin withh some profession wahl clippers, and an oster t liner, ocassionally an andis but i use that more on my face/back of the neck

a 3 way mirror would extradite the process and prolly smart
smh.gif
at me for never investing haha but i do ok with a conventional mirror and a handheld...

if ur black try using a long 2 all the way around... the bigger gaurd allows for u to be sloppy wit it n it still look ok and not patchy, perfect long wavelength too, and when u begin to get bettter u can do a 2 then taper ur sides n back etc.

ull save mad $$$ but sumtimes i be mad jealous when i see dudes with fresh professional cuts all the time... o well someday :/

what store can i buy the Andis Master Clippers from? Or I can only buy these clippers online? thanks

Its easy.

You won't get it how you want the first few times...

But once you get the cut right.. And your line up right..

It'll be like..

I did that.. :: thumbs up ::
laugh.gif

Get a friend to cut your hair i wouldnt recommend doing it yourslef bcuz you have to angle the clippers right in order for it to look like all the hair is cuttat the same length

Not too expensive. My barber's cuts are
pimp.gif
just gotta go every 3 weeksfor $14 a cut.
but if you know how to do it on your own, and possess every necessary materials, you oughta go for it

Originally Posted by divinetecknique

So I just got this:
51HW36VDPNL._SS400_.jpg

[URL="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000I1QQBI/?tag=niketalk0e-20"]Amazon product ASIN B000I1QQBI
For my shape ups/line ups.
Did I get the right tool? Cause I'm looking and it seems like it'd be perfect for lining me up, but damn it's a 13 piece kit!
Hella $$%% in there that has never been used before.

What the verdict NT?

There's no fade lever on that one.
not good if you're just starting out

get this
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000I1S18Y/?tag=niketalk0e-20"]http://www.amazon.com/Wah...id=1242938300&sr=1-1

or this
http://www.amazon.com/Wah...id=1242938300&sr=1-9

Back
Top Bottom