NT how long have you had your laptop/desktop?

Joined Aug 23, 2003
Originally Posted by mholmes87

@ 75% of this thread having a MBP..
almost makes me want to see what all the hype is about. 

I've always felt that Mac OS is "dumbed down"

Question for MB owners: are there any limits to the functionality when compared to windows? can it run "non-licensed" programs and can i do advanced stuff on it like I can on windows: programming, editing software codes etc.

Joined Jul 13, 2009
I'd say I had my case for 4 years, inside the case is another story. Everything else other than a hard drive and my cd drive is less than 3 months old. Oh my speakers too those are also 4 years old.

megatron

Banned
Joined Aug 31, 2011
desktop like 6-7 years
stills runs

sony vaio only has like 700 ram

my 2011 macbook pro 15" though since mid march
i never let it out of my sight

AZwildcats

Supporter
Joined Oct 31, 2009
3 years ago I bought my Toshiba from Best buy on Black Friday. Still running strong

Joined Jun 23, 2010
Didn't know much about Macbooks last year when my college of engineering said not to get one.
Turns out that was BS, and a Macbook would've sufficed.

Anyways, I've had my Vaio FW since Aug. 2010, and I'm loving it. Will definitely have a MBP at some point in the next 3 years though

Joined Sep 19, 2007
Sony Vaio going strong after 6 years
Had an Dell since then as well but it was a POS, booted up my Sony after not using it for a year and worked great. Going to be getting a new one in the few weeks though.

ernesto4

Banned
Joined Dec 15, 2010
since may. hp envy 14 beats edition. does the job and looks damn good doing it  

Joined Jan 7, 2010
^ So, you got a bootleg MacBook that costs almost the same? Nice.11 months. i7 15" MacBook Pro.My first Mac and I love it. I will never go back.

Joined Aug 28, 2003
Had my HP Dv6000 for about 3 yrs now and pretty much everything in it has died at least once ... The only reason I still have it is because I used the money for a MBP to fix my car and I needed it to continue working on some music. Overall it's been a decent laptop and really nice to look at but all the hardware is pretty much crap as far a reliability.

Joined Apr 14, 2004
Originally Posted by J2Legend

Built mine last May. Runs like a dream. I didn't go all out but it's aiiight. 
Asus P7H55D-M Pro

8GB RAM

Intel i7 Quad Core Processor

Saffire ATi Radeon (duel DVI/HDMI)

Antec power and gaming case 

WD Caviar Blue 1TB internal w/ WD 1TB external HD

LG DVD/BR/CD writer

Windows 7 Ultimate 

Logitech Surround w/ Sub

2 - 24" Samsung monitors

It's Sapphire, not saffire lol.

anyway, which Sapphire card did you get?

Joined Nov 24, 2002
<1 year. I usually find a good deal on a laptop, use it for a year, flip it on CL or eBay, and buy an upgrade that's about the same price as the one I sold.
Currently, I have a Sony FW series. It's probably the only laptop I've considered keeping for an additional year. It could easily fetch the same price that I originally purchased it for, but it fits my needs so perfectly I can't imagine selling it. Battery life is horrid though (it is a 17" laptop).

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now