NT how long have you had your laptop/desktop?

laugh.gif
@ 75% of this thread having a MBP..

wow, i feel #poor

Originally Posted by mholmes87

laugh.gif
 @ 75% of this thread having a MBP..

almost makes me want to see what all the hype is about. 

I've always felt that Mac OS is "dumbed down"

Question for MB owners: are there any limits to the functionality when compared to windows? can it run "non-licensed" programs and can i do advanced stuff on it like I can on windows: programming, editing software codes etc.

I'd say I had my case for 4 years, inside the case is another story. Everything else other than a hard drive and my cd drive is less than 3 months old. Oh my speakers too those are also 4 years old.

desktop like 6-7 years
stills runs
pimp.gif

sony vaio only has like 700 ram
laugh.gif

my 2011 macbook pro 15" though since mid march
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
i never let it out of my sight

Didn't know much about Macbooks last year when my college of engineering said not to get one.
Turns out that was BS, and a Macbook would've sufficed.

Anyways, I've had my Vaio FW since Aug. 2010, and I'm loving it. Will definitely have a MBP at some point in the next 3 years though
glasses.gif

Sony Vaio going strong after 6 years
pimp.gif
Had an Dell since then as well but it was a POS, booted up my Sony after not using it for a year and worked great. Going to be getting a new one in the few weeks though.

since may. hp envy 14 beats edition. does the job and looks damn good doing it  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

^ So, you got a bootleg MacBook that costs almost the same? Nice.11 months. i7 15" MacBook Pro.My first Mac and I love it. I will never go back.

Had my HP Dv6000 for about 3 yrs now and pretty much everything in it has died at least once ... The only reason I still have it is because I used the money for a MBP to fix my car and I needed it to continue working on some music. Overall it's been a decent laptop and really nice to look at but all the hardware is pretty much crap as far a reliability.

Originally Posted by J2Legend

Built mine last May. Runs like a dream. I didn't go all out but it's aiiight. 
Asus P7H55D-M Pro

8GB RAM

Intel i7 Quad Core Processor

Saffire ATi Radeon (duel DVI/HDMI)

Antec power and gaming case 

WD Caviar Blue 1TB internal w/ WD 1TB external HD

LG DVD/BR/CD writer

Windows 7 Ultimate 

Logitech Surround w/ Sub

2 - 24" Samsung monitors

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

It's Sapphire, not saffire lol.

anyway, which Sapphire card did you get?

<1 year. I usually find a good deal on a laptop, use it for a year, flip it on CL or eBay, and buy an upgrade that's about the same price as the one I sold.
Currently, I have a Sony FW series. It's probably the only laptop I've considered keeping for an additional year. It could easily fetch the same price that I originally purchased it for, but it fits my needs so perfectly I can't imagine selling it. Battery life is horrid though (it is a 17" laptop).

Back
Top Bottom