NT, How many times can you rep 135 on bench?

Back when I benched a lot in grade 11 I did 135 36 times. All reps touched my chest to. I have pretty short arms tho so benching came easier to me than others.

I was 5 10, 175.

Now maybe 10 lol smh

Originally Posted by Durden7

Jay Gutta wrote:

Jaw Knee C wrote:

^^^exactly. Going past 90 degrees increases your chance of shoulder injury. instead squeeze when you're at the top.

I dont know about that son.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnhpKTXeIeg
So youre going to trust some guy from a youtube video who is being backed by some fatloss website even though all fitness certifications say 90 degrees?

i dont know about the injury thing...but i hit my chest when i'm benching cause. that's the way i was taught to do it. i'll be honest, i use to do the 90 degree thing for a little while but there's such a difference when you go down to your chest instead. you need a lot more strength to bring the bar back up. to each their own though
laugh.gif
i'ma keep hitting my chest hopefully without injury
happy.gif

You need more strength to bring the bar back up because youre using your shoulder for part of the exercise instead of your chest.

Well, I was just using his vid as an example as how i have been taught to do it. He does it the way I do it so I posted it. Dont know the guy or ever been tohis site. I was taught this way in highschool and college and I have not injured myself, but I am always open to new ideas that work EFFECTIVELY. Fitnesscertifications? Were can I find this?

* waits for DoubleJ to make an "Niketalk Draft: Combine" post with different events.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

* waits for DoubleJ to make an "Niketalk Draft: Combine" post with different events.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
hmmm
nerd.gif

with the 1st pick in the NT Draft, the Gary, Indiana Simpingtons select.....

I would think repping 135lbs until failure is more of an endurance battle over strength, unless you are weak and can't bench 135lbs to begin with. As ofyesterday I am repping 245lbs 7-8 times and do 135 for warm-ups. By the time I got to 15 or 16 I was already feeling a little tired. So I would think somethinglike this relates to endurance, sort of like how many push-ups you can do. For the sake of building muscle though I hope nobody is using this method lol.

I would disagree just for the mere fact that my endurance/stamina sucks big time....I haven't done any cardio in a while.
laugh.gif

I don't think I would ever do this again though.

i actually stopped going to the gym because i dont have time to go consistently, but i work out at home 5-6 days, every morning i do 100 pushups, 25 pull ups,and about 40 dips for my strength exercise. im 5'11 and 195-200lbs.

Back
Top Bottom